style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

9 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

I think there's a difference between obsession and wanting the UK to be well-managed and to get the best possible deal for the economy.

Indeed but at 167 pages of whining, bitching and complaining spanning over 4 years it's self-evidently clear what category some contributors to this thread fall into.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, theoldrouge said:

At least no government of any colour will touch this subject again for decades to come, if ever

ROFL

Deals with the EU is going to be a prime mover for years to come, whatever could make you think otherwise

- it is, soon to be was, was our biggest, most profitable, and soon to be seen as most necessary market for all but the Singapore-on-Thames profiteers.

Thats what you get when you listen to International profiteers lies masquerading as nationalist jingles.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Do try and keep up
It was quite clear I was referencing any lingering hopes you may hold of rejoining the wretched institution

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

1 hour ago, theoldrouge said:

Do try and keep up
It was quite clear I was referencing any lingering hopes you may hold of rejoining the wretched institution

The largest single trading block and largest trader in services in the world - right next door

Whoever would want to pay £188 million a weak in just customs bureaucracy alone rather than be part of it?

Rejoining is going to be looking over your shoulder forever because it makes solid business and social sense

- and when we do rejoin, this experience we are currently suffering will mean it will be a generation at least before anyone without solid self interest reasons  consider leaving again.

Anyway, So which of the demonstrable Brexiter lies are you basing that statement on?

Cost savings ?

- nope quite the opposite - already cost more than the entire cost of being in the EU and as stated above + £188M a week in customs bureaucracy alone, let alone all the businesses fleeing or folding the pound falling and unemployment increasing.

Trade deals across the world larger than the EU?

- nope - no sign of that, quite the opposite,

- even America whether Trump or Biden wins - although they will happily dump crap on us while letting naff all in from the UK

Sovereignty of parliament?

- Nope - just scummy little liars unlawfully proroguing it and breaking UK AND international law and the UK's reputation.

Turkey joining the EU?

- Nope - but they have got a far better deal than no deal

So which lie are you basing that wretched opinion of yours on?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

No response?

We can only assume your outburst of apparent EU prejudice is unreasoned or at least so badly excused it would fall apart at first glance.

We are clearly poles apart given you seem to be a Trump supporter, climate science denier and soundbite brexiter .. for whatever 'reasons,

but perhaps we can agree on something that seems quite basic to me

Perhaps you could tell us whether you signed the petition to feed children in support of Marcus Rashfords campaign?

or are you more in support of Steve Bakers view that it would break the UK economy?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Ah, my wretched opinion
would that be the same opinion that won the referendum?
confirmed in the Euro election
and gave Boris an 80 seat majority to “get Brexit done”?
and who will lead you forward to your rejoin utopia?
Labour’s left? ohno ,they are quite happy we left
The Lib Dims, lets have another referendum? that went well at the last General Election
Twobit political chancers, e.g.  Sir Kier, or Genghis perhaps?
or are you going to wait until wee Nicky takes over the UK
(minus Margaret Ferrier MP, of course, who’s name I don’t see
gets a dishonourable mention anywhere  on your other thread)
sorry for the delay, plenty to do, horses and hounds to look after, pheasants to shoot etc etc ,we are very busy at the moment here in the countryside

• Like 1

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

so in addition to STILL not supporting your opinion with reasoning

... you dont want to tell us your 'opinion on feeding children either

.. it really must be a truly abysmally wretched opinion then eh?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

8 minutes ago, theoldrouge said:

would that be the same opinion that won the referendum?
confirmed in the Euro election
and gave Boris an 80 seat majority to “get Brexit done”?

That's a point that's often forgotten here. Governments are only as good as the so called ''serfs'' who elect them. It's the British public who voted this shower in and they only have themselves to blame. 

Rampantly breaking manifesto pledges to those who vote for them is a Johnson/Far right wing forte - NOT a genuine conservative one.

Thatcher would have righteously handbagged Johnson and kicked him into a corner.

Manchester Young Conservatives have tweeted calling for Boris Johnson to resign for 'l[ying] about helping us in the north'

tweet was quickly deleted...

I did vote for Corbyn out of desperation, but wouldn't again even against Johnson. I think they are both unfit to hold positions of responsibility along with Gove and Duncan Smith among others.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

“He’s not a conservative. He’s got no backbone or genuine deals. He’s incompetent.”

“U-turn after, U-turn, incompetent move after incompetent move,”

for those that want to google it

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

1 hour ago, honeybee13 said:

People in the red wall constituencies seem to be regretting how they voted

I'm sure they are and to be fair to them the alternative (Corbyn) would have been worse. He would have bankrupted the country by now. 

As if Sunak hasn't as well All the parties are equally dire.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

45 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

As if Sunak hasn't as well All the parties are equally dire.

I wouldn't agree with that

Sunak comes across as a 'practical Thatcherite Conservative - undesirable as that is to me as a 'wanders raggedly around the centre liberal' - a considerably lesser evil than either the left or right populists (perhaps Corbyn better described as an un-populist)

- Certainly head shoulders and and nelsons column above the likes of Johnson, Gove, duncan smeghead, Jenrick, patel and Baker let alone smugg, Corbyn, Long bailey or abbott

Would vote for him if it was sunak v corbyn/corbynite as a matter of necessity

but Starmer is showing as a very competent administrator in very difficult circumstances and even starting to show some possible flair .. I'll happily vote for him.

Lib dems seem to have wandered off into the wilderness again after making some genuinely stupid gaffs and miss-'presenting even the non gaffs

The Tory Legacy

Breaking:

MPs have rejected a plan to extend free school meals into the school holidays by 322 votes to 261.

The Labour motion, which was defeated by a majority of 61, would have extended provision of hot food for children until Easter 2021.

Boris Johnson had whipped Tory MPs to vote against the plan

- BUT ANY WITH A SHRED OF DECENCY SHOULD HAVE VOTED AGAINST IT ANYWAY.

happy to give £500 million to serco to fail to gather 250 spits samples a day but will see children go hungry

Utterly unfit to be considered a human being.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/free-school-meals-vote-marcus-rashford-boris-johnson-holidays-b1209118.html

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

STUPID TYPO IN MY ANGER CORRECTED.

Breaking:

MPs have rejected a plan to extend free school meals into the school holidays by 322 votes to 261.

The Labour motion, which was defeated by a majority of 61, would have extended provision of hot food for children until Easter 2021.

Boris Johnson had whipped Tory MPs to vote against the plan

- BUT ANY WITH A SHRED OF DECENCY SHOULD HAVE VOTED FOR IT ANYWAY.

Johnson happy to give £500 million to serco to fail to gather 250 spits samples a day but will see children go hungry

Utterly unfit to be considered a human being.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/free-school-meals-vote-marcus-rashford-boris-johnson-holidays-b1209118.html

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

On 21/10/2020 at 16:51, tobyjugg2 said:

so in addition to STILL not supporting your opinion with reasoning

... you dont want to tell us your 'opinion on feeding children either

.. it really must be a truly abysmally wretched opinion then eh?

So, to deal with your assumptions
Trump supporter? No, just don’t think it is correct to wish an overweight 74 yr old ill when ,at the time ,it was announced he had contacted covid
in fact it would probably be a good thing for America if the president, congress and senate were all represented by the same party.
I do however believe that Americans have a poor choice of candidates for the presidency.
Climate science denier, no again, I dislike nonentity politicians such as Drakeford, who jump on a bandwagon  in order to justify the loss of investment, job opportunities and prosperity
to the people of Wales, by his ridiculous decision regarding the M4 bypass
as for Brexit, well we will have to disagree on that one,
my generation was lied to in the initial referendum, when we were told we were voting for a European Economic Community only
As regards Mr Rashford’s campaign, we can completely agree on that one, utter disgrace that money that can be found for anything else, cannot be found for children meals
Idiotic comments by Steve Baker
In fact someone else also agrees with you (always a first I suppose)
“The government's stance has also been criticised by Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage, who tweeted: "If the government can subsidise Eat Out to Help Out, not being seen to give poor kids lunch in the school holidays looks mean and is wrong."

2 hours ago, theoldrouge said:

As regards Mr Rashford’s campaign, we can completely agree on that one, utter disgrace that money that can be found for anything else, cannot be found for children meals
Idiotic comments by Steve Baker

Pleased we can at least agree on that.

The Tory Legacy

2 hours ago, theoldrouge said:

my generation was lied to in the initial referendum, when we were told we were voting for a European Economic Community only

If thats your driver, you must be bloody furious at the utter cobblers (referred) spun in the leave campaign then.

The Tory Legacy

Seeing as most here  hate Johnson and the Tories who do you suggest we have running the country?

I am not a fan of Johnson but nor do I like the Labour party lol, 

just a general question

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

You've defined 'Johnsons Tory party' (which I see as not Conservative - just a small nastiest part of it),

but what 'labour Party' do you refer snowdragon?

As things stand:

1st Choice: Nicola Sturgeon

2nd Choice: Kier Starmer

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

all Political Parties are as bad as each other, Corbyn was terrible, I do not support and of the parties, all  any of them do is lie!

Johnson is a buffoon, Iol

I do not even ever watch TV, far too depressing

• Like 1

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks