• Tweets

• I see the poops are still trying to deflect from their own criminality and and abuses by whinging on about raynors buying her council house - now about election registration - anyone who owns a flat or house understands that you dont give up your and your childrens home just because of a new relationship and while we are on about that ..   lets start with When is jenrick being revisited for both lockdown abuses and self admitted (claims estate is his main home - not the property in his electorate or his london property) 'possible (lol) electoral registration abuses as he claimed he was at his estate 'main home' away from both London and his electoral 'home'  - much of which paid for by the taxpayer     Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick 'breaks lockdown rules twice' by going to 'second home' - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Key Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drove 150 miles to his 'second home' after urging the nation to remain in their homes in a bid to...   ... perhaps follow with more self admitted lobbying while in a potion where they shouldn't “A few of us in parliament have lobbied the government – and with the help of the Treasury select committee, the chancellor has listened,” John Baron wrote.   Tory MP faces lobbying questions over Treasury committee role | Investing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Co-owner of investment management firm called for ‘urgent’ post-Brexit changes to City rules at committee meetings     About time labour got in the game and started pressing for these self admitted/bragged Tory abuses were properly investigates.
    • No I didn't I got the dates mixed up.   
    • Sorry about that, TJ. The person who posted it specifically said it was free access. Here's another version of the FT article. https://archive.is/KYrPa
    • Isnt there some indication in there of at least intent to inform arbuthnot? IF he wasn't then it would seem to be Vennells decision to keep him 'uninformed .. Although seems to me if arbuthnot was unaware - he was either incompetent or should have very detailed records of denials. Seems vennells is constantly at the core of all the lying about all these issues though.
    • Paywalled/subscribe HB I'm unaware of the details on this HB but why is it a potential taxpayer burden? Hasn't a judge already ruled port has rights of access - so shouldn't costs be on the private company (South Tees Development Corporation) trying to change established access?     LIVE: High Court updates as CEO gives evidence in access rights row between STDC and PD Ports - Teesside Live WWW.GAZETTELIVE.CO.UK The face-off between the Teesport operator and Mayor Ben Houchen's South Tees Development Corporation continues in the High Court  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"Keen is now addressing the issue of “remedy” (ie, what might happen if the court rules against the government).

He says he contends that a determination from the court that prorogation was unlawful would suffice.

He says it should then be up to the government and parliament to decide how to respond; ie, it would not be for the court to decide what should happen next.

A judge asks how parliament can respond if it is not sitting."

LOL LOL LOL

Judge to criminal:

You have been found guilty of fraud.

Criminal.

Yeah,  but its up to me what I do about it.

I'll let you know what suites me, when it suites me, if it suites me.

Bye.

• Haha 2

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

tobyjugg2

Leave Lies said 5 million Turks would be coming to Brotain and we can't do anything about it

No they didn't, typical left wing lies, they said 'COULD' which is very different.

Edited by Maharg1

Life is so much better and happier as an Optimist than a boring depressed Pessimist

That particular LEAVE LIE is still on the Voteleave site now. - in a big graphic

QUOTE:

'Turkey IS one of 5 new countries joining the EU'

No ifs buts or maybes.

Its also on the record that Penny Mordaunt on the Andrew Marr show (as Leaves PROJECT FEAR part of the LEAVE LIES campaign) claimed that Turkey was joining and we couldn't do anything about it.

At least 2 lies in one go from her there.

* They weren't, and aren't joining any time soon

* PLUS As an existing member, we have a veto on new members

Even the daily mail reported that.

so stop spouting Leave Lies

Edited by tobyjugg2

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

I supported my statement even if I didn't want to link the Leave site  - but I can if thats what it takes

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/why_vote_leave.html

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/why_vote_leave.html#collapseTwo

NOTE: The clear statements claiming that those WILL happen.

Even the daily mail reported Mordaunts   - unequivocally midleading - not FUZZY  interpretations

again I didn't link it, not wishing to promote [edited] but here:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3603212/Staying-EU-expose-Britain-terrorists-gangsters-12-7m-guns-Turkey-join-claims-defence-minister-Penny-Mordaunt-campaign-accuses-stoking-prejudice.html

So I assume you were talking to the Leaver - who did not support their statement at all.

I even referenced the Leave promoting mail link rather than a Guardian one.

The Tory Legacy

I think the most offensive language of all is NOT calling lies what they are.

It does NOTHING other than excuse and promote them.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Your timing is wrong, Turkey was joining up until March this year when the European Parliament voted in favour of suspending the negotiation and Turkeys bid to join the EU.

So at the time those things were said, Turkey was still joining the EU.  Negotiations haven't been permanently ended so Turkey could still join at some later time if it meets the EU guidelines.

Life is so much better and happier as an Optimist than a boring depressed Pessimist

6 minutes ago, Maharg1 said:

Turkey was joining up until March this year when the European Parliament voted in favour of suspending the negotiation and Turkeys bid to join the EU.

They were negotiating, with Turkey raising those questions as part of the refugee deal negotiations.

Turkey was NOT 'joining'

They were nowhere near the requirements for membership, and are even less so now.

and even if your claim were true (it isn't)

- That Leave site is still claiming it now, three years later and even further from anything resembling 'truth'

and we always had a VETO

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Turkey applied to join the EU in 1987 and those points were made after they applied and before the application was denied. So they are not lies.

Edited by Maharg1

Why does anyone even care about Turkey joining the eu, or any other country for that matter.  Immigration is already greater from non eu countries, so a lot of these people have been able to move here legally for years anyway.  Who do they think sells them their kebab?  😆

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Maharg1 said:

Turkey applied to join the EU in 1987 and those points were made after they applied and before the application was denied. So they are not lies.

Anyone can apply

Means little and  certainly not that they will get it.

Even you could apply to join the Labour party - and have a better chance of success than Turkey would.

The application negotiations included requirements for Turkey to move toward being a far more democratic state. That wasn't going to happen - but the EU used the negotiations as leverage to try to nudge Turkey in a more democratic direction and in the refugee negotiations.

If Turkey had moved significantly - membership would have become somewhat more likely - but syill a long way off.

(It was reported in the mail in a very twisted way when they poo poo'd Cameron telling you that)

- yet here we are 3 years later with no signs of Turkey becoming a member

Just look at the REAL documentation. It is available - the EU is as open as it can be unlike May or Johnson

They were nowhere near the requirements

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

so @Maharg1

Why is non EU immigration increasing under the Tories?

The Tory Legacy

Cameron: Turkey on course to join EU ‘in year 3000’

https://www.business-reporter.co.uk/2016/05/23/cameron-turkey-course-join-eu-year-3000/

" The Prime Minister attacked Penny Mordaunt's claims that Britain had no veto over Turkish accession to the 28-member bloc as "misleading" and "absolutely wrong". "

" Mr Cameron added: “It is not remotely on the cards that Turkey is going to join the EU any time soon. They applied in 1987. At the current rate of progress they will probably get round to joining in about the year 3000 according to the latest forecasts.” "

This is better

https://fullfact.org/europe/turkey-likely-join-eu/

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

What! join a party where the leader refuses to condemn the IRA and actually invited a couple of them to parliament after the Brighton bombing.

A leader that has had meetings with so many terrorist groups and accepted money from Iran for appearing on Iranian state television more than once.

A leader that has attended a wreath laying service to leaders of the Black September terror group.

A leader that calls the terrorist groups of Hamas and Hezbollah his friends

A leader that is head of an anti-Semitic party and has signed his name to the Cairo Declaration along with Communist Party members accusing Israel of genocide and calling for a boycott of Israel and backing armed resistance to the Jewish state.

You can have a go at islamophobia now if you want but at least the MP that posted and the few that seemed to support or joke on his comments were suspended.  How many of the antisimitic Labour members have been suspended.

16 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Cameron: Turkey on course to join EU ‘in year 3000’

https://www.business-reporter.co.uk/2016/05/23/cameron-turkey-course-join-eu-year-3000/

" The Prime Minister attacked Penny Mordaunt's claims that Britain had no veto over Turkish accession to the 28-member bloc as "misleading" and "absolutely wrong". "

" Mr Cameron added: “It is not remotely on the cards that Turkey is going to join the EU any time soon. They applied in 1987. At the current rate of progress they will probably get round to joining in about the year 3000 according to the latest forecasts.” "

None of that makes any difference to the fact that the application was still alive when those claims were made.

3 minutes ago, Maharg1 said:

What! join a party where the leader refuses to condemn the IRA and actually invited a couple of them to parliament after the Brighton bombing.

A leader that has had meetings with so many terrorist groups and accepted money from Iran for appearing on Iranian state television more than once.

A leader that has attended a wreath laying service to leaders of the Black September terror group.

A leader that calls the terrorist groups of Hamas and Hezbollah his friends

A leader that is head of an anti-Semitic party and has signed his name to the Cairo Declaration along with Communist Party members accusing Israel of genocide and calling for a boycott of Israel and backing armed resistance to the Jewish state.

You can have a go at islamophobia now if you want but at least the MP that posted and the few that seemed to support or joke on his comments were suspended.  How many of the antisimitic Labour members have been suspended.

I'm starting to think you're working for some dodgy agency.  Are you one of those agents employed to spread fake news?

• Like 1

It's not fake news, he has admitted it and even tried to apologise, too late for that now.

You can check back on the Guardian as well as the Mirror who all report it or are you saying the Labour supporting media print fake news.

@Maharg1

LOL

Of course its relevant, especially the full facts link. Try reading just the wikipedia page.

Turkish Membership was never even remotely on the cards.

and

I really do find it hard to take a seemingly clear right wing hard Brexiters condemnation of any form of racism/xenophopia seriously.

So given your last post, what do you think about the UK supplying Saudi Arabia with arms, munitions and British support staff to run bombing raids in Yemen?

Like the bombings of school buses and market places?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

4 minutes ago, Maharg1 said:

I think exactly the same as you do

Glad to see we've convinced you and I for one welcome another vote for Remain

another vote against Johnson and Cameron and the ERG

and another vote against Corbyn

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

You're not getting it are you, watch my lips

At the time that was said, Turkey was still in the process of application, it was after they applied and before they were denied.  It matters not if they were going to join in million years, the application was live.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks