• Tweets

• Hi, I'd change justice centre to county court. I also wouldn't be including a telegraph article in the bundle. It doens't prove anything law and you don't have distribution rights on it. I also wouldn't personally break down the exhibits on the index page, normally people have a seperate page for this right before the exhibits. The main index page normally just says Exhibits to WX of [Your Name] or at least that's the format I use/see people here use, although really it makes minimal difference.   I also see that despite referencing several judgements you haven't included the EVRi one   paragraph 46 really needs to go imo it has nothing to do with anything. Your in court to apply the law to your case, not to tell the judge about a newspaper that means nothing to your claim.   I also see you've adopted the issues in dispute/not in dispute, which is also known as a scott schedule. if you are taking this approach, for things not in dispute I would say this needs to be things that are agreed between parties, not things like "There is no dispute that I am happy to supply all this evidence which is included in the court bundle." I would say that issues in dispute is to focus on the aspects of the claim that are in dispute, such as whether liability is limited by insurance or not, so I'd be changing that accordingly.   BF should be along shortly to advise on things.
    • J, I just numbered them like that; once the witness statement is made, I'll add it to the pages.   The court date has been set as 02 July 2024. Please find attached V6. I will send an unredacted to the email.  claim budle_V6.pdf
    • I'm afraid that I have tried downloading it three times and each time I am getting an error message. Would you mind scanning it again please and uploading it again. I understand that JK has managed to open it but others may not. Thanks
    • I can see that.   In this case, I'd email both that receipt and your tracking label to evri's small claims email and say that is the information you have.   They'll figure it out from there I'm sure
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Direct democracy in the mix there. I can see a new movement in politics taking place globally as social media is now embraced. The start of the new world order.

Surely THE new world order is all about controlling mainstream media, like the BBC, or Murdock and his empire, and social media is its antithesis.

Or are you refering to some possible new new world order which is based on diversification of opinion and many voices?

and what do you believe social media to do with direct democracy?

I think the failure of polls has shown that people often dont vote in alignment with what they say to others.

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

I am all for increasing popular participation in politics which is one reason I hate out FPTP. elections. A form of PR would be better, personally I like the Scottish/German system as it gives some stability but allows smaller parties representation. Yes I know it allows platforms for fascists but maybe if people felt their vote counted they wouldn't cast protest votes.

I have been hearing terrible stories of anxieties that EU citizens are going through when applying for permanent residency. If they have not worked and paid tax and NI they may not get it, this would be even if they were married to a UK national with U.K. registered kids.

I think I am more depressed about the referendum now than I have ever been especially now Corbyn is using a 3 line whip to agree triggering article 50 .

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

According to research, the poorest 10 areas in northern Europe are all in the UK and they all voted Brexit. They seem to be blaming the EU for their problems, rather than look to the UK government. The richest place in northern Europe was central London, but no other UK area featured in the top 10 richest areas.

After Brexit, if UK government does not maintain UK farming subsidies which come from the EU and also does not maintain the EU regional assistance money to poorest areas, then many people who voted Brexit are going to be even more unhappy.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

According to research, the poorest 10 areas in northern Europe are all in the UK and they all voted Brexit. They seem to be blaming the EU for their problems, rather than look to the UK government. The richest place in northern Europe was central London, but no other UK area featured in the top 10 richest areas.

After Brexit, if UK government does not maintain UK farming subsidies which come from the EU and also does not maintain the EU regional assistance money to poorest areas, then many people who voted Brexit are going to be even more unhappy.

Isnt it strange that it would seem those who will likely lose the largest proportion of what they have, seemed to have voted in the largest numbers to Brexit.

As you say, thats a massive lot of potential dissatisfaction waiting to explode.

The Tory Legacy

Maybe it's because the leave campaign lied and the remain campaign did not pull them up on it.

When people have tried to point this out they have been abused.

It seems the early indications are now forming of the economic meltdown that was foretold.

Isnt it strange that it would seem those who will likely lose the largest proportion of what they have, seemed to have voted in the largest numbers to Brexit.

As you say, thats a massive lot of potential dissatisfaction waiting to explode.

It is because they have been told by UKIP and some newspapers that all of their problems are down to EU membership allowing uncontrolled immigration.

Yes population increases have put pressure on public services, housing etc, but with a record number of workers paying taxes and spending in the economy, then government should have plenty of money to increase service capacity, housing supply etd.

I just wish people would really have a good think about the issues and applied some logic. If they had ever been to Australia which has a controlled immigration system, they will have seen the huge number of Asian migrants and many Australians not being bery happy. They have the same issues as the UK. Australia is a huge country, with a huge amount of mineral wealth, but if they want to trade with countries like China, then those trade deals often come with rights of Chinese citizens to work and live in Australia. If you get on a train in certain parts of Sydney, you will hear Mandarin being spoken and people reading Chinese newspapers.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

It is because they have been told by UKIP and some newspapers that all of their problems are down to EU membership allowing uncontrolled immigration.

Yes population increases have put pressure on public services, housing etc, but with a record number of workers paying taxes and spending in the economy, then government should have plenty of money to increase service capacity, housing supply etd.

I just wish people would really have a good think about the issues and applied some logic. If they had ever been to Australia which has a controlled immigration system, they will have seen the huge number of Asian migrants and many Australians not being bery happy. They have the same issues as the UK. Australia is a huge country, with a huge amount of mineral wealth, but if they want to trade with countries like China, then those trade deals often come with rights of Chinese citizens to work and live in Australia. If you get on a train in certain parts of Sydney, you will hear Mandarin being spoken and people reading Chinese newspapers.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/brexit

So, if we want trade deals with China and Australia - we have to relax immigration rules for those countries ! That should be interesting.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Net migration before Brexit = in excess of 300,000 people

Net migration after Brexit ( if it happens) = in excess of 300,000 people

Given the numbers of foreign students, foreign spouses, people with rights to come to the UK, work Visas that will be issued etc, i can't see that net migration will be changed.

In theory you could control EU migration and non EU migration after Brexit, but it won't happen. The UK has a growing elderly population of people living longer, with more care and medical assistance required as a consequence. This means that both the care and healthcare sectors will need all the people they can get hold of.

UB

Sit on certain buses and trains in Coventry you will hear an awful lot of both mandarin and Cantonese. It is in a great part due to the University of Warwick which has an incredible number of Chinese students. There are also huge numbers of EU students . All adds to the diversity.

So, if we want trade deals with China and Australia - we have to relax immigration rules for those countries ! That should be interesting.

not forgetting India, as posted before. when May went there to discuss trade the Indian gov't publicly said that they wld want free movement.

it will be for whichever country an agreement is made....

not forgetting India, as posted before. when May went there to discuss trade the Indian gov't publicly said that they wld want free movement.

Exactly. Trade deals often come with conditions attached. Some Brexit supporters have a simplistic vision of a future UK trading with the world, with all of the positives and fewer negatives.

Part of Britains history is having an empire with trading posts all over the world. Britain lost the empire, but we still trade with the world. Joining the EU did not really affect UK trade that much. There is nothing stopping UK companies trading with whoever they want, if another country does not have barriers that make it difficult. Being part of the EU, has not really affected Germanys economic performance, as they supply equipment to businesses all over the world. If you produce something that is at the right quality and price level, it will sell.

I doubt many of us will be around to see the real long term consequences of this, in fact as I suggested recently , with him in the Whitehorse, non of us may be around that long.

I wonder how history will look upon these events. Maybe let no term the only effect will have been to tear a country apart for a while and cause family rifts and arguments. That in itself has not been good.

First Nissan LAST week stating they will have to reconsider the Governments promise the sunderland plant will remain competitive after Brexit, That means staying in the customs union/single market. Now Toyota which employs nearly 4,000 at plants in Derbyshire and North Wales.

Chairman Takeshi Uchiyamada said: “We’ve seen the direction of the Prime Minister of the UK. We’re going to consider how our firm can survive.”

Yep, and I'm sure they are happy for any UK citizens going to Bombay to work in one of the sweatshops to have exactly the same access to benefits and healthcare as Indian Bombay workers, but do insist that in return their nationals here have the same access as UK citizens to UK benefits and healthcare.

Bit over double the total EU population in India isnt there?

(average monthly wage about $295 (roughly £295 soon) - but that does include the Bombay Billionaires and has risen significantly over the last 5 years - unlike most of us

What was perhaps the biggest Brexit issue (as far as we can tell) ....

So we are leaving the EU to have free movement agreements with India and the USA ....

Looking for cheap place in Scotland ... quick

The Tory Legacy

Surely THE new world order is all about controlling mainstream media, like the BBC, or Murdock and his empire, and social media is its antithesis.

Or are you refering to some possible new new world order which is based on diversification of opinion and many voices?

and what do you believe social media to do with direct democracy?

I think the failure of polls has shown that people often dont vote in alignment with what they say to others.

The news tonight has raised the subject of The new world order.

Issues which gain momentum on line can be a powerful message to the government and can influence their thinking.

The news tonight has raised the subject of The new world order.

Issues which gain momentum on line can be a powerful message to the government and can influence their thinking.

What 'news'?

What 'conspiracy'?

The 'conspiracy' to impeach Trump?

Some would call that justice.

The 'Conspiracy' of momentum and Corbyn to destroy the remnants of democracy in this country?

The 'Conspiracy' of our Government cabinet to lie to us to promote their own interests?

The 'Conspiracy' of the Tories to destroy the NHS so they can balance their books without lowering their subsidies to the super rich?

Or the Conspiracy that we are run by shape shifting alien lizards, because people dont want to accept that its other people who are the monsters.

The Tory Legacy

UKIP goes all in and calls Labour:

Privatisation of the NHS vs Brexit

Lets see what the rest gamble, and will Farage throw his 10 gallon hat in

Will the LibDems continue their surge

So will UKIP, with the support of the Tories win Stoke up from second place?

Somewhat more importantly, will a three horse race see labour crash and the Libdems continue their resurgence?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ukip-paul-nuttall-stoke-by-election_uk_587f72dbe4b0831b7c6e5f11?utm_hp_ref=uk&-uk

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/elections/2017/01/wholl-win-stoke-trent

http://news.ladbrokes.com/politics/british-politics/odds-slashed-on-liberal-democrats-to-win-stoke-by-election.html

I wonder if May is doing a Boris, and looking for someone please to give her a valid excuse to escape the demands of her 'victory'

(I see Boris is staying true to form as a complete liability to everyone and everything)

Tories throw Stoke Tory voters out with the bath water apparently hoping Tory voters go to UKIP despite Tories literally only being a handful of votes behind UKIP at last election.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tories-write-off-stoke-by-election-as-they-fear-awkward-defeat-party-sources-say_uk_588108f5e4b0b8867de7372b?utm_hp_ref=uk&-uk

Rather strange given that there is a significant chance that voters might continue deserting UKIP - commonly back to the Tories or strangely ex labour -> Libdems.

(strange as libdems anti Brexit whereas Labout now quite clearly = +Brexit)

Proved to be a faux pas pax ("kiss of peace" LOL) last time.

A LIbDem shock (even 2nd place) really will be a shocker if you look at the 2015 result - BUT they did come second behind Labour in 2010.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoke-on-Trent_Central_%28UK_Parliament_constituency%29

Battle is on in Copeland though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copeland_by-election,_2017

The internal battles in Labour for the candidates has been eye opening as well, with locals defying Corbynite/momentum candidates - which in my opinion gives Labour a better chance in copeland

http://uk.businessinsider.com/gillian-troughton-labour-candidate-copeland-by-election-stoke-2017-1

I think a Labour defeat in a historic Labour stronghold (since 1935) Copeland really does put an indisputable kiss of death on Corbyn and momentum as far as UK voters are concerned.

Labour will be running the usual pro NHS rhetoric - which will get them a lot of votes

But Labour is both anti Nuclear and pro Brexit, despite the Labour candidate being evidently well liked locally and pro Nuclear in a nuclear industry area.

A loss for Labour in both these will devastating - although unlikely to affect Corbyn himself.

Copeland voted massively to Brexit (almost 2:1), so A continued libdem upsurge will speak volumes, although that prior vote is of course in Corbyns favour

A continued UKIP and Labour crash and burn with a continued LIBDem upsurge might indicate the biggest shift in UK politics since the 1950's, and the longer Labour leave it, the harder it will be for them to turn it back around.

So Copeland region voters seem to have strong opinion in the following areas:

+ nuclear (against Labour {although candidate is clearly pro-nuclear industry) - for Tories (Libdems +nuclear power, anti Trident))

+NHS (for labour and LibDems - against Tories and UKIP {although many are conned by Tory/UKIP rhetoric IMO})

+Brexit (For UKIP, Tories and Labour - against Libdems)

The Tory Legacy

The Supreme court have ruled that the Government cannot trigger Article 50 without consent/approval of parliament. However, the Scottish and Welsh Assemblies do not have to be consulted.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2017/jan/24/supreme-court-article-50-judgement-announces-its-article-50-judgment-politics-live

Nicola Sturgeon, the Scottish first minister, is planning to stage a Holyrood vote on article 50 even though the supreme court unanimously ruled that the UK government is not legally required to seek Scottish consent, as she edges slowly towards staging a second independence referendum.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'll add a small rider that Libdems nuclear policy is a bit confused, (possibly dont want to alienate anyone)

and that the LibDems are pro fracking - but with woolly 'better safeguards'

The Tory Legacy

The Supreme court have ruled that the Government cannot trigger Article 50 without consent/approval of parliament. However, the Scottish and Welsh Assemblies do not have to be consulted.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2017/jan/24/supreme-court-article-50-judgement-announces-its-article-50-judgment-politics-live

Yes, best reasonably possible result for the Tories (even though some might think otherwise)

Its the decision that an act of parliament is needed that seems to be a prime driver for 'no need for a devolved OK'.

No act needed could possibly have strengthened the devolved parliaments OK needed case.

The Tory Legacy

Lets just put the Votes in real context.

46,500,001 total voters

17,410,742 Voted Leave

16,141,241 Voted Remain

12,948,018 Did not vote for EITHER option for whatever reason

So More representative, and far more clearly explaining the conflict and enduring dissatisfaction across the whole of the UK is

29,089,259 (63% - a clear majority) DID NOT vote to Leave

30,358,760 (65% - a clear majority) DID NOT vote to Remain

So the only thing we can be sure of is that a MAJORITY of the UKs voters DID NOT vote for either option

So Either of the options as offered can only represent a minority view as it stands.

The Tory Legacy

We also know that people from both sides wanted different things

Some leave actually wanted a curb on immigration

Some wanted a 'return of sovereignty'

Some want to leave the free trade area

Some of the remainers wanted each of the above

I wonder if the complexities of international politics and relations were better understood by everyone there would have been less worry about sovereignty . Do people really think that all decisions made by parliament are only concerned with the UK. An example may be Trident- if it wasn't for our international responsibilities , maybe they would have voted against it.

Nothing is every binary yes no

We also know that people from both sides wanted different things

Some leave actually wanted a curb on immigration

Some wanted a 'return of sovereignty'

Some want to leave the free trade area

Some of the remainers wanted each of the above

I wonder if the complexities of international politics and relations were better understood by everyone there would have been less worry about sovereignty . Do people really think that all decisions made by parliament are only concerned with the UK. An example may be Trident- if it wasn't for our international responsibilities , maybe they would have voted against it.

Nothing is every binary yes no

Absolutely.

Those % are the lowest rejection percentages, not the highest. If you take into consideration any and all caveats in the minds of the voters, its probably nearer 80% rejection of both the Leave and Remain options.

I just cant get over that when the 'stated' and 'official' stances of the PM and opposition was Remain, just how poorly it was presented. One can only conclude - deliberately.

Those rejections are really rejections of most of our government, yet there they all are with very few exceptions, still lying, manipulating, self aggrandising.

Where are treason charges when you need them.

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks