style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

10 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

You could be right, UB.

I think a concern for a PM could be that if the 1922 committee changes the rules to be able to challenge the party leader more than once a year, it could lead to Conservative leadership being pretty tenuous.

Change the rules now, and set a precedent for ever.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

33 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

I think it is too difficult for any party leader to negotiate withdrawal from the EU on their own. It will always be a cross party task, unless there is a General Election and the country gave the the Tories a big majority. But at the moment that is very unlikely.

Unless their policy is just to run the clock out and not ask for an extension again. I'd not be surprised, if a new PM completely ignored parliament and the 48 per cent who voted remain, just to hold their party together

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I think they'll do anything to hold their party together.  That's the reason Cameron gave in to a referendum in the first place.  This whole sorry shambles is the result of the Tory party looking inwards and not giving a damn about the country.

• Like 1

O think re voting if you are already a lib or a green - then vote that way

if you were some other party - vote as suggested.

Re running clock out

I also think its highly likely that France at least, quite possibly with some others, will veto a further extension.

If Farages party gets a fair few votes - then its even more likely there will be no further extensions.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

3 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Except Farage won't be in government, will he?

No but the MP Brexiters will be empowered and the EU par wont want to put up with his garbage as well as the financial uncertainty - they will want us gone and the issue done..

.. he and his ilk will be in the european parliament - it would matter less to the EU if they were in ours.

.. but we wont have him ....

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

LOL

yep

Farage wont get off the bus if there are a couple of milkshakes about

If I'd known I'd have sponsored a few dozen at every location he goes to.

What a wimp.

The Tory Legacy

Be interesting to see what happens with May

Seems to me she doesn't have to resign, all the noise is coming from the ones who already tried and failed in the last vote of no confidence

She'd probably win another even if they changed therules to allow one. How stupid would that make them look?

Noisy minority causing all the fuss as usual

The Tory Legacy

Oh

and all the brexit and kipper foreign financing issues aside ... have a good read of this ...

https://thefinanser.com/2018/07/much-nigel-farage-make-brexit.html/

The Tory Legacy

That's pretty depressing, TJ.

So we won't start hearing what today's results are until late on Sunday, when the rest of Europe has voted. I don't suppose it matters, but I'm not clear if votes will wait to be counted Sunday night or if they'll be counted today and kept secret.

The Guardian was saying that broadcasters are restricted in what they can talk about on election days, but newspapers aren't. I wonder if we'll hear what the exot polls are saying?

Illegitimi non carborundum

That its investigative journalists who are raising the issues of blatantly broken electoral rules is the real crime

If there isn't surety that the electoral process rules are being STRICTLY adhered too, CLOSELY monitored, and any breaches VIGOROUSLY pursued and SEVERELY punished,

what value can any laws have when made by the law makers in power as a result?

The Tory Legacy

I agree with you, be careful what you wish for, isn't it? There seems to be every chance that we'll get a hard Brexiter or even someone who thinks trading on WTO terms is a good idea when almost every economist says it isn't, it's quite scary.

Astonishing thing is that the Person most responsible for setting the failed exceptions of a great cake and eat it deal with his lies - is the frontrunner

Should be in jail, not parliament. Let alone in the running to be PM.

Johnson makes Farage look honest.

The Tory Legacy

wont it be interesting if there is an resurgence of the center left in the EU, and corbyn isnt part of it.

Now that would be Poetic I think

The Tory Legacy

yes the results later across the eu

The Tory Legacy

From 10pm UK time then? I read that our results from the north east could be ready as early as 10.15 because if I understood correctly they might be counting about now. It could be a long night for those who want to see it live. 

It will be fascinating to see if Farage has done it or if tactical voting has made a difference. It would be amazing if the remain vote was greater than Farage. By that I mean a coalition of LD green snp et al. 

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Turnouts although up on last time are apparently still low though.from early reports

That doesn't bode so well.

Mind you if the nationalists do poorly on a low turnout, that would be something.

The Tory Legacy

I'm having a no Brexit, No Politics Bank Holiday Monday, I am so sick of it all.  I've promised myself not to see Farage's ugly mug gloating on TV tomorrow, and  Boris Johnson opening his mouth aka Lying.

* When you consider that this was sold by many – and hardest of all by Farage - as the second referendum …

* The Brexit party has had more news coverage than any other party – more than any other 2 parties put together according to some reports…

* The news reports before and after glorifying in showing folk who claimed to be lifelong Tory and Labour voters saying they will/did vote for Farage

* A large portion of the Tory party (the hard Brexiters) clearly saying they would not campaign for the Tory party and would vote for the Brexit party - as clearly seems to have happened …

* Vince Cables Lib Dems were hardly inspiring in their presentation and campaigning - Farage whipped them all in 'glam' and flim-flam

It does seem quite clear that those who want Brexit, deal or no deal, went out and voted for the Brexit party or Ukip.

So given that relatively low turnout compared to UK MP  elections; where Farage does NOT do as well; yet with all indications that Brexiters were out in full force,

I think Brexit barely breaking 1 in 3 of the votes cast  (Brexit and ukip together) is definitive.

and a similar 35/65 result against the Brexiters in a second referendum would be quite acceptable.

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks