• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

32 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

on the topic of fishing, more examples of Johnson not blocking - just not allowing/enabling agreements

https://www.euronews.com/2021/04/27/france-threatens-retaliation-if-uk-doesn-t-comply-on-fishing

As shown - affected EU states will reciprocate, simple not enabling/allowing UK firms access to EU areas

So pulling up the drawbridge and ignoring your nearest neighbours on fishing, say, causes problems in other economic areas. Who'd have thought?

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

On fishing, talking to Sky News a French fisherman said

"Fisherman Laurent Merlin said: "There is no fish left for us in French waters.

"Sole has completely disappeared already, the small amount that is left is in British waters."

There should be a total block on them.

4 hours ago, Conniff said:

On fishing, talking to Sky News a French fisherman said

"Fisherman Laurent Merlin said: "There is no fish left for us in French waters.

"Sole has completely disappeared already, the small amount that is left is in British waters."

There should be a total block on them.

No benefit for anyone but those rich enough to be able to afford to eat endangered species then if in any way true .. and on that note ...

- do understand that Dover sole (a particular type of flatfish) is obviously best caught around Dover (hence it name) but 'Sole' is caught elsewhere - as far afield as America

- just like Gorgonzola cheese strictly speaking isnt made in Wensleydale ...

and didnt they also find quite a few people who thought Boris Johnson is basically honest ... ROFL

and even some (maybe the same) who think David Icke isn't bonkers?

added detail rather than leaving a trap ...

Edited by tobyjugg2

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

While we patiently wait for Conniff to take the bait ... hehehe

For those who have missed it: Nappygate

Tory donors approached to pay for Boris Johnson’s nanny and personal trainer, reports say

‘I resent being asked to pay to literally wipe the prime minister’s baby’s bottom’ a supporter allegedly responded

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-nanny-flat-loan-b1840805.html

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

You can't bait me, I'm far too laid back for someone who has nothing better to do than spend every day and night finding something to whinge about.

On your subject there, what is wrong with someone else paying a bill.  What you are saying is if a friend of yours offered to pay for nursery school you

would refuse.

Edited by Conniff

I'm not a paid politician 'supposedly bound by certain rules.

I'd only have the inland revenue to worry about should they decide its a gratuity.

Looked up the health of the Dover Sole stocks yet or happy to just continue posting false crap?

Here you go: (google is YOUR enemy)

https://www.mcsuk.org/goodfishguide/ratings/wild-capture/965/

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

6 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

It would be interesting to know which nation eats more sole of the UK and France.

Do you have a link for your quote please, Conniff?

As conniff avoided answering, I will just to keep it tidy and leave Conniff with nil points

Dover sole and other flatfish and crabs scallops/shellfish are/were mainly exported to the EU apart from higher priced UK restaurants and were a major part of the UK fishing industries income.

The UK consumer  prefer cod and haddock, the majority of which is imported

All suffering from Brexit ..

outline:

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-norway-fish-talks-collapse-brexit-london/

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

So, when you look at it,

Johnson the wasteful liar can't even manage to run a rent and utilities cost free flat ... on £161.000 + expenses plus £30,000 a year for decorating .. even with subsidised meals - if he pays anything at all for food.

No wonder the countries finances are trashed with cronies running off with all the taxpayers money for the next couple of generations.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I've read that the PM has to pay for meals that come from the Downing Street kitchen and that the flat is taxed as a benefit in kind, TJ.

Turning to fishing, it's getting quite fraught. France, the masters of direct action, are threatening to cut off Jersey's electricity [95% of it via underwater cable from France] over fishing licences being issued slowly or subject to unilateral terms that aren't what was promised last year.

A question I have is why are fishing quotas for 2021 still under discussion in May?

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

22 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

I'm not a paid politician 'supposedly bound by certain rules.

I'd only have the inland revenue to worry about should they decide its a gratuity.

oops

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-carrie-symonds-downing-street-hmrc-inquiry-money-revamp-flat-971934

LOL

The new Tory poster:

contracts for cronies,

donations for decorating

text messages for tax breaks

Payments for Pampers

... and RUN ... its the Revenue man

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

4 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Barnier has published his diaries from the Brexit negotiations, in French for now and in English in October. There are some interesting observations.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/05/tory-quarrels-betrayals-uk-post-brexit-future-barnier-eu

Cant wait to read it

The title alone is a true Barnier many layered tour de force although I expect the memoirs to be eye opening only to rapid Brexiters - who will no doubt nay say it all without reading anyway

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Paul Waugh notes it was a gift to Johnson on polling day

"From the early morning arrival of the Royal Navy until their evening return to Portsmouth, the PM had been allowed to project himself as a muscular interventionist in a spat that dominated the news agenda throughout polling day."

""Of course, the timing was dictated by the French fishermen’s protest ,rather than being part of some dastardly plan by Johnson to hijack the headlines as Britons voted in their biggest elections since 2019. It was a gift from Normandy, not a plot hatched in Downing Street, though many Tory MPs were no less delighted.

The Tory Legacy

On 01/04/2021 at 09:38, tobyjugg2 said:

I see Starmer ...

Well he may well be a better option than Johnson or Corbyn, but he should remember that Labour voters have a tendency to 'not bother' when they aren't impressed or feel ignored.

Looks like Starmer V Johnson has even further inspired the middle of the road voters to stay at home in Hartlepool just like Johnson V Corbyn did. Rubbish turnout.

Corbynistas who actually oversaw the worst Labour trashing in 100 years are claiming it validates them - Like snot it does.

Tories are saying its a great win - well hardly with the turnout and limited number of votes they got - should have been at least 30% more given the collapse of the Brexit party, and half as much again for a real swing

Many are saying its a terrible defeat for Labour which is at Starmers door - well that at least is true.

Not sure what the prior Brexit party voters have done - but it initially seems about half voted Tory .... and half didnt bother along with a chunk of moderates

No idea what the Corbynistas did - but seems unlikely they voted labour.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

A conundrum. The UK can have a referendum to leave the EU yet there's an argument on whether Scotland can have a referendum  to become independent from the UK. We had a referendum to become independent from the EU.

I would prefer Scotland to stay with us but i'm looking at the situation as to it's ok for us to have a referendum but not ok for Scotland to have a referendum. Maybe for Scotland to have a poll before a referendum to see if they want a referendum.

Scotland should have a right to hold a referendum on independence, if parties supporting independence have a majority in the Scottish Parliament to hold a referendum.

Not sure Scottish people would vote for independence, but they should be allowed a vote.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

In regard to the Labour Party, they need to recognise that the Tories have a larger base of support for their flavour of politics.  Brexit has stirred up a nationalistic spirit in many people on the political left and right, with former Labour voters now invested in supporting the Tories in trying to make Brexit a success.

This makes it very difficult for Starmer or any other replacement Labour leader to challenge the Tories, as those on the Brexit bus ride, now have their fingers firmly placed in their ears. This is why the recent sleaze allegations made no difference. 

I predict that Labour and the Lib Democrats, plus the Green Party are going to have to form an alliance in the near future, so they offer an alternative to the Tories during the next 5+ years.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1 hour ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Scotland should have a right to hold a referendum on independence, if parties supporting independence have a majority in the Scottish Parliament to hold a referendum.

Not sure Scottish people would vote for independence, but they should be allowed a vote.

They had a vote a few years ago.  Just like the calls for a Brexit Ref, you can't keep having votes until you get the result you want.

The problem with Labour is they are not opposing on political points or bringing on things they think will help and appeal to the country,  they are picking on silly things like who paid for Boris wallpaper, that's not opposition.

As this byelection proved, it didn't work.

@Conniff

But the sleaze and trust issue will take time to fester, with the media taking their part in highlighting issues.  Plus there are a number of inquiries taking place.

Boris is popular at the moment due to vaccination delivery helping the country out of the nightmare of the last 12 months. And also the Brexit vote has triggered the nationalistic feeling in many people.

Will Boris still be as popular at the end of 2021 ?

I think there are a number of core issues

1. For people I have spoken with - Too many people seem to take the 'all politicians are liars and crooks so its pointless voting.

I try to point out that if that is their core issue then the ONLY way to vote is against the worst liars and crooks to give them all an incentive to be more honest.

2. Johnson isn't just running on 'i got more people vaccinated, it isnt that simple - he's wrapping it all up in a 'hate and blame the foreigner' package .. and very effectively

- although the expected third wave ahead of 'booster jabs however less severe death wise (a lot of the susceptible have already died) may dent that despite johnson pointing the finger at 'foreigners (18 million+ of whom Johnson let into the UK in the first months of the pandemic)

On to labour/starmer/Corbyn

1. cluckski made a single good point amongst his Corbyn promoting drivel: Nobody really knows what Starmer is for. What comes to my mind is:

* Starmer 'supporting Johnson' in 'constructive politics' while doing FAR too little 'opposition' however ineffective - apparently in fear of how it might be promoted by the populists - WHAT!!! talk about being driven. Why vote for someone to support Johnson.

* Starmer saying 'make Johnsons plan work' WT... nobody can make it work its so full of contradictions and fantasy - as we see from the repeating breaches by the UK

*** Despite being a legal eagle with an unconscionable crook opposite him in the dock who is lying through his teeth and wiping his backside on the ministerial code  as often as most wipe their backside - the crook keeps getting off largely scot free 'in court'

* Starmer looks more like hes got a pipe bomb up his backside and Johnson has the deadmans switch in his waving hands

plus

* Corbyn is still a blight on the Labour leaning middle ground (who stayed at home) as mandelson largely accurately detailed

* its likely that Corbynista leaning local councilors are being trashed in these elections - I didnt vote for the corbynista local to me.

* The Corbynistas will almost certainly not have voted for or promoted Starmer - quite the opposite - and there are signs that many 'returned' to the greens while trying to leave scorched earth

So Starmer needs to

* Come up with concise soundbite policies that will inspire his team and the population and maybe enen the none fanatic Corbynistas

* Use his more inspiring and passionate leftentents like Milliband and Nandy more

* Start properly holding Johnson to account, not burbling some legaleese that allows him to claim he won the moral argument (we wins SFA)

The Tory Legacy

[quote] Too many people seem to take the 'all politicians are liars and crooks so its pointless voting.[/quote]

Been like that for a long time now and can't really see it going away no matter who is in power.

Edited by Conniff

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks