style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The House of Commons has inflicted a major defeat on Boris Johnson that means MPs will vote on a bill to rule out a no-deal Brexit.

MPs will seek to take the bill forward today and our live blog is ready for all the action. Jeremy Corbyn says Labour will not agree to a general election unless the bill is passed.

Twenty-one Conservative MPs who stood up to Johnson had the whip withdrawn in retaliation, costing them their Tory electoral candidacy – among them, Nicholas Soames, 71, grandson of Winston Churchill.

Another, Ed Vaizey, said: “When you hear those speeches in the House of Commons by Antoinette Sandbach and Ken Clarke, you just know you are on the right side.”

David Gauke said it was his first vote against the whip in 14 years as an MP but “if tonight’s motion had been lost, a no-deal Brexit would have been almost inevitable. Probably not a good career move but the right choice.”

The Commons voted 328-301 to take control of business for the anti-no-deal bill

credits to Guardian Briefing

Good to see Corbyn at long last doing what seems to be the right thing.

Johnson and his unelected not a Tory member side kick will undoubtedly now be shredding the parliamentary democratic process even further to get their way.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Up to local Conservative constituency association who their election candidate is. 

Not sure whether Boris is destroying the Tory party or leading them to a majority at the election.

Does the UK still want Brexit and will accept no deal ?  Recent polling on Brexit had remain in the lead.  Lib Dems have been winning Council seats from Tories across the UK. 

Who knows what would happen during 6 weeks of an election campaign. Could shift votes in any direction !

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Johnson has allocated £100M to an 'information' campaign hasn't he?

Hoping people will fall for the same lies twice probably

Some undoubtedly will

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Who is Johnsons minister for propaganda?

Cummings? Patel?

They seem to be two of the most suitable evil types despite Javid looking the part more (Dr Evil)

Javid seems to be out of favour.

Wonder if he dared to question something Cummings decreed?

The Tory Legacy

Wonder if Johnson will run any campaign based on:

we, and financial crooks want NO DEAL to avoid the new rules and laws the EU are implementing to prevent abuse of financial systems for individuals financial profit,

rather than his infamous 'No plans for no deal as we will get a great deal

The Tory Legacy

Love the way Bojo and co are saying that a no deal would be 'a few bumps in the road' for us, but this prospect is supposed to be so terrifying to the EU, that they back down.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

@tobyjugg2, I reckon Johnson, the Beadle (Rees-Mogg a snotty bankster version of Adam Adamant), and other ERG buddies have money in hedge funds and will make a killing asset stripping bankrupted companies. the are all Me me's, as in Me first.  Shankar Singham's Snake Oil AAC alternatives won't work either.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Johnson is a disaster , did you see / listen to PMQ?

That is not election winning material

1 hour ago, brassnecked said:

@tobyjugg2, I reckon Johnson, the Beadle (Rees-Mogg a snotty bankster version of Adam Adamant), and other ERG buddies have money in hedge funds and will make a killing asset stripping bankrupted companies. the are all Me me's, as in Me first.  Shankar Singham's Snake Oil AAC alternatives won't work either.

Too true

and if Singham were such a trade Guru, how come we have no deals?

He's just there to smooth the US corporations' take over of the NHS etc while lining his own pocket.

The Tory Legacy

Did you expect anything better HB?

Thought he might have improved?

That statesmanship comes with the job?

That would take the ability to look outside ones own backside, and he's waaaay to far up his own.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Are we assuming that Cummings thought Dr Evils aide was the one that leaked the Yellowhammer report?

Dated as the current ministers - not the older version Hammond might have had when they accused him

Maybe?

Anyone got the full doc to up. I haven't looked for it yet.

Lets quote the :

Worst case scenario

No deal

that would seem to be mentioned as Johnson seems to want that.

I don't think he does actually - he wants his cake and eat it and thinks threatening to take his apple core home will get the other kids to share their cake.

What a Johnson.

The Tory Legacy

The supermarkets and large chains have released a report saying there would be shortages of fresh food in the case of a no deal Brexit. They're also saying that October is a difficult month to stockpile because warehouse space is booked up for Christmas stock.

Boris didn't have a good day yesterday, did he? He's so bad that Corbyn looks almost statesman like.

The Lords expect to have the no deal blocking bill back to the Commons by the end of tomorrow, so it can be debated before parliament is prorogued.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Looks like a lean time whatever the outcome,  perhaps the EU will be reluctant to grant a further Article 50 extension. here is a link to the EU Commission update document

EUROPEANCOMMISSION Brussels, 4.9.2019 COM(2019) 394

finalCOMMUNICATION FROM THE COMMISSION TO THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT, THE EUROPEAN COUNCIL, THE COUNCIL, THE EUROPEAN CENTRAL BANK, THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL COMMITTEE, THE COMMITTEE OF THE REGIONS AND THE EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANKFinalising preparations for the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union on 1 November 2019

https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/com-2019-394-final_en.pdf

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I bought 4 chest freezers.

I filled 3 of them up to the rim with potatoes,  carrots, tomatoes, apples, pears and lettuce plus some fancy fruit called mangoes (???).

The cow grazing in my back garden, once chopped up should fit in the last freezer.

I accumulated enough rugs to make clothes for the next 20 years.

That leaves me with the following shopping list:

1. Sheep (for milk and wool, extremely for food)

2. Chickens (eggs and bbq)

3. Geese (for filling pillows and mattresses)

4. Copper, brass, gold, silver, lead and any other precious metal to use when pound sterling will be useless.

5. Enough wood to build coffins (never know, there might be a shortage of them after brexit)

6. Oxygen tanks (nothing will go in or out of our island after brexit, not even air)

Any suggestion for my shopping list will be appreciated. 

Provided your boat or aircraft can get [past the defences.

well as apparently there is an astroid on collision with us then why worry!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

no idea HB my daughter said she read about it, I have not seen it myself

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

1 hour ago, snowdragon said:

For the love of God, the panic merchants are at it

Duh these things hit every few million years, and yup it will happen, but probably not tomorrow, so don't lose any sleep.

8 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Boris didn't have a good day yesterday, did he? He's so bad that Corbyn looks almost statesman like.

Johnson makes Donald Duck look a statesman

8 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

2 hours ago, snowdragon said:

Snowdragon,

I got as far as www.express.

and thought .. not worth reading any further

God ... the editing on this site with multi-quote is unusable.

So sorry for crappy format but its the sites new grate layout and grate features.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

6 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Maybe King needs a generator in case there's a power cut, so the freezer doesn't defrost. 

Added to the list, thanks.

And I've just marked the ground to install a fuel tank for the generator.

Anyone who's coming to mine for Christmas must show up tomorrow,  shovel in hand 8am sharp.

Love you all!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks