• Tweets

• Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof? 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No    Have you had a response?  n/a 7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice'  
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
    • Huh? This is nothing about paying just for what I use - I currently prefer the averaged monthly payment - else i wouldn't be in credit month after month - which I am comfortable with - else I wold simply request a part refund - which I  would have done if they hadn't reduced my monthly dd after the complaint I raised (handled slowly and rather badly) highlighted the errors in their systems (one of which they do seem to have fixed) Are you not aware DD is always potentially variable? ah well, look it up - but my deal is a supposed to average the payments over a year, and i dont expect them to change payments (up or down) without my informed agreement ESPECIALLY when I'm in credit over winter.   You are happy with your smart meter - jolly for you I dont want one, dont have to have one  - so wont   I have a box that tells me my electricity usage - was free donkeys years ago and shows me everything I need to know just like a smart meter but doesnt need a smart meter,  and i can manually set my charges - so as a side effect - would show me if the charges from the supplier were mismatched. Doesn't tell me if the meters actually calibrated correctly - but neither does your smart meter. That all relies on a label and the competence of the testers - and the competence of any remote fiddling with the settings. You seem happy with that - thats fine. I'm not.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today it's problems reported by a silk firm that's sending jobs to Europe and cargo and charter airlines that are losing business to European airlines because they can't get permits.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/feb/14/as-half-its-sales-are-wiped-out-silk-firm-joins-exodus-to-europe?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/feb/14/uk-airlines-warn-of-job-losses-as-they-lose-business-to-brexit?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Illegitimi non carborundum

Gove now apparently asking the EU to extend the 3 months 'leeway' given to the UK gov re NI - areas that Johnson and Gove refused to agree as part of the withdrawel agreement as 'they would be ready

... until 2023

... while already breaching them ...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-northern-ireland-protocol-maros-sefcovic-b1802873.html

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

They keep trying for options they don't have, don't they?

Europe have been telling the UK to deal with what's there already and put in place what they said they would before wanting to rejig everything. Gove seems to be giving up at the first sign of adversity.

.. its what Johnson has demanded, refusing all alternatives

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

So Boris has brought back David Frost - an unelected bureaucrat - to 'knock some heads together' over the Northern Ireland problem. I can't see the Europeans being too happy about getting a confrontational negotiator back and just when Michael Gove might have started to build a relationship with Maros Sefcovic.

One of the main aims seems to be to get rid of the border in the Irish Sea. Unless I've missed something, the only way to do that is to put a border on the Irish mainland and cause huge problems, or to rejoin the single market and customs union.

Yayyy for transparency

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/feb/19/matt-hancock-acted-unlawfully-failing-publish-covid-contracts-high-court

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/matt-hancock-covid-contract-ruling-b1804667.html

"“If it had admitted to being in breach of the law when we first raised our concerns, it would have never been necessary to take this judicial review to its conclusion. Instead, they chose a path of obfuscation, racking up over £200,000 of legal costs as a result."

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Biden doesn't seem bothered about negotiating a trade treaty to suit the UK government's timetable. I don't suppose they saw this coming, not that the amount of trade involved makes up for what's being lost with Europe anyway.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-boris-johnson-usa-trade-deal-b1807616.html

It takes a long time to agree trade deals because there are so many aspects to consider. 

UK companies trade with US consumers including US Government every day of the year, with the previous trade arrangements still in place.

There is no hurry to agree a new trade deal. It takes thousands of civil servants in both Governments to go into every aspect and they just don't have the people available to do this work.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They've estimated 10 years to agree a trade deal haven't they, UB? I think the Tories believed Trump when he said the UK would be at the front of the queue and have a quick trade deal and thought it would look good as an announcement after Brexit happened. It didn't dawn on them until quite late on that Donald might lose the election.

Why they ever thought US negotiators would do any favours is beyond me and now you see how other countries have asserted themselves over trade deals, the Tories global ambitions are starting to look naive.

• Thanks 1

Atleast 7 years, but they have already done some of the work. I think Liam Fox started this a few years ago.

My guess is that it will take 3 to 4 years before a proper trade deal is signed. There might be a mini trade deal before then limited to a few sectors.

The issue for the Brexit supporters might be when the EU and US sign a trade deal, before there is a UK/US deal. And when this finally happens UK only obtains same deal as EU. There is no reason for US to agree better terms with the UK and they would not do so  because US sees UK as part of Europe.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Well as you're implying, UB, you're going to sign a better trade deal with a large economic bloc than with a small one, aren't you?

I don't think there's any chance of any deal based on a 'special relationship' while Biden's in the White House, but as I said I think Trump would have stitched us up in the end anyway.

No, I think UK will get same deal as EU.  Main reasons for this are two sectors,  Defence and Financial Services.  US have huge levels of money invested in the UK, so they have a self interest in offering a trade deal as good as the EU.

3 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

It takes a long time to agree trade deals because there are so many aspects to consider. 

Like 'alignment' of regulations

The Tory Legacy

"Downing Street is trying to set up a charity that could cover the costs of the refurbishment of Boris Johnson’s flat, which he shares with his fiancee, Carrie Symonds."

"Symonds is understood to have undertaken a substantial redecoration of the flat above No 11 that she shares with Johnson and their baby son, Wilfred. Johnson is known to have joked with Conservative MPs about the cost of the refurbishment."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/02/johnson-trying-to-set-up-charity-that-could-fund-downing-street-flat-revamp

• Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

I haven't seen a cost mentioned, but it seems to be rather extravagant for a redecoration. I don't see why the taxpayer should fund a refurb every time someone new is elected PM and possibly only lasts a couple of years.

Bozo seems to have got the charity idea from his mate Donald.

• Like 1

figures touted include 'over a hundred grand'

"Miss Lytle's fabrics start at £100 a metre" (wallpaper)

and who imagines Princess nut nut or Barney would accept bargain basement ...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

They are for tax evaders and hiding dodgy items in unaccountable inaccessible storage

'tax liabilities vanish just like magick' said a number of tax evading rich people

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Interesting that the major Brexit supporters - fisherman and the DUP - are screaming blue murder that they don't get the benefits of being a member of the EU now they have left the EU as they wished and were actually prime poster plebs for.

What did they expect -

Cake and eat it?

All the benefits, none of the downsides?

No one threatening their place in the single market?

.. as if ...

The Tory Legacy

From the Guardian live news feed at 12.19, PMQs.

Johnson 'says the position of NI in the internal market is “rock solid”. There will be “temporary, operational easings”, in areas like food supplies, to protect Northern Ireland, pending discussions with the EU.

Is this going to be like breaking the law in a limited and specific way? I can't see the EU being thrilled about it.

But thats Johnson whos word means squat. He;s already thrown the DUP under a truck, although the DUP have allies - the ERG

... BUTthe EU cant be expected to ratify an agreement thats already breached/failed in April eh?

and the complete break from the eu would 'smooth Johnson implementation of 'relaxations of UK human rights laws later this year

Of course, just withdrawing doesn't mean they intend to crap all over them does it .. they are just redundant protections that don't need law to protect them because they are safe in Johnsons hands so just get rid of the laws eh?

Like privatisation of the NHS ...

The Tory Legacy

So, in summary  it says that Johnson is an oath breaking liar who either cant see beyond the end of his dick, or doesn't care as long as it can be spun that his problems are more somebody elses problem to solve than his, and who (with the UK dragged along) certainly can't be trusted.

- No surprises there then

More on that:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-finance/eu-says-it-expects-financial-services-deal-with-uk-but-trust-an-issue-idUSKBN2AW0TF?il=0

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/brexit/eu-forced-to-take-legal-action-as-uk-cannot-be-trusted-on-protocol-says-coveney-1.4500990

and the 'loyalist' paramilitary groups stepping up a gear with the DUP rabble rousing

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/04/brexit-northern-ireland-loyalist-armies-renounce-good-friday-agreement

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/brexit/loyalist-paramilitary-groups-withdraw-support-for-belfast-agreement-1.4500982

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-dup-northern-ireland-checks-b1808243.html

Lets not forget that Johnson whipped this 'solution' and spun it as a great deal, marvellous for the UK and that was easy for the UK to implement rejecting all other options

Like sunaks budget,

great for those looking to buy a second property in the spate of evictions that has started,

or corporations that have money squirrelled away in tax havens who might be persuaded to buy up the best bits of failing companies with  25% tax relief

all funded for decades to come by those people and corporations stupid enough to actually pay tax in the UK 

.. all while reducing the NHS budget by 10's of billions and shunting that into the private sector while the NHS, due to covid, has the longest waiting list for very profitable to the private sector operations its ever had

On the human rights issue I mentioned

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/human-rights-act-review-northern-ireland-peace-process-b1809478.html

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Priti Patel reaches £340,000 settlement with ex-Home Office chief Philip Rutnam

"Priti Patel has reached a six-figure settlement with a senior civil servant following claims that he was forced out of his job for intervening in her alleged bullying of fellow staff, it has emerged."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/04/priti-patel-reaches-six-figure-settlement-with-ex-home-office-chief-philip-rutnam

Now Johnson needs to explain how and why he over turned the assessment on her breach of ministerial code

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-rules-priti-patel-did-not-breach-ministerial-code-over-bullying-allegations-12136986

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks