• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Conniff said:

I haven't mentioned anything about vote fraud, only you have so you show us the proof there has never been any fraudulent votes cast 'ever' ?

Ah, I didn't think you could.

But is it right for 3.5 million people to have to get photo ID - which they have to pay for - when you can count the numbers of proven voter fraud cases each year on the fingers of one hand?

You just carry on reading the super left-wing Guardian

I would post links from the Telegraph but they have a paywall, the Guardian doesn't.

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Paywalled - but headline summary is there to see (which is as far as Brexiters tend to get anyway)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/02/28/voter-plans-risk-us-style-voter-suppression-warn-civil-rights/

"Introducing mandatory voter ID in Britain risks “US-style voter suppression”

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

OK Con, You've failed miserably on that

How about answering:

whats the very very simple, honourable and quality solution to the UK/NI/RoI-EU border food issue which simply:

* actually meets with a number of headline assurances of the brexiters in the Brexit campaign and since,

* would deliver on that headline claim to the british people

* means there wont need to be a food border either in the Irish sea or on the Island of Ireland and would minimise checks right down

* still allows the UK to sign deals elsewhere that meet that quite basic, simple and already claimed assurance,  and deals that dont in other areas?

* Might go some way towards renewing so worth of the Uk's word on International agreements (provided they didnt renege of course)

??

Edited by tobyjugg2

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

What the hell are you on about now.

Why shouldn't you have ID to go and cast a vote, you can't even get a parcel from the post office without ID, most things require ID so why not to vote?

Also please explain how it will stop people voting,??

4 minutes ago, Conniff said:

Also please explain how it will stop people voting,??

Already have Con, Already have

Did you present your approved photo id before posting that as you claim its not an issue?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

No you have not given an explanation how it will stop people.

And yes you do have to have photo id for the post office, i've just had to collect a parcel and it required photo id

2 minutes ago, Conniff said:

No you have not given an explanation how it will stop people.

And yes you do have to have photo id for the post office, i've just had to collect a parcel and it required photo id

No you dont Con - credit or debit card will do quite nicely or even a recent bill

Voter ID plans risk 'US-style voter suppression', warn civil rights groups American civil rights groups say mandatory voter ID shuts out marginalised voters By Tony Diver, Political Corresponden

- Telegraph

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

22 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

No voter fraud in any significant amount at all and most certainly nothing warranting any changes to the existing clearly very effective process and mechanisms, let alone a compulsory requirment for photo id being imposed upon the nation.

else by your disingenuous illogic connniff, you should present such photo ID to buy an ice cream - due to the insignificant 'potential' for fraud in that process.

and of course as you support it - also present your fully Johnson validated photo id before each posting on a forum ... due to the far more likely event of disingenuous and/or false/fraudulent statements by you.

So you are saying 'you' know the exact number of people who voted fraudulently, why don't you tell the authorities and publish those number here please ?

2 minutes ago, Conniff said:

So you are saying 'you' know the exact number of people who voted fraudulently, why don't you tell the authorities and publish those number here please ?

The Tiny, insignificant official figures were linked here by HB,  weren't they CON

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

23 hours ago, Conniff said:

I haven't mentioned anything about vote fraud, only you have so you show us the proof there has never been any fraudulent votes cast 'ever' ?

Ah, I didn't think you could.

23 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

23 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Lets not forget that voter fraud is the justification claimed by the Tories for the need for compulsory voter photo id

(although they of course carfully word it 'potential' to avoid being outright liars rather than simply being 'disingenuous)

Cabinet Office: "Showing identification to vote is a reasonable approach to combat the inexcusable potential for voter fraud in our current system and strengthen its integrity."

From the links above:

"In 2018, there was no evidence of large-scale electoral fraud.

Of the 266 cases that were investigated by the police, one led to a conviction, and two suspects accepted police cautions.

In 2017, there was one conviction and eight suspects accepted police cautions."

Hows that CON man

as stated

From the links above:

"In 2018, there was no evidence of large-scale electoral fraud.

Of the 266 cases that were investigated by the police, one led to a conviction, and two suspects accepted police cautions.

In 2017, there was one conviction and eight suspects accepted police cautions."

Absolutely nothing to justify even the risk of disenfranchisement of voters, let alone the actuality

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I mentioned that ID cards would be needed to place a vote, in your attempt to get one over as you always do, you brought up fraud.

You then said millions would be stopped from voting because they didn't have the id and I said the council will issue so there is no need at all for anyone not

to have id if they wish to bote.

This is page 187, that's 187 pages of you whinging and saying you know everything and everyone else is a fool and knows nothing. step back my friend and take a look at yourself

P.S.  Evidence, that doesn't mean there wasn't any.  Thousands of criminals get away with their crime because there was no evidence.

Edited by Conniff

11 minutes ago, Conniff said:

I mentioned that ID cards would be needed to place a vote, in your attempt to get one over as you always do, you brought up fraud.

That is the populist minister claimed justification for imposing the photo ID for voting as already linked, now isnt it CON?

Heres the example used of the many available linked for you yet again CON

Cabinet Office claim: "Showing identification to vote is a reasonable approach to combat the inexcusable potential for voter fraud in our current system and strengthen its integrity."

need pictures CON?

Even handcock admits its as near to a none issue as you can get

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/matt-hancock-voter-fraud-photo-id-b1845363.html

Matt Hancock admits only 6 voter fraud cases at last election, as protests grow over ‘photo ID’ crackdown

The Electoral Commission warned young people, people from ethnic minorities, women and the elderly were most likely to be penalised.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Thanks 1

The Tory Legacy

so come on CON

Whats the justification for requiring photo ID for voting?

We have demonstrated that the govs own figures show that fraud is negligible under the existing system - aka it works VERY well as is,  and certainly nothing to warrant a change squandering even more tax payer money than they already have and are.

Even the populists only allude to the vague claims of potential for some sort of undefined fraud maybe oneday possibly not against the laws of physics  .. even if its demonstrably NOT the case.

So what and where is the solid cost benefit justification for spending even a penny of tax payer money on this?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Because you can't prove a point doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  Just do as you are told for a change and get an ID or don't vote - simple.

All this crap about Johnson didn't do any good at these elections so continuing with stories to try and shame the government won't bring them down either.

Come up with sensible policies, things people want instead of continually whinging, 187 pages of it on this thread alone, you really must have the saddest life,

perhaps you should move in with HB and then you can cuss in the living room over coffee.

54 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Well well whoop de doo

How much debt is the UK in?

• £1,685 billion is owed by individuals in the UK (September 2020).
  • On average every Brit spent £865 on interest alone last year.
  • 280 people are declared bankrupt every day in the UK (August to October 2020).
  • £31,798 average debt per adult in the UK (August 2020).
  • There is over £1.95 trillion public sector debt in the UK (May 2020).
  • This is equal to 100% of gross domestic product (GDP) – the first time that debt as a percentage of GDP has exceeded 100% since the financial year ending March 1963.

Shows he is a normal like person 

So Conn (despite no approved ID being shown by you):

1. What and where is the solid cost benefit justification for spending even a penny of tax payer money on photo ID for voting?

Even without the governments own stats on the lack of ANY insignificant voter fraud under the existing system?

2. What is the simple, already promised in the Brexit campaign and beyond, solution to the food deliveries UK/NI and UK/EU and NI/EIRE which would still allow the UK to negotiate external deals?

Forbes:

Official data shows just two people received a conviction or police caution for impersonating another voter in 2019—a year that featured a U.K.-wide general election

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

22 minutes ago, Conniff said:

Well well whoop de doo

How much debt is the UK in?

• £1,685 billion is owed by individuals in the UK (September 2020).
  • On average every Brit spent £865 on interest alone last year.
  • 280 people are declared bankrupt every day in the UK (August to October 2020).
  • £31,798 average debt per adult in the UK (August 2020).
  • There is over £1.95 trillion public sector debt in the UK (May 2020).
  • This is equal to 100% of gross domestic product (GDP) – the first time that debt as a percentage of GDP has exceeded 100% since the financial year ending March 1963.

Shows he is a normal like person 

Could you post a link to your information please, Conniff? I'll add it to your post.

Illegitimi non carborundum

2 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

They'll be breaking in the flat an taking a roll or two (overheads and fees) of his golden wallpaper off the wall to pay it ...

He'll need a few more walls full of golden paper for the 'public sector' debt that CON referred (figure is questionable but at the low end of the ballpark figure) - as thats  part of Johnson and Sunacks sovereign/national debt after routing money to their cronies.

So CON posts appallingly high JOHNSON GENERATED DEBT AS AN EXCUSE FOR ... JOHNSON GENERATED DEBT

lol

Would that be deception .. or cluelessness CON?

The populists normally claim cluelessness when caught doon't they?

I was unaware that I was spending that much of other peoples money your honour, and also unaware that much of what I was spending it on was not going to be delivered.

I trusted my ,mates with your money. and they did an astonishingly good job of taking it.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

2 hours ago, Conniff said:

Because you can't prove a point doesn't mean it doesn't exist. 

You'll be booking in for your dengue hemorrhagic fever treatment then will you?

While you wait perhaps you can answer the outstanding questions?

1. What and where is the solid cost benefit justification for spending even a penny of tax payer money on photo ID for voting?

Even without the governments own stats on the lack of ANY insignificant voter fraud under the existing system?

2. What is the simple, already promised in the Brexit campaign and beyond, solution to the food deliveries UK/NI and UK/EU and NI/EIRE which would still allow the UK to negotiate external deals?

David Davis :

voter ID plans are “pointless… a waste of time… (and) an illiberal solution in pursuit of a non-existent problem,” as he called on the government to abandon the “expensive” proposals.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks