• Tweets

• Hey @lookinforinfo I'm not sure, I don't believe he told them he's the driver. He must have selected an option saying that he's appealing on behalf of the driver or something of the sort. In more news, however, these wannabe thugs are back at it again. Honestly, what a joke. In the letter they sent before this it said they had made "2 attempts" and in this letter they said "4 attempts", I wonder what happened to the "3rd attempt" lol.  WhatsApp Image 2024-04-18 at 14.06.07_44abc9c8.pdf
    • Hi all, I purchased a car in January from Big Motoring World Leeds. At the time of sale I was shown a tab on the salespersons computer marked 'service history' and I was able to take comfort knowing that the car had been serviced on 3 occasions as the date, mileage and company was there on screen. Being a 3 and a bit year old car that, in my mind, constituted full service history 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, collected the car a week later. Once home I settled down to through the book pack etc. Opened the service history booklet and it was completely blank. In addition there were no invoices detailing that any services had been done. I duly contacted BMW and asked them to supply me with proof of service history. They responded saying that on their 'vehicle documentation checklist' I had ticked and then signed to the fact that I had seen the service history and that I was happy with it. I dug out this checklist and what it actually states is 'seen service history online' which I had in the showroom. BMW seem to think that this satisfies their responsibility in providing service history. The reality is that I don't have any proof that the vehicle has ever been serviced! For my own peace of mind I ended up paying for a service that satisfied the manufacturers maintenance schedule to the tune of £330. I even complained to the finance company that the vehicle contravenes the Sale of Goods act 2015 as l, in effect, ot is not as described. Amazingly they weren't interested and instead I just got an email stating that it's not illegal to sell a vehicle without service history and that servicing costs were part and parcel of vehicle ownership. I've since complained to the ombudsman and am awaiting to see if they can help. I have no issue with the car but the treatment and customer service has been the worst I've ever experienced. I don't really know what to do next as I really do feel aggrieved that I've had to pay to service a car that should have already been serviced. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? 🙏
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a page back HB

As Bloomberg Economics reports

Brexit cost for UK will soar to $260 billion this year: study

"The UK's December election brought new certainty around Brexit's completion, but the event will grow most expensive in 2020, according to new research from Bloomberg Economics.

The study by UK economist Dan Hanson found Brexit has already cost the nation roughly 130 billion pounds ($170 billion), and estimates Prime Minister Boris Johnson's expedited exit from the EU will add another 70 billion pounds ($91 billion) by the end of 2020."

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/brexit-cost-reach-billions-highest-boris-johnson-uk-economic-study-2020-1-1028809389

Boris' new Bus:

1310358786_brexitcost.jpg.e803a80e89ebf40ed7fc1655195586db.jpg

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Problem is that Bloomberg Economics are experts. To a hard core, rabid brexiteer any thing that they say must be wrong.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They would rather believe the ludicrous dodgy research of the ERGs Shanker Singham, commonly referrerd to as 'Ol Snake Oil, rather than Bloomberg.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It’s so polarised right now people just believe what they want to believe.

Common sense and a proper look at what's what in reality has gone down the pan.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Theres the Bloomberg report, Standard and Poors analysis, The bank of Englands Report

.. not one of which estimates the cost at less than the 180-250M a week it roughly costs depending on whats included.

The higher realistic end is just short of 900M a week from the bank of England.

The 250m a week estimates come from the ERG's estimates before they shut up when those estimates were trounced. as demonstrably  ridiculously low

That Bloomberg amount is pretty middle of the road, and is roughly what I've been seeing as only disputable by extreme zealots - it could be FAR more.

So putting that in perspective, if there is no further damage to the economy, and no further loss/reduction in business/growth, and adding in a small amount of interest on that loss (money has to come from somewhere and we are already further in debt than we have ever been)

- it will be in the order of 50 odd years before we even break even .....

Of course, Rees-Moggs entirely unsupported middle finger in the air estimates of about 2050 when we will see some benefits would effectively require a MASSIVE boost to the UK;s 'profitability'

- although no-one seems to be able to define any sources for that profitability other than perhaps connecting the climate destroying hot air coming out of Rees-Moggs gob directly to a wind and steam power station.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

Shankar Singham is providing the info for the Beadle's hot air

I thought it was just a hot air pump to turbo the wind and stream ...

Not seen any actual info,

think I did see some empty sound bites like '20% growth from worldwide trade bigger than the EU and all the benefits of the EU (thats not going to happen)

.. and hows those trade deals going?

We aren't even rolling over the ones we've got

:-/

The Tory Legacy

The big issue with trade deals is that the other parties are more interested in how trading with the UK will impact their far more important trade with the EU

... and they wont risk the EU trade.

... and thats NOT that the EU are playing that, its simply that EU regs require standards and it seems certain that the UK will not meet those standards and other parties want to see what extra checks/costs will be involved before they agree/what they agree with the far smaller UK.

The Tory Legacy

clarification

want to see what extra checks/costs for their EU trade will be involved before they agree/what they agree with the far smaller UK.

The Tory Legacy

25 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

I read earlier, don't ask me where, that the EU is preparing to give us a worse deal than Japan or Canada because we're on their doorstep.

And if we allow the US to dictate our food standards, that trade with the EU is really going to suffer.

I think that second point is the real issue HB

The US trade deal priorities from the US side include not identifying where food comes from to avoid any 'discrimination' against US goods, ... not only based on growth hormone, anti-biotic and bleach content

... of course the EU requires origin and details

We could easily end up with a worse deal than Turkey - worse wto terms too, as Turkey already has add-on deals to their WTO trading

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Lets give an example

The US wants no labelling to prevent discrimination - key negotiation goal (its in the leaked papers)

Three potential ways:

Just nothing on US goods

Nothing on any goods

Only goods destined to certain parties (EU, Canada for example) labelled

Smart chap decides to grow organic bananas in an under developed region.

Discovered he can get paid for moving human faeces from a shanty town, especially given the cholera and aids outbreaks, and that his banana trees thrive on it - they love all the moisture too ... although they are a little on the small and bent side

Signs a deal with a US import/export company based in Panama to ship the bananas simply labelled as 'organic grown bananas', who routes the ship through a US port

- note the stripping down of US FDA powers and funding under trump - not that they would be bothered - they aren't entering the US.

They are then shipped to the UK from the US with no origin, sold by the US arm of the import/export business

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Its what origin and eu bar codes and quality are all about. Knowing what you are buying.

No method is foolproof (the horsemeat scandal)

but no labelling/labelling not worth the paper its written on - means you have no idea what you are getting.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

and try getting detail from a US company

... make getting a dangerous driver who killed someone seem easy ...

There would be no tracing it like was successfully done in the EU

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Some might say thats an extreme example?

Well

As the goods would not actually be entering the US, the US FDA would not be interested even if their reducing remit allowed it,

... but EVEN if they did

Totally Disgusting Things the FDA Allows In Your Food

Insect Eggs and Maggots

Canned mushrooms are a good place to find maggots.
If there are "over 20 or more maggots of any size per 100 grams of drained mushrooms" or "five or more maggots two millimeters or longer per 100 grams," the FDA will pay attention. Otherwise, eat up.

Mold and Rot

What says wholesome goodness like apple pie, apple sauce and apple butter?
But apples get moldy, and the FDA will have something to say to the producer if the "average of mold count is 12 percent or more."

Rodent Hair

Is there mouse fur in your peanut butter? Insect parts? Could be.

The FDA says peanut butter can have no more than an average of one rodent hair per 100 grams.

Cigarette Butts

The FDA says food products can contain a certain amount of "foreign matter," a term that includes cigarette butts for that special smoky flavor.

Animal Faeces

What could smell more heavenly than cinnamon bark, bay leaves and cocoa beans?
The fact that the FDA allows a smidge of "mammalian excreta" to end up in the mix doesn't seem to affect the aroma at all. Does it?
Don't worry - the bananas were at the other end of the tree

Fruit Flies and Their Maggots

Fruit flies love tomato sauce so much they lay their eggs in it. But the FDA has its limits, allowing no more than 15 or more fruit fly eggs and one or more maggots per 100 grams of sauce.

Thrips

Thrips are slender, winged insects, also known as thunderflies and thunderblights. Among their favorite foods are asparagus and the hops used to make beer. If too many thrips show up on asparagus - 40 or more per 100 grams - the FDA may take action. Otherwise, enjoy.

Parasites

The FDA says it's okay for fish to contain parasitic cysts like this one. In the case of fresh water herring, the limit is 60 parasitic cysts per 100 fish.

Insect Faeces

Bugs love spices. They feed on spices, poop in spices - and even leave their body parts behind after they die. The FDA allows up to 325 insect fragments per 10 grams of ground thyme, Including cockroach faeces

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/11-totally-disgusting-things-the-fda-allows-in-your-food/

but of course, if it aint entering the US of A, its not their problem to hold them to those high standards ....

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

How the hell do they even regulate against those sort of numbers, or am I just being naive... It's not like anyone will sit there counting the food in and confirming the number of allowed deformities 😕

Or are these FDA regulations there so that they can spend absolutely nothing on any meaningful standards and regulations ...

yes ....

The Tory Legacy

and back to HS2

(40 or so) Tory MPs urge PM to deliver 'long overdue' HS2 in joint letter

despite costs apparently spiralling to £106bn, arguing it will be a “key engine for growth that we must not waver from”.

What growth would that be?

“Abandoning the project would leave the north reliant on aged Victorian infrastructure,” the MPs warn in the letter

Seems to me that apart from SOME of the bits hs2 will run through, everywhere else will not only be left on the 'aged Victorian infrastructure', HS2 will have stolen the money and more that would be far better spent of the infrastructure of the region, rather than small select bits of it.

How about spending far less than the seven billion plus pounds already spent on it putting network infrastructure backbone between the points enabling fast reliable  green clean efficient cost effective electronic communication between those points,

and even just the rest of the original 56 billion on upgrading/renovating/repairing the transport infrastructure for local movement of people and goods?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Now this is what you call an infrastructure project

- But of course its not directly benefiting loondon is it?

>530GWh

Reliable net power output every year, for 120 years

Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon will be the world’s first tidal lagoon power plant.

A tidal lagoon is a ‘U’ shaped breakwater, built out from the coast which has a bank of hydro turbines in it. Water fills up and empties the man-made lagoon as the tides rise and fall. We generate electricity on both the incoming and outgoing tides, four times a day, every day.

Due to the incredible tides on the West Coast of Britain, by keeping the turbine gates shut for just three hours, there is already a 4m height difference in water between the inside and the outside of the lagoon. Power is then generated as the water rushes through 60m long draft tubes, rotating the 7.2m diameter hydro turbines.

The project was awarded a Development Consent Order in 2015 and is primed for construction. It will comprise 16 hydro turbines, a 9.5km breakwater wall, generating electricity for 155,000 homes for the next 120 years. Its major delivery partners include Atkins, General Electric, Andritz Hydro, Laing O’Rourke and Alun Griffiths Ltd.

http://www.tidallagoonpower.com/projects/swansea-bay/key-statistics/

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

and if you have to dig holes in the ground

https://www.edengeothermal.com/about/project-programme/

1450200144_Screenshot-2020-1-22TheprojectEdenGeothermal.thumb.png.43eada52f2364eb119389b7b8613f82e.png

Fabulous place. Been there a few times.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

HS2 was part of an EU designed link going back to the days of Jaques Delors  An article from 2012 in the Torygraph by the late Christopher Booker is worth a read.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/9015342/The-continent-is-the-final-destination-for-HS2.html

• Thanks 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks