• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

5 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

+2.

Did anyone see the article by an ex-Australian PM about thinking that trade with the Commonwealth will replace what we have with Europe?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/11/commonwealth-save-brexit-britain-utter-delusion-kevin-rudd

He would have been considered an 'expert' commenting as part of project fear before the referendum.  

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Maybe the lady has been read years of articles by anit-Europe tabloids. I think some people have bought into the conspiracy theory these papers promote. They don't seem to mention the benefits of being in Europe.

2 minutes ago, London1971 said:

He would have been considered an 'expert' commenting as part of project fear before the referendum.  

Indeed.

Illegitimi non carborundum

11 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

+2.

Did anyone see the article by an ex-Australian PM about thinking that trade with the Commonwealth will replace what we have with Europe?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/11/commonwealth-save-brexit-britain-utter-delusion-kevin-rudd

Yep, Too true HB.

The commonwealth is not interested in a return to empire.

Same with India, Japan and even China

.. as was stated in one of these threads here perhaps 2 years ago.

I think Fox has actually signed some deal with some African country to sell us bananas though.

Seems he thinks we are all Minions.

India has rescinded UK financier protections, and is quite clearly stating free/enhanced movement is part of any future deal

- but is losing interest fast as they work on a direct deal with the EU.

Japan seems to be entirely losing interest in the UK except as a backwater as it now HAS a deal with the EU and isn't interested in some small Island whose population is skint and cant afford new cars (seen to fall in new car sales?) and will have tariffs.

China will carry on via ebay etc flogging us copy goods - but might benefit greatly from the Brexiters proposed dropping of import tariffs - at no cost to them.

The US want the rights and regulations bonfire as part of their deal - which the Brexiters have no issue with of course - except Gove it would seem - if you can believe anything he says.

Its beginning to look a lot like Brexit,

Everyone will go ...

Edited by tobyjugg2
Capital M in Minions

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

3 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Yep, Too true HB.

The commonwealth is not interested in a return to empire.

Same with India, Japan and even China

.. as was stated in one of these threads here perhaps 2 years ago.

I think Fox has actually signed some deal with some African country to sell us bananas though.

Seems he thinks we are all Minions.

India has rescinded UK financier protections, and is quite clearly stating free/enhanced movement is part of any future deal

- but is losing interest fast as they work on a direct deal with the EU.

Japan seems to be entirely losing interest in the UK except as a backwater as it now HAS a deal with the EU and isn't interested in some small Island whose population is skint and cant afford new cars (seen to fall in new car sales?) and will have tariffs.

China will carry on via ebay etc flogging us copy goods - but might benefit greatly from the Brexiters proposed dropping of import tariffs - at no cost to them.

The US want the rights and regulations bonfire as part of their deal - which the Brexiters have no issue with of course - except Gove it would seem - if you can believe anything he says.

Its beginning to look a lot like Brexit,

Everyone will go ...

This is why it's the aggregated betting odds are now 5/11 on of us being back in the EU by 2027

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Looks like Cox's advice has gone against May's deal in the last few minutes and the DUP have just said they won't support it

7 minutes ago, London1971 said:

This is why it's the aggregated betting odds are now 5/11 on of us being back in the EU by 2027

I think France and some others would veto any return. All other things aside (and why would they want us back) Without Britain supporting Germany - as it often has - France has a far greater influence.

and anyway - no way would we get our existing deal.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

So Mays deal defeated again - still probably needs another defeat though ...

Round and round in circles,

Like a teddy bear,

1 defeat

2 defeat

and still she doesn't hear.

+ Leaving without a deal - rejected + count the abstentions as rejections too

- Meaning is blurred lines though like Mays unilateral statement of waffle waffle blah blah.

Binding on the UK to an extent - but not binding on the EU and still not a realistic option let alone a default one.

Wont mean squat to May or Corbyn other than as political waffle ammo.

Farage and hard Brexiters are lobbying EU right wing EU nations, like the UK's old ally Poland to refuse an extension ....

and these RW anti EU'ers are saying that the anti-eu are an EU wide anti-eu who will work together to bring down the eu-eu ...

So EU wide brexiters lobbying the EU - who they hate, to do their will to damage all sides (except Russia and America perhaps)

* So with No deal Brexit not officially on the table - but still the default option in reality on 29th

* Mays deal rejected twice (but still maybe another go to go)

* The EU saying no more negotiating (unless the UK stance changes significantly at least)

* The UK mainly saying its still Brexit with a deal

* May says her deal or no deal

* Corbyn saying his Brexit deal (undefined)

* DUP and most of the ERG + a few Labour say no deal is the only deal

* About 70-75% of the Tories LESS the ERG - demand BRexit - preferably with a deal

* Corbyn saying general election (with nothing defined)

* Farage and Friends trying to get the EU to veto an extension (only takes 1 to veto, but 2 to deal)

The options seem to be

* Carry on mucking about as May and Corbyn seem to be driving and crash out on the 29th whatever Parliament says they want - still the default

* Agree Mays deal at third attempt or crash out on 29th - because May, the DUP, the ERG and Corbyn will continue running the clock out

* Get an extension to do something - which the EU will have to agree

* Revoke the article 50 notification which seems the only guaranteed way to NOT crash out apart from voting for Mays worst of all deals at third last minute attempt.

Remember there is no transition deal without an exit deal.

None of which the public voted for in the referendum (well apart from Remain)

- including hard Brexit - never mentioned other than in passing - and falsely as a WTO wonderland fantasy.

In fact Baldric Smeghead de fathead faffer Johnson actually said something like 'theres no plan for no deal as we'll get a great deal'

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I think we are going to end  up with a long extention.

General election and/or referendum within the next 3 months.

Theresa May could obtain a Parliamentary majority for Brexit including a Customs agreement with the EU. This would help resolve the Irish border issue and avoid trade barriers with the EU, so would help business. Brexiteers won't support this, as it would stop UK obtaining non EU trade deals, without consent of EU.

May knows that Brexiteers , both in the Tory party and outside,  are pretty likely to jump ship to UKIP and the Tories would find it difficult winning a majority at next election.

May choose to take a tightrope walk down the middle of the Brexit debate and force a compromised EU deal on Parliament, without having spent enough time building a majority that would have achieved Brexit within the 2 year period. This is why an Article 50 extension will be agreed until end of June 2019 and that might not be enough to gain cross party agreement.

But the next European elections start on 23rd May. Does that mean we need to take part in them if there is an extension until the end of June?

UB, I think May has brought the current chaos on herself. As soon as she was elected leader, she started letting the ERG dictate what would happen and stopped caring about the 48% who voted Remain and even insulted them with comments like Citizens of Nowhere. Now it suits her, she wants everyone to pull together and everyone including Europe to compromise, so she doesn't have to.

I see there's talk this morning of bringing back her hugely unpopular deal one more time, to try and bludgeon MPs into accepting it. John Bercow seems to be looking into if it's even allowed to bring back the same motion unamended for a third time.

Mays deal will be brought back again with a minutiae change if Bercow says no.

The EU are VERY unlikely to grant anything other than

1. Short extension with defined objective with some chance of success

2. Long extension with MEP's etc - kick it well into the long grass rather than keep kicking it a few weeks away again and again

We are So unprepared that revoking the article 50 notification is the only sensible 'business' route, but of course this is all about ideologies, NOT sense.

The argument that the UK people would lose faith in UK politics is farcicle given its current state.

The EU now seem to be expecting the UK to run around in circles until it vanishes into non-existence up its own backside before it even manages any form of Brexit. May seems hoping that the UK will allow a crash out or her (kick the can down the road) deal to avoid self- immolation by sphincter ..

and are clearly unwilling to waste any more effort on any more UK games.

The EU have more important issues to deal with than a completely divided UK which is becoming less important to the EU and the world stage by the week.

Despite the ERG claims, the EU has bent over backwards to accommodate what they can of the UK's many disparate and conflicting fantasy wishes and have clearly had enough.

For those who think the UK can quickly rejoin after leaving - I think there will be more than one veto applied on that and even if we could - it would be on more standard terms

- which the UK would kick off about - and be sidelined until they met the criteria - thus avoiding even the need for a veto.

If there is a long extension, we really DO need to ensure Farage and Banks do NOT get MEP seats to continue using to progress Foreign (to the UK and EU) interests.

Not worried about genuine British Euro-sceptics so much - a bit of national self interest is spot on in my books - but I now honestly think Farage is actually working for Russian goals both here, the EU and in the US.

Not tin hat stuff either - look at the current state of the investigations into them.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I think it's going to go on hold for a long time. .. 

Then you only need to look at demographics, I live in a very heavy leave area, yet Brexit is held in utter contempt buy 100% of all pupils at my teenage kids comprehensive.  Really only a few years off voting age!

Then all the brexiteers in their 80's dying, I know of 2 in the past month RIP, friends or elderly family.  This is the real headwind for Brexit IMO.

They're saying that Treeza is going to bring her deal back to parliament for another vote on Tuesday, it isn't known if there will be any alterations to it.

Labour's Chris Bryant has tabled an amendment saying that you can't keep presenting the same thing in the same parliamentary session. I guess she's carrying on bullying people to try and force through a deal that hardly anyone likes.

The Tory Legacy

The  ERG and Hard Brexiteers are running scared now. I bet none of them voted for the A50 extention. I'd not be surprised if it became March 29th 2020. The longer, the delay, the more momentum gathers for a soft Brexit or a referendum, and the ERG knows this.

On 14/03/2019 at 07:12, unclebulgaria67 said:

General election and/or referendum within the next 3 months.

I genuinely believed that watching the votes yesterday we would surely see movement towards a second referendum.  But at this stage I don't think a majority will vote for anything that veers too far to the left or right.

Teresa May's deal will get voted down a hundred times because forgetting the issue over the backstop - It is still a bad deal.  This is the point the seem to have escaped all the hard brexiters, unless they're either ignorant or being deliberately dishonest (maybe a bit of both).  Leaving the EU is absolutely worse than staying in the EU, so any "deal" we negotiate at this stage won't be any good for the UK.  They seem to be pretending that there is something better out there, maybe through fear of the public backlash.

When May says it's her way or no deal.  I absolutely believe her.  This is a legal process and the EU are trying to implement whatever the wishes of the UK were.  By default, our wishes appear to be to negotiate our position down and to give away what sovereignty we had because that is what leaving means.

Where we go from here, who knows.  The EU still has to agree to an extension of article 50 and they will want to know what the plan is - At present the plan seems to be to have Parliament vote on the same deal until it gets voted through, so a very long extension is looking likely!

• Thanks 1

I am really sick to death of Brexiters shouting, “where is the Trust, democracy and respecting the vote” as if someone were cheating them.

Well Brexiters – good question – just wrong people being asked.

Even with just the flat lie of 350M a week and temporarily ignoring all the many other lies,

Brexit was presented by Vote Leave as “we will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave"

So along with the 350M a week claim being dropped within hours of the result being declared, what about this second bit of the Brexit T&C’s that were quickly reneged on?

Well Brexiters,

With the failure to meet even the headline Brexit side commitments and assurances given in the Brexit campaign – where IS the trust, democracy or respecting the vote?

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2290566/vote-leave-2016-taking-back-control-is-a-careful-change-not-a-sudden-step

The Tory Legacy

Actually what's really starting to annoy me is people on Facebook sharing BS about how our soldiers back in world war 2 would be so offended we are denying Brexit in the face of those nasty bullies from Europe.

I mean does anyone think a soldier fighting Germany back in 1944 would even care about anything aside from coming home to be with their families.  It's pretty offensive IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

That isn't very logical, is it, London, as you say? Our soldiers were fighting alongside some Europeans, without wishing to state the obvious.

But apparently according to some of those facebook posts people keep sharing, we saved Europe in the war...  I am convinced a lot of these memes come from dodgy sources.  Similar to a lot of these posts you see about Labour and anti semitism.   Honestly, the powers that be must love social media.  It makes getting lies out so easy, and you can get them to so many people.

Ohh I have seen some doddery old bloke writing a letter to that effect in our local paper, blah blah blah, world war 2, blah blah Britain used to be great.  

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks