• Tweets

• Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
    • Please provide advice on the following situation: I rented out my property to four students for 16 months until March 2024. Initially, the property was in very good condition, but now it needs extensive renovation. This includes redoing the bathroom, replacing the kitchen, removing wallpaper, and redecorating due to significant mold growth. The tenants also left their furniture on the grass, which is owned by the local authority. As a landlord, I've met all legal requirements. It seems the damage was caused by poor ventilation—windows were always closed, and heating wasn't used. There was also a bathroom leak fixed by reapplying silicone. I tried to claim insurance, but it was denied, citing tenant behavior as the cause by looking at the photos, which isn't covered. The deposit barely covers the repair costs, or else I'll have to pursue money claims, which I've never done before and am unsure about its legal complications or costs. Any thoughts on this?
    • The part in question was bought direct from Hotpoint (to replace a burnt door interlock and melted wiring). I'm unsure of the original retailer the machine was bought from, we're talking 5 years+ ago, but I can find out if absolutely necessary. It's one of the models that was listed on the recall list, but Hotpoint have stated for many years it wasn't an affected unit when given the serial number - I expect this is why they offered a FoC engineer visit because I sent them pictures of the (new ) burned door interlock.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A lot of people said before this that Boris will abandon anyone if it means it helps his own position.

If I were Cummings I'd be concerned about my position, but maybe he has a wizard wheeze to ignore what's happened. Downing Street seem to be taking their time to reply about the Supreme Court decision. How do you defend the indefensible?

Illegitimi non carborundum

So how can a PM who has been ruled to have 'misled' the queen in ordering the prorogation of Parliament, possibly represent parliament or lead the country?

.. or be allowed to 'advise' the queen again?

How do the treason laws actually read nowadays?

“The decision to advise Her Majesty to prorogue parliament was unlawful because it had the effect of frustrating or preventing the ability of parliament to carry out its constitutional functions without reasonable justification,” Supreme Court President Brenda Hale

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

If this goes well :-) Johnson might be wishing he had served a short jail term for abuse of office rather than the courts refusing to allow it for (IMO) unsupportable reasons.

That would at least have made him a martyr to the right wing jihadist fanatics,

... rather than just a lying (as judged) failure to them

..... and a lying (as judged) traitor (as implied) to the queen and the rest of us mere mortals...

I propose 'Father of Lies' as his new official 'honorific

.. as used unchallenged in the Supreme Court

Father of Lies, Deceiver of Her Majesty, All round A***Hole being the full title.

Edited by tobyjugg2

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

In a WWE voice:

Introducing ...

Abuser of Schoolchildren and Parliament

Lord of Misrule

Deceiver of the Queen

Reducer of human rights

Destroyer of England's Green and Pleasant Land

Defender of Money lenders

The KowTower of Trump

The Father of Lies Himself : Bore IS Johnson

The Tory Legacy

Quote from Johnson was that he will respect the courts decision but that he "doesn't think it was the right decision" .. is this possibly after determining the only possible next move would be an armed coup?  When will this man apologise

Edited by Jase1982

I think Cummings is going to take the hit for this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I can imagine the conversations

Johnson to Cummings:

Well surely you don't expect me to take the blame. Don't worry I promise I'll see you do well out of your resignation ...

as long as you keep your mouth shut

You know you can trust me

Gove to Cummings:

You know what a liar he is. I'll see you right if you manage to get rid of him.

You know you can trust me.

Penny Mordaunt to Cummings:

I'll make you ambassador to Turkey and you'll have a good safe job with an EU member there

You know you can trust me

Pritti Patel to Cummings:

I'll have your passport revoked and deport you to a Syrian refugee camp if you don't do as I say.

You know you can trust me to do it.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Haha 1

The Tory Legacy

Steve Swinford in the Telegraph [paywall] has been told that the government is expected to table a motion for a short recess for their conference next week and are working on the assumption that it will pass.

Interesting, they've left parliament in limbo unnecessarily for three weeks and don't have a majority, I wonder how they think they'll get this one through.

Illegitimi non carborundum

They really are a bit thick, that's why.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Odds are now 10/11 for Boris to be gone by the end of 2019,

It was 7/2 a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure, but even if he were to win a general election somehow, he's gone and pissed off more than half the country already. It won't end well

Depends what happens tomorrow I guess.  What do we think opposition MP's will do as a strategy?  Jeremy Corbyn is still struggling to unite the opposition parties towards one clear goal, and we could end up stuck in another Westminster loop where the PM has to do "something".. whatever that something is.  Because would a no confidence vote carry the numbers.  MP's are unlikely to vote for a general election just yet, so it looks to me as though we'll have yet more days and weeks of Boris telling us all we're leaving on the 31st and a deal is right around the corner.  In the meantime opposition MP's will continue to harangue the government until we get up to that magical point where reality hits Westminster- there is no better deal than being in the EU, and oh bugger, we'd better ask the EU for yet another extension.  Boris ends up with egg on his face, but still comes out smiling because he can blame other MP's for thwarting brexit... there are still a lot of poor saps who actually support the silencing of parliament just to leave... no matter what leave looks like, or what it costs us.  Its akin to siding with the mugger as he beats your partner senseless and steals all your possessions.

• Like 1

They will let Boris sweat it out and dig himself deeper into a corner.  

They won't do a VONC.  Boris is doing quite enough damage to himself, without any help. They want him to be seen grovelling to the EU for an extension, so that the Brexit party destroy him.

26 minutes ago, London1971 said:

They won't do a VONC.  Boris is doing quite enough damage to himself, without any help. They want him to be seen grovelling to the EU for an extension, so that the Brexit party destroy him.

Troubling times indeed.   If we're not careful (and I think this is why Labour are playing it particularly safe) we could end up with the Brexit party winning 30 odd seats at the next general election.

I know a lot of people will find this uncomfortable but the best and only solution would be a Labour government followed by a second referendum based on a range of choices, with perhaps some kind of alternative voting system.  I can't see any route forward with the Tories and any other solution involving a temporary government led by the two parents of the house is a fantasy... the only thing to move it past this stage would be for boris to resign, and following that anything after would require a vote - labour still hold the power, despite the misgivings over Corbyn.

Corbyn is looking to be the slightly lesser of two evils when it comes to comparison against Johnson or any of his likely successors,

but only just.

Corbyn is at least as sly and deceitful as Johnson, and would do everything in his power to remain in power - no matter the cost to others - just like Johnson.

He will also promote his own agendas, no matter the cost to anyone else.

Do we really want more of the same? Which is all Corbyn really actually offers.

Continued uncertainty, claims of negotiating a new deal then maybe something offered to us to vote on - unless he claims that voting him in was a carte blanche - as I'm sure he would,

and our futures in the hands of a confirmed Brexiter and demagogue?

Johnson is only a Brexiter of convenience and he's bad enough.

We need both the so called main parties destroyed, and if that means some Brexiter Mp's then so be it . Its a valid voice as long as they do the real MP ework for their constituents - which is unlikely.

The Tory Legacy

3 hours ago, Jase1982 said:

we could end up with the Brexit party winning 30 odd seats at the next general election.

BXP need a huge % of the vote to even get 1 MP in our screwed up electoral system.  I think it's around 21% but you should check on Electoral Calculus.  The reason for this, is that they will come second in a lot of constituencies, as did UKIP in 2015.  If in the unlikely event of them reaching that number,  the Labour Party would be the largest party and would be looking to go into Coalition with the Lib Dems / SNP.

I think it a damning condemnation of our political system and the way we vote that its only Corbyn making Johnson look like anything other than an unthinkable abomination as a PM (since he got in)

and its only Johnson making Corbyn look a possibility.

If there were a moderate Tory in the hot seat, they would be solidly in power, and if there was a moderate labour member in their hot seat, the Tories would never have been further from power.

We should all take that and vote libdem ... or Brexit party if you are that way inclined.

Scots should unquestionably vote SNP now the competent Tory has resigned.

The Tory Legacy

53 minutes ago, London1971 said:

BXP need a huge % of the vote to even get 1 MP in our screwed up electoral system.  I think it's around 21% but you should check on Electoral Calculus.  The reason for this, is that they will come second in a lot of constituencies, as did UKIP in 2015.  If in the unlikely event of them reaching that number,  the Labour Party would be the largest party and would be looking to go into Coalition with the Lib Dems / SNP.

How many brexit MEP's did they win in the Euros?  29 MEP's from nothing, and voter turnout will be higher for a general election.

The arithmetic could be interesting if the Brexit party did make huge gains.  This election will come solely down to brexit, which all parties know... hence why the lib dems have come out and committed to a full revoke because they can basically say anything they like.  Labour have committed to a neutral position hoping to keep everyone happy whilst burying several extreme policies in plain sight hoping that they can do enough to win power and carry through a number of extreme policies that wouldn't win them an election under normal circumstances, and the Tories as we know will campaign on a platform of leave.

It could come down to a Tory/Brexit Party coalition if the vast majority of leavers vote for either party.  Something which suits Johnson and the Tories as it would be easier to come up with a confidence and supply deal with the Brexit party.  That's probably why Jobnson doesn't look too fazed, and I'll happily admit I was wrong about there not being the possibility of a deal between  farage and johnson.  I now think that is what he wants, and the opposition parties have done well to avoid an election just yet.

Edited by Jase1982

How many True Blue Tories would jump ship?

Not a majority by any means, but they do tend to have more guts (and other sources of income) than the labour MPs

It would only take the libdems to get a few good results - shame there aren't a few more by-elections due - but give corbyn a chance to drive that with de selection threats

Could start a significant stampede.

The libdems are also a relatively safe haven where jumpers could potentially return to their folds should it become appropriate as they would not have gone over to 'the enemy'.

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks