• Tweets

• 1. who knows... 2. not the whole A/C vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th b'day ...already carefully explain this. 3.yes 4.already carefully explain this.
    • if i remember rightly, long ago in one of the first drafts of the old proposed gov't overhauls, there was a listing of recommended 'charges' that inc wrong reg = £20. some PPC's implemented such changes in advance. then later as it looked increasing likely the new code was never going to be implemented after it's 1st review and another set of codes was to be debated they all quietly revert back .......... dx
    • Potentially it may not even get sold on? Just the default left for 6 years then gone? but if it is sold on ill get a letter from the DCA which is the notice of assignment? Sorry what is the different between a default notice and a default cal marker? yes, i may try and work arrangements out with the OCs after the breathing space but I'll see my circumstances then thank you again for all your help and patience, I really appreciate it and apologies If i am too fast or repeating myself.
    • receiving a default NOTICE (forget simple default cal markers) does not mean it will get sold on... OC's very very rarely do court themselves.  if it does you would receive a Notice of Assignment from the debt buyer/DCA.  as for reduced payment if it remains with the OC and they issue a DN, no harm in trying but lets get all your ducks inline first. dx  
    • okay thanks do you know how long it will take for it to get to the DCA or could the OC try and issue a CCJ? even though it's unlikely also for example would the OC agree to a reduction and a small payment over a super lengthy period of time if agreed? Rather than go through chasing apologies again for all the questions, just trying to understand all the possible scenarios.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Then vote against who you honestly see as the worst liars (whomever that might be, and however wrong you might be).

Not voting is a free pass for them all and is only of benefit to those with the most fanatical of supporters.

THE number 1 item in my list.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Perhaps, but is a person who promises local goodies on behalf of a arch liar who wont, and who supports that liar - worth anything?

So (despite your comment on 'dishonesty) did you vote for arch liar Johnsons' party then conniff? or was Farages your choice if available?

I voted for a local people who I believed would do the local job best

- and a significant part of that is that they aint Corbynisto-ssas' or Johnsona'rse or Farages'phincters ...whos basic values commonly do not present as mine - and whos loyalties commonly 'lie elsewhere

(that leads to a point - has Derbyshires Police commissioner been voted out for overseeing Derbyshire cops going out mob handed to oppress and enforce NOT covid NOT law)

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

As a Canadian / Brit nationality, after witnessing Quebec separation referendum number 2 in November 1995, I can honestly say that indyref 2is a massive gamble for the SNP. There was a huge movement towards a 'free Quebec' in the early 90's which let to a sense of bullish confidence that Parti Quebecois would finally get their idealistic way on attempt number 2 and wrench Quebec away from Greater Canada. Turned out that on the day of their precious referendum, a few thousand more people voted against separation. it was 0.1%.  

Cue shrill accusations of fraud and , lots of anti semitism, the Jewish Community in Montreal, got their vote out on this one, along with other ethnic minorities. But in historical context it was the end of the Quebec  nation dream. Sure there were some death throes, but looking at my second home of Quebec now, millenials couldn't care a flying walrus.  

What I'm saying is, by all means have a second referendum, but if independence loses, it's gone for ever!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

1 hour ago, honeybee13 said:

David Allen Green has a new legal blog out on why he thinks there's a mandate for Scottish independence. He's using the same maths as the Westminster pro-Brexit parties did.

https://davidallengreen.com/2021/05/the-mandate-for-a-scottish-independence-referendum/

50 minutes ago, London1971 said:

What I'm saying is, by all means have a second referendum, but if independence loses, it's gone for ever!

Interesting the Torys on telly burbling about the scots dont want independence, they want to rebuild jobs and their economy

... err yes they do - to all three - thats WHY they are voting SNP in their droves despite the Tories best efforts (lol)

.... and a small majority is enough as defined by Brexit.

I personally wouldn't try to define that a second inderef whatever the results would be he last - thats up to the Scots,

... but it surely would start to seem almost as fascicle as Johnson being PM .... eventually ... after quite a few

The Tory Legacy

@London1971
 Agree that it would be risky for SNP to hold a second referendum, so they would need to be sure that there was a good majority currently in favour of Independence.   

If I remember correctly, one of the biggest arguments in the first referendum was over the financial forecasts that were issued by the SNP.  If they stand any chance of winning Indyref2 they need to clearly establish how an Independent Scotland would be able to provide the revenues to maintain public spending levels required. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Priti Useless's new plan for returning asylum seekers to mainland Europe isn't going well as not one country has agreed to take migrants back.

The UN think it damages the UK's international reputation.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/09/eu-countries-snub-priti-patels-plans-to-return-asylum-seekers

• Sad 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

10 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

@London1971
 Agree that it would be risky for SNP to hold a second referendum, so they would need to be sure that there was a good majority currently in favour of Independence.   

If I remember correctly, one of the biggest arguments in the first referendum was over the financial forecasts that were issued by the SNP.  If they stand any chance of winning Indyref2 they need to clearly establish how an Independent Scotland would be able to provide the revenues to maintain public spending levels required. 

The bigger arguments were

You need to stay in the UK to stay in the EU

- and the UK would veto Scotlands entry

- they cant now

Currency

- you cant use the UKP

- many arguments contrary to that and Scotalnd could easily choose dual currency - rather like the english and scottish fivers

Finance -

For starters:

* Kick the nuclear subs out and access the gas and oil and fish in those Scottish waters for a 10 year plus boom with no England interference and bleeding dry - as Scotland gets established in the EU

* Fishing (in agreement with the EU and Norway etc was always more important to scotland and the tocks are moving North

* Become the route from Ireland and the US to the EU - ask Dover etc how profitable that was

*** Demand a full breakdown and legitimacy of the part of the UKs debt they might be expected to share - including the 100billion chumocracy payments .. if England dare ask

Hows that for starters?

The Tory Legacy

2 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Priti Useless's new plan for returning asylum seekers to mainland Europe isn't going well as not one country has agreed to take migrants back.

The UN think it damages the UK's international reputation.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/09/eu-countries-snub-priti-patels-plans-to-return-asylum-seekers

"It follows reports last week that hundreds of people seeking asylum in the UK have already been warned they could be removed to other countries in Europe – despite Brexit removing Britain’s power to make such transfers and the fact it has no legal agreement with EU nations to take these people back."

Her and Johnsons utter arrogance still astounds afresh.

The Tory Legacy

heres the Johnsons trumpesque plan to disenfranchise those who commonly dont vote for him

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/10/queens-speech-photo-id-future-elections-social-care

"Queen’s speech: voters will need photo ID for general elections

Government’s legislative agenda is unlikely to include long-awaited reforms to adult social care"

The Tory Legacy

If you have read that article properly HB you will also have read "people would be able to apply for a voting ID card from their local council".

So not having any is not an excuse.

Edited by Conniff

4 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Because poorer people and younger people often don't have photo ID, Conniff.

Link to the article fixed, TJ.

TY HB

Loads of people dont have photo ID and many object to it

Besides its a problem that simply doesn't exist in any real way - just like trumps lying about 'widespread' voter fraud which was systematically debunked

- Its Johnson the liar simply trying to disenfranchise people who don't vote for him, Just like the changes he wants to make to the mayoral elections

Johnson the Liar aka trump mini-me

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

So conniff, care to give some reputable evidence of confirmed and in any way significantly consequential voter fraud .. other than Trumps disreputable twitter feed replacement  .. that justifies the population being required to carry photo id ?

especially as they dont even require you to show the voting card they send you.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I haven't mentioned anything about vote fraud, only you have so you show us the proof there has never been any fraudulent votes cast 'ever' ?

Ah, I didn't think you could.

Edited by Conniff

Lets not forget that voter fraud is the justification claimed by the Tories for the need for compulsory voter photo id

(although they of course carfully word it 'potential' to avoid being outright liars rather than simply being 'disingenuous)

Cabinet Office: "Showing identification to vote is a reasonable approach to combat the inexcusable potential for voter fraud in our current system and strengthen its integrity."

From the links above:

"In 2018, there was no evidence of large-scale electoral fraud.

Of the 266 cases that were investigated by the police, one led to a conviction, and two suspects accepted police cautions.

In 2017, there was one conviction and eight suspects accepted police cautions."

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

No voter fraud in any significant amount at all and most certainly nothing warranting any changes to the existing clearly very effective process and mechanisms, let alone a compulsory requirment for photo id being imposed upon the nation.

else by your disingenuous illogic connniff, you should present such photo ID to buy an ice cream - due to the insignificant 'potential' for fraud in that process.

and of course as you support it - also present your fully Johnson validated photo id before each posting on a forum ... due to the far more likely event of disingenuous and/or false/fraudulent statements by you.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

10 minutes ago, Conniff said:

Drivel not repeated

So present your photo ID before posting Con, as it clearly seems that proportional theres demonstrably far more dubious activity from you here than there is at the poll booths

Our own 'little Trump' .. which would make you a ...?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks