• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't know anything about it and not chasing stuff based on a link to a 'questionable' site that has side links to natural aphrodisiacs, massage forums in France ... and natural butt toning sneakers ....

(expect my personal review next week)

Care to post a scan of a Tesco or Morrisons or farm foods label buckthorn?

It might say 'bred in our own river farms in Scotland'

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

ah save you the trouble - I did look it up

Youngs (the 200 year old Grimsby fish company) say

"Basa is now farmed in large quantities."

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

So it might well be the crap you state in the US of trump, but it aint here

Well at least until Johnson signs away the EU and UK quality standards and imposes US sub-standards here ....

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I have looked at your link, and just as I said in my post I knew what it was going to say:-

It restated exactly what I had posted that chloride does not eliminate Salmonella or Listeria

it is used as a cleaning agent, the rest of it i.e. 98% was as usual just a load of gobble de gook,

which nobody ever reads. (except possible you?????)

I stated in my post, which I don’t think you bothered to read that Salmonella and Listeria, are

killed off by the cooking process, and that the majority of food poisoning out breaks are caused

by poor hygiene and cross contamination, but to that you failed to answer.

You then went on to ridicule my qualifications. One of my jobs was to inspect catering premises, and write a report on hygiene etc;   

Like every discussion on this forum were you don’t like the other persons point of view, to which you

have no real answer to their post, you go out of your way to ridicule them, and make them out to be thick,

I am sorry for you as I think you are very shallow, try being a bit more civil and less abusive. If you are capable,

(I am afraid it does not wash with me, it just goes right over my head.)

So far King 123 has decided, that there is no point in continuing to post on this site.

I have also decided that this will be my last post.

if you continue with this  sour attitude of yours towards posters the way you talk to labrat he may

do the same, and then you could converse with yourself, best of luck.

Edited by buckthorn

29 minutes ago, buckthorn said:

I have looked at your link, and just as I said in my post I knew what it was going to say:-

It restated exactly what I had posted that chloride does not eliminate Salmonella or Listeria

it is used as a cleaning agent,

Now thats actually what the study I referenced said, and how strange you claim that with both what you say and one of the main takeaways from your link:

"From a food safety perspective, chlorine has been used safely and effectively for many years to quickly kill microorganisms on food surfaces and prevent cross-contamination."

30 minutes ago, buckthorn said:

it is used as a cleaning agent, the rest of it i.e. 98% was as usual just a load of gobble de gook,

which nobody ever reads. (except possible you?????)

Perhaps if you had actually read my link to a detailed scientific study,

or even actually read the link you used rather than just just apparently plonking a link that looked about right from a google search list,

I read all your recent links, (as demonstrated by understanding what they were, quoting from them) actually giving you the benefit of the doubt despite your repeatedly posting crap from dubious sources ( I've not tried the butt toning sneakers yet - have you)

yet you call a quality study from an independent  UK university gobble de gook and state you don't read it

... So who is abusing who ?

Enjoy your bleached chicken.

The Tory Legacy

On 02/02/2020 at 21:30, buckthorn said:

Why would I want to click after all I would suspect that I know more about this subject

than you ever will.You obviously now nothing

as you do

and yes i do look up expert opinion and tests on which to base my opinion and check others opinions

... because I don't claim to already know it all

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

That does seem to be the case HB and lets not forget cummings had Javids senior advisor frogmarched out the door.

The real reason?

Javid, despite being possibly the worst No11 denizen ever, would undoubtedly argue VERY strongly and visibly about the reckless and unsupportable spending spree Johnson will embark on in the budget

,, undoubtedly the replacement won't.

Perhaps just as telling is the firing of the very well thought of, capable and committed Julian Smith

,, doesn't bode well for any of Ireland in Johnsons UK

Although its likely Johnson has already written the whole of Ireland off now he doesn't need the DUP, and knowing what he knows he's going to do ...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Cummings is a danger, he has too much influence.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I agree with you, it's depressing if we end up with a cabinet of puppets.

Some journos also think that No 10 want to run more than just the Treasury. We could end up with the country being run by a group of spads in Downing Street.

You can see the attraction to Bozo of this crazy plan, he can leave the new unit to do all the work and swan off to do something else. Wasn't he pretty hands off when he was mayor?

1 minute ago, brassnecked said:

Cummings is a danger, he has too much influence.

Way too much. And he's unelected.

Illegitimi non carborundum

What was it Nicola Sturgeon said about Johnson and bridge building (when asked about the bridge to Ireland over the megaton trench)?

Something like 'well he's started a few, but he's never completed any has he

So expect a raft of expensive projects, none of which will be cost effective, legitimately justifiable, beneficial to more than a few, or ever completed.

prediction:

The Torys will never be able to accuse labour of loose purse strings ever again without getting a massive comeback.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

A couple popped straight up

Four London infrastructure projects that unravelled in 2019

https://www.cityam.com/2019-was-a-bumper-year-for-londons-failing-infrastructure-projects/

of course, HS2 is already there ...

The Tory Legacy

and how could we forget the water cannon

Three Johnson projects ended in failure at a cost of more than £57.5m:

the Garden Bridge;

the purchase of water cannon;

and the Thames estuary airport.

Five others:

the new Routemaster bus;

hire bikes;

the Emirates Air Line cable car;

the conversion of the Olympic stadium

and the ArcelorMittal Orbit helter-skelter,

all did go ahead at a combined cost of more than £900m. They have run into problems after turning out to be far more expensive than promised.

The former Labour minister Margaret Hodge, whose review of the Garden Bridge project led to its abandonment, said she was shocked at how “irresponsible” Johnson was with public money.

But during her review she was also struck by the lack of scrutiny of his profligate spending decisions when mayor. (Javid must have missed that warning)

“I kept thinking how the hell was he allowed to get away with this,” Hodge told the Guardian.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

16 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

You can see the attraction to Bozo of this crazy plan, he can leave the new unit to do all the work and swan off to do something else. Wasn't he pretty hands off when he was mayor?

Way too much. And he's unelected.

He'll probably spend his time accepting £15000 free holidays from Tory donors as he did over Christmas.  How anyone can be happy with these fools is beyond me.  I'd get fired if I openly took a £15000 free gift.  But then again, we have left the EU, and the bribery laws must be ones brexiteers want to get rid of 😆

• Haha 1

Heres one of the water cannon he bought back from the scrap yard for a bargain £2M yesterday, being used to chase off the sacked cabinet members and their staff

Thats Dominic driving, Boris got caught up in the crowd ...

water cannon.jpg

Thats Dominic driving, Boris 'accidentally got caught up in the crowd ..

v2-boris-johnson.jpg

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

8 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Some analysts are thinking that Javid going means Demonic will get more money for projects to try and please voters who need to be 'levelled up'.

Thats a possible interpretation, but I think its getting crap in the 'budget' that looks good and  can be spun up as 'whatever' without any proper  costing.

Headlines today, expensive waste bin or even more expensive continuation tomorrow - just like all his projects

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Let me offer some assessment and speculation

HS2 was possibly justifiable as an extension of the EU transport backbone with development of the Birmingham region as a major hub.

That aint going to happen now, if it ever was.

Other than that it was really only ever a convenience for London as a major financial hub and for a bit faster transit of luxury goods and rich people to a rich international capital and financial hub, at the whole nations expense.

The addition of 'Northern Powerhouse' extensions and links was always smoke and mirrors.

With the EU not giving the UK passporting rights given the stated policies of Johnson, London will become a much reduced Singapore on Thames with tax haven ports etc and concentrating a far smaller amount of money into a FAR smaller number of people,

Take a look at the collapsing house prices in London and the booms elsewhere as people leave.

Without a solid manufacturing base (as Germany maintained) the UK will struggle to fund let alone properly use anything like the projected HS2 and stupid vanity projects will make a few rich, and bankrupt the nation.

These are NOT the sort of projects that justify loans, let alone generate money to pay off those loans, even at historic low lending costs

Unlike the tidal lagoon which does and would.

Projects like HS2 just pump generations of Tax payers money into a failing economy and make it look good for a short while - then they become financial disasters.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

The Tory Legacy

and deporting people who have lived and worked their whole lives here ...

The Tory Legacy

So much for HS2 being a boon to British industry

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/14/uk-holds-preliminary-discussions-with-china-over-building-hs2

Don't forget who's taking over 'british Steel

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks