style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm thinking that getting the Chinese to pay for HS2 [and benefit from any profits it manages to make] is a way for the government to avoid forking out £100bn or more for the project.

Along with links with Russia being talked about, this is a concern.

Illegitimi non carborundum

So do the Chinese think they can do it cheaper and faster by walking over workers, environmental and peoples rights as they do in China?

or do they think they can reduce costs by dumping Chinese steel through their 'british' steel company?

or do they perhaps think that they can replace Johnsons choices for running and building?

??

in the meantime this could be interesting:

Sacked aide launches unfair dismissal claim after Dominic Cummings had her frogmarched out of Downing Street

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sonia-khan-sacked-downing-street-dominic-cummings-unfair-dismissal-a9337311.html

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

and amidst mounting pressure from teh US and australia re Huawwei

the US/trans pacific (since when was that next door) deal would seem to be even more feeble than even I thought it was (which wasn't much)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-trade-deals-us-trump-asia-boris-johnson-eu-a9336331.html

"Studies expected to show the UK will gain little from post-Brexit trade deals with the US and the big Asian economies are being suppressed by the government, The Independent can reveal.

Analyses were completed as long ago as 2017 into the probable impact on growth from agreements long hailed as the prize for leaving the EU, but ministers are refusing to release them.

One trade expert said he had little doubt they were being concealed because they would – like independent studies – reveal that significant damage from new trade barriers with the continent will far outweigh the gain from other deals."

"Alan Winters, professor of economics at the University of Sussex, joined with Labour in calling on ministers to reveal what they had been told, saying: “The entire Brexit debate has been conducted in a great fog of obfuscation.”

"The secrecy leaves a November 2018 Treasury document as the only official forecast – putting the GDP gain from deals with the US, Australia and New Zealand at a puny 0.2 per cent."

Now too me than seems to be FAR LESS the the UK benefits we are losing from the EU-Japan deal alone, let alone everything else.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Getting crazier by the day

Lunatic projects

Eugenics

enhancement drugs ...

Like a mix between old steam punk, the wild wild west, and the wrath of khan

The Tory Legacy

They will want to build an Airship next, a R101 A

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The immigration clampdown has started. Reading this, I can't help thinking that employers needing waiting staff, carers and agricultural jobs are going to struggle.

The government don't seem to be listening.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/18/uk-to-close-door-to-non-english-speakers-and-unskilled-workers?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19XZWVrZGF5cy0yMDAyMTk%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTUK_email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK

‘Economically inactive’ Britons could do jobs in sectors where there are shortages under new system,

says Priti Patel

Patel insisted that 20% of available working age people were inactive and could be encouraged into work.

When challenged on this figure, she said that plans to raise the working age to 80 would make them true.

'I saw you at your care home reaching out for some cabbage from your wheelchair at the dinner table - entirely unaided,

... so don't tell me you can't reach out and pick cabbages

says Priti Patel

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/19/immigration-firms-will-need-to-train-more-uk-workers-says-priti-patel

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I heard the answer was 'My parents were persecuted so they would be OK anyway, not like those middle eastern types who are just trying to escape a war and being beheaded or shot, let alone those lazy EU migrant workers who are just after an easy time picking a few cabbages. I mean, thats so easy our disabled and old can do that for their benefits... which they wont need as they will have a job.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I read that Priti's parents arrived through choice from Uganda in the 60s, before Idi Amin threw out Asians in 1972. So they weren't necessarily vulnerable at the time. Someone online asked if Priti was made Home Secretary so they could send her out to justify decisions like this one.

The part about retraining pensioners and sick people is, err, ambitious.

I don't condone death threats to Mps in any way, and think thats abhorrent,

and even if PP did die for whatever reason, I would go to the pub and throw the wake of the century to mourn her passing.

Edited by tobyjugg2
More honest

The Tory Legacy

There are monsters in this world, yet I'm firmly of the opinion that in a world of monsters, she still stands out.

The Tory Legacy

The real burning question is about us as a society. We knew what they would be like but still voted for them to have an unopposed mandate for the next 5 years. Why?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

4 minutes ago, London1971 said:

The real burning question is about us as a society. We knew what they would be like but still voted for them to have an unopposed mandate for the next 5 years. Why?

Not me .... my conscience is clear.  If only all the right wing propaganda hadnt been ingested by a lot of people.

But aside from Brexit people had the opportunity to see Boris & co and what they would be like . Yet still wanted it to happen. We knew it would be a car crash. Yet the country gave it the full go ahead. 

1. Many were sick of getting nowhere

2. Nobody trusted Corbyn to get anywhere they wanted to go

3. In fact, Nobody trusted Corbyn at all - they at least trusted Johnson to be Johnson and be British ,,, even if a shoddy kind of British

The Tory Legacy

1 minute ago, Jase1982 said:

Not me .... my conscience is clear.  If only all the right wing propaganda hadnt been ingested by a lot of people.

No, I disagree people (most people) aren’t stupid. In fact it’s wrong to say they are. They knew damn well what they were getting into, and went for it anyway.

i kind of wish it was because of stupidity, that would be less disturbing.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, London1971 said:

No, I disagree people (most people) aren’t stupid. In fact it’s wrong to say they are. They knew damn well what they were getting into, and went for it anyway.

i kind of wish it was because of stupidity, that would be less disturbing.

I didn't say they were stupid.  It's just almost impossible to tell fact from fiction living in such a hyper normalised world.  Hence why most brexiteers don't believe you when you state a fact to them.. they think facts are the work of fiction and fake news.  Equally, a lot of what is said on the opposite side of the fence sounds like fake news and made up nonsense.  Although, we know for an absolute undeniable fact that brexit was based on lies.  I'm just trying to sound impartial!

Yup, just looking on Twitter sometimes I feel like disconnecting from the Internet. Seeing some of the comments. We can’t put the genie back I. The bottle. BS and fake news is here to stay.

24 minutes ago, Jase1982 said:

If only all the left wing propaganda hadnt been ingested by a lot of people.

Bold is mine, not Jase's

Its not going away just because you refuse to look Jase

You came,

They saw

You were conquered

The people simply and quite clearly did NOT want what Corbnism was selling, and despte the crap Johnson is pouring out, the polls say it would be the same today.

For the sake of the country - GO (only right thing he said)

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

5 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Bold is mine, not Jase's

Its not going away just because you refuse to look Jase

You came,

They saw

You were conquered

The people simply and quite clearly did NOT want what Corbnism was selling, and despte the crap Johnson is pouring out, the polls say it would be the same today.

For the sake of the country - GO (only right thing he said)

I'm not getting into this again... shall we just change it to propaganda in general so as to come together on the issue..

Although I'm at a loss to know what left wing propaganda I fell for to make me vote for Labour.  But I guess that is the point.  Everyone takes a particular point of view

1 minute ago, Jase1982 said:

Although I'm at a loss to know what left wing propaganda I fell for to make me vote for Labour.  But I guess that is the point.

Says the person who self-admittedly NEVER voted Labour before Corbyn

Jase its that head in the sand of the loons who are holding the party to ransom that are the problem.

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks