style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

5 hours ago, unsettledchimp said:

Money at the level of Nations is difficult to comprehend.  For the majority of people the only basis of comparison is the ongoing and outgoing of their own bank account.  They equate personal debt with national debt.  I think Boris Johnson is an individual who encourages that thinking.  If you're explaining, you're losing. 

For those of us old enough to remember , Thatcher ran the same sort of narrative, likening the states finances with those of a housewife (now there is an outdated term). She claimed it was all about having more coming in than going out. Of course it was in her time that the Balance of payments stopped being roughly 0 and now in Q1 of 2019 it is almost as bad as it has ever been,

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

and for those that ever doubted it,

Here's the confirmation of the brexiters low tax for the rich, low regulation for the rich tax haven Brexit UK

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-truss/britain-will-be-low-tax-after-brexit-says-trade-minister-truss-idUKKBN1WE0IH

Given that the Tories are throwing money around to buy an election result, and I'm sure no-one doubts that those  'low tax' pledges are to the wealthy:

" The government’s fiscal rules stipulate that borrowing in 2020-21 should be below 2% of national output after taking into account the state of the economy. Achieving that would require either spending cuts or tax increases amounting to 0.5% of gross domestic product – about £10bn. "

So in a 'low tax' environment, with collapsed manufacturing -  who do we think is going to foot the bill in one way or another for that 10bn?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/24/tories-increase-borrowing-by-28-as-possible-election-looms?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

1. 5 posts check

2 . Every one about Brexit check

3. Key word used Lefty check.

All you need to to is mention 17.4 million and will of the people and your chance of being a troll goes from 90% to 100%

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I think they're preparing to spend their way out of a recession.  It's true the deficit has gone down, but overall debt has increased.  It should be clear that this money will have to come from somewhere (if indeed they carry through with any of these promises, because I've seen some suggestions that 40 new hospitals is an exaggeration).  Other things just don't add up.. if Labour had made these spending promises there would be cry's of where is this money coming from etc

Has anyone else seen the latest posts that are doing the rounds on facebook?  They claim that the ruling by the Supreme Court that Boris Johnson's prorogation of parliament was unlawful, was largely based on European laws (so those nasty Europeans again telling us what to do).  Also, the MP's that brought forward the court case, as well as the BENN act were in collusion with French authorities.. An investigation is apparently underway investigating Hillary Benn etc for collusion with France.... although surely if you had a brain cell you'd have to question exactly what they're being investigated for....?  IF they were indeed being investigated.

They only have to look up the EU notices to stakeholders to see what is reality.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

They can guage how prepared the EU is and what areas need looking at by perusingthese Notices, then a little research and cross referencing would help them see what's what

https://ec.europa.eu/info/brexit/brexit-preparedness_en

https://ec.europa.eu/info/brexit/brexit-preparedness/preparedness-notices_en

They also misunderstand Article 50 as it's EU law, the Benn Act cannot be used to force the EU to grant any extension that Boris is forced to ask for.

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Latest backstop replacement idea is customs centres away from border, which presumably will be declined by Ireland.

And Boris is telling EU leaders not to extend Article 50. 

PM Corbyn or PM Another by end of October seems likely !

Brian Rix would have written a superb farce around the Brexit shenanigans.  The EU leaders are under no obligation to grant any extension whomsoever asks them, the Benn Act is not compelling on the EU, being UK Law which is Subservient and inferior to EU law. We need the whole lot of them kicked out.

This is so stupid but Boris knows the brexiteers will believe it all.  Physical infrastructure on the border has never been an option and won't be accepted.  So, he's producing anything regardless of it's viability, so that it appears he's come up with something new.  When it gets rejected he can continue to lament the opposition for thwarting brexit.

Absolutely HB, he, the ERG colleagues  and the Beadle must have hedge fund money riding in creaming off post Brexit bankruptcies.  Of course the beadle is too clever to get his hands too dirty so Boris is being set up as patsy to blame for the aftermath of No Deal.

1 hour ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Latest backstop replacement idea is customs centres away from border, which presumably will be declined by Ireland.

And Boris is telling EU leaders not to extend Article 50. 

PM Corbyn or PM Another by end of October seems likely !

I'm not fully ofay with the details surrounding the Benn act,

but heres what i believe is one of johnson plans

Send an official notification requesting an extension, which the EU are certain would result in a general election and/or new referendum - so would grant (for many reasons - but mostly NOT interfering in national democratic process despite what the extreme right wing might claim)

Then send some sort of official notice that we don't want it/reject it - which the EU will be bound by - unlike some 'note saying 'we don't want it' - which is unlikely to be actioned by the EU.

Would Johnson send the note then just say we are leaving anyway and that he refuses the extension ... absolutely

but does the Benn bill allow that?

In the meantime of course working hard to make the UK as incompatible with basic EU prime goals and requirements as possible.

.. his Turkey like government :-/ is the thing most likely to be incompatible. far more than any abusive 'note'.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Would Johnson send the note then just say we are leaving anyway and that he refuses the extension ... absolutely

The people who wrote the Benn Act say that would be against the spirit of the Act and the law, I think. I read something yesterday but can't remember the detail now.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Benn bill requires PM to ask for an extension.

EU watch UK Parliament carefully. The Benn bill contains the request letter and therefore that is the legal requirement for this extension request. Any other letter a PM wants to send is irrelevant.

Lets present one of the issues that occurred to me which may not require Johnson to send any 'extra note - but that refusal of granted extension still needs addressing

Some EU member states have indicated they would resist any further extensions without good reason

Although UK parliament has SAID it will no confidence Johnson AFTER the extension,

There is no guarantee of that, or that it would succeed - as things stand

So Johnson sends a note that just says:

Hated enemies of free enterprise, financial criminality and profiteering,

As required by UK law, I am requesting an extension.

Up yours with brass nobs on

the Father of Lies esq.

All the nasty right wing rhetoric would be largely meaningless to the EU,

but that there was no defined purpose to the extension could be.

The Tory Legacy

3 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

The people who wrote the Benn Act say that would be against the spirit of the Act and the law,

O.O

Don't think he would understand the concept of 'spirit of the law' as being anything other than a boon for him to take advantage of.

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks