style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The UK's future with Johnson and the ERG:

Tax payer money routed through an American company while UK Customers and companies are left unpaid#

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/jan/26/government-plans-to-turn-england-homes-green-in-chaos-with-debt-and-job-losses

• Sad 1

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-jeremy-corbyn-suspension-court-b1793627.html

Labour attacks Jeremy Corbyn for ‘wasting time and money’ after court defeat over suspension from party

"Party to seek to recover legal costs from its former leader – in new deterioration in relationship"

Hopefully Carbuncle will now just *** off. Fat chance

Perhaps the Labour party should just take a leaf from Corbyns own book and deselect him and force a by-election?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

LOL

as borders jam up and companies leave the UK for the EU, and EU companies stop shipping to the UK:

"“Tomorrow we will formally apply to join #CPTPP,” Ms Truss said in a Twitter statement on Sunday morning. “Membership will help drive an export- led, jobs-led recovery across [the UK] "

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit/brexit-news-latest-live-boris-johnson-eu-today-b1795345.html

The Tory Legacy

If Liz Truss was a surgical appliance she couldn't support  a hernia.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It takes a special sort of deal negotiator to 'swap' the richest biggest developed market in the world 20 some miles away

for a hodgepodge of nations mainly looking to get away with some stuff 5000 miles away

thank god she wasn't a money market trader, she's be trading 50 pound UK taxpayer notes for a private baht.

.. mind you - they are broadly doing that too aren't they .....

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

She doesn't seem to know the difference, TJ. They just want to be in a club where the other nations mainly speak English, as I see it. I'm not sure the ex-colonies in there are going to be keen on the UK telling them what to do.

I was quite surprised that ministers and Brexiteers weren't raging about the EU invoking Article 16 which I though was an embarrassing for the EU to do.

What I didn't know until I read this is that Doris said in January that he wouldn't hesitate to invoke Article 50 himself. That could make it hard to take the moral highground.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/brexit/watch-we-will-have-no-hesitation-in-triggering-article-16-if-necessary-says-boris-johnson-39964412.html

Illegitimi non carborundum

43 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

She doesn't seem to know the difference, TJ. They just want to be in a club where the other nations mainly speak English, as I see it. I'm not sure the ex-colonies in there are going to be keen on the UK telling them what to do.

especially someone with a small market and 5000 mile shipping cost

I was quite surprised that ministers and Brexiteers weren't raging about the EU invoking Article 16 which I though was an embarrassing for the EU to do.

What I didn't know until I read this is that Doris said in January that he wouldn't hesitate to invoke Article 50 himself. That could make it hard to take the moral highground.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/brexit/watch-we-will-have-no-hesitation-in-triggering-article-16-if-necessary-says-boris-johnson-39964412.html

Like the DUP screaming blue murder about the EU when they DEMANDED Johnson do precisely that, and supported his breaching related international agreements and law.

Still stupid of the EU to even suggest it even for less than 24 hours.

,,, and the UK seems to be saying the same as the EU did say

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/31/uk-help-eu-not-affect-vaccine-timetable-liz-truss

"UK will only help EU if it does not affect our vaccine timetable, says Liz Truss"

- so effectively saying no vaccines made in UK will go to EU unless they allow it

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I think that the situation is going to massively deteriorate - lets not forget that the EU has not yet actually confirmed even the thin 'deal'

Already eu-UK is apparently down 40% with 25% of lorries leaving UK empty and many EU companies not delivering to UK due to UK vat registration issues ... So who remembers Johnson lying/claiming VAT is an EU issue?

Banks moving more staff/assets

Tesla building gigafactory in Germany with Nissan selling up a small potential increase in their existing battery 'manufacturing' in the UK - provided the UK-EU trade deal situation doesn't deteriorate (as they use aspects of the Japan-EU trade deal) - and undoubtedly the UK taxpayer will be paying for that - wait for it to come out.

There is no upside

Even the UK o/AZ 'we are keeping our vaccines' stance will backfire

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

David Allen Green's blog today is talking about Theresa May's decision to leave the single market and customs union without consulting the Cabinet [or at least the chancellor] or Parliament. And the consequences.

https://davidallengreen.com/2021/02/how-theresa-may-casually-decided-that-brexit-meant-the-united-kingdom-would-leave-the-single-market-and-customs-union-the-fascinating-and-revealing-interview-with-philip-hammond/

It's quite timely given what's currently happening in NI as well.

She had nowhere to turn, not that I'm sympathetic to her plight she was far too light with the handbag, and far too free with meaningless jargon

Her issues are exactly the same as why Useless liar Johnson is spinning and u-turning like a top .. except she was smarter and more politically aware and competent - despite the failures

and Hammonds views are hardly 'unbiased' despite that I largely agreed with him .. from his limited perspective.

The 'Tory' Party is in the same boat the US Republican party is ... they aren't (Tory or Republican)

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Seems to me that was evident the second Johnson and Gove were allowed to spout their rubbish and lies in their campaign

Confirmed when Gove and Johnson weren't unequivocally consigned to the back benches with their lies trounced

Inescapable when Cameron resigned after his utter twatishness ... at the latest.

absolute pre-defined destiny given Corbyn

... As is Scottish independence and a (probably federal) unified Ireland in the EU

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Problems will come when the UK Government signs up to international agreements that sections of the UK public are against.  Or trade terms allow foreign competition etc, which directly impacts UK businesses and jobs. 

Government previously blamed the EU, when in secret they agreed with the EU and participated in the decision making process.   But following Brexit, the UK Government will be 100% responsible for the  decisions it makes and will find it very difficult to blame outside organisations. 

By the next election in 2024, will there be enough evidence that Brexit has improved life of most UK citizens ?   

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

12 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Problems will come when the UK Government signs up to international agreements that sections of the UK public are against.  Or trade terms allow foreign competition etc, which directly impacts UK businesses and jobs. 

Government previously blamed the EU, when in secret they agreed with the EU and participated in the decision making process.   But following Brexit, the UK Government will be 100% responsible for the  decisions it makes and will find it very difficult to blame outside organisations. 

By the next election in 2024, will there be enough evidence that Brexit has improved life of most UK citizens ?   

Huh?

How has opinion changed anything, Johnson is happy to whip to starve kids.

Since when will Johnson do anything but lie and blame the EU? 'Reason' doesn't enter the fray

That last one .. LOL

I'm not even sure most of the ERG's lives will have been improved let alone ordinary folk.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

All of the Government efforts appear aimed at Northern England voters who voted Tory for the first time  They must think keeping these voters will keep them in power.

Disappointment is bound to be experienced before next election, as Government has racked up large debts. Not sure how they can keep these new voters happy. 

Years away yet

Just rewrite history on the run up to elections

Apparently polls have Johnson recovering on the 'effectiveness' of the vaccine rollout despite continuing record deaths every day.

The Tory Legacy

So Gove has admitted the problems at the borders are permanent and wants concessions extended by the EU. Was this meant to be covered by the transition period which GB refused to extend?

It's looking difficult in Northern Irish and I can see why they might think they've been stitched up by Johnson.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/europe-news/michael-gove-brexit-grace-period-extension-northern-ireland-7301058

• Like 2

Looks like my car has been 'Brexited' off the road.  MOT dues end of March, needs a new part by then or it fails. New part needs to come form EU, none left in stock in the UK. Nobody has a clue when it will be available.

• Sad 1

It's a Volvo, it's quite a rare one too.  The mechanic told me that it's not just Volvo, there were no clutch assembly's left in the UK for a 2013 Fiesta either.  In his words 'This is getting stupid now'.

1 hour ago, honeybee13 said:

So Gove has admitted the problems at the borders are permanent and wants concessions extended by the EU. Was this meant to be covered by the transition period which GB refused to extend?

It's looking difficult in Northern Irish and I can see why they might think they've been stitched up by Johnson.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/europe-news/michael-gove-brexit-grace-period-extension-northern-ireland-7301058

yes they want an extension to the cake and eat it relaxing of rules while they do what they like - including doing sweet fanny adams themselves to address the issue they created.

• Haha 2

The Tory Legacy

David Allen Green is blogging today on how Doris created the border in the Irish sea using Prime Ministerial powers. It's interesting on constitutional stuff IMO.

https://davidallengreen.com/2021/02/four-examples-of-prime-ministerial-power-how-boris-johnson-in-fact-did-everything-he-could-for-there-to-be-a-trade-barrier-down-the-irish-sea/

• Like 2

Johnson took MayBot's mess and made it worse.

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks