• Tweets

• Thank you all   JK, I agree; if they were to accept my full claim today, then the interest would be around 8-9 pounds. If I were them, I would have offered to pay the interest and said no to the 12 pounds for the letters. These have not been mentioned, which is my mistake.   As you pointed out, if the judge were to award at 4% and I did not get the letters, I would get less.   Bank, thank you. I do hear what you are saying. If I am to continue with this, then I will need to pay an additional trial fee of £59. If I win everything, then great, but if I win less the claim and court fee, then I lose out. I am not sure what the judge will think about the interest. I think we have to remember that I won the item and, therefore, did not pay a penny for it. Yes, I have had to purchase an additional one, but maybe the judge will hold this against me. I am content that this is a win. I have not signed any non-disclosure clauses, and they do not ask for this either in their offer. 
    • Are you saying that both businesses were closed? Yet you stayed there for over two hours. . If both were closed than to charge £100 is a penalty since Horizon had no legitimate interest in keeping spaces clear for the company. sake as there were no customers..
    • Well you would think that would be the case. Sadly i doubt there is one honest broker within the BPA or IPC and most of their members. they are there to take as much money as they can from motorists regardless of PoFA.   Take the Consideration  period for example. This is a minimum of 5 minutes to allow motorists to find a parking space, read the T&Cs giving them enough time to leave the car park without having to pay if they decide not stay. Simple. Well it would be simple if it were any other company than BPA [or IPC who have now fallen into line with BPA's "reasoning"].  You see if you decide to stay then despite the fact that during the Consideration period when you still weren't classed as parking , once you accept the terms [with all the underhand little tricks designed to trip you up] that five minutes is now included in your parking time. [No not the parking period because the poor dears who ANPR cameras are apparently unable to work out what the exact parking period is since their ever so infallible cameras [yeah right] are incapable of tracking cars once they are in a car park]. After 12 years they still haven't worked out a way of doing it. Some of them fudge and the majority [with a wink fro their ATA [Accredited Trade Association though it should be Discredited Trade Association] just ignore the parking period all together. This is what BPA claim is the Consideration period Entrance grace period: This is for when motorists enter a car park, read the signs and/or attempt to make payment then leave. In these instances, motorists must be offered a reasonable amount of time before an operator takes enforcement action, but we do not define this time, due to the variance in size and layout of car parks. An entrance grace period for a small, permit-only car park could be below 5 minutes, whereas for a large multi-story this could be 15. But  heaven forbid that anyone should leave 6 or 7 minutes after entering  their member's car parks. . They are dutybound to receive a PCN. This is regardless of how busy the car park would be [Christmas eve for example ] .Our minimum is their maximum. Moving on to Grace periods. Again BPA gobble degook. Exit grace period: This must be a minimum of 10 minutes and this is when a motorist intends to stay – for example, if you paid for an hour but spent a total of 1 hour 10 minutes on-site, you will not receive a PCN. It is important to note that the grace period is not a free period of parking however and should not be advertised as such. If that ten minutes in not free parking what is it. their members all think they can send out PCNs for anything after 1 minute after the exact time never mind ten minutes. Our snotty letters have stood the test of time. Do not try to reinvent the wheel -especially with DCBL . They don't even know what a non compliant PCN is for goodness sake! You already know more about PoFA then they do. However if you include that they will find a way to disabuse the Judge of your logic and the law. So don't give them the chance.  I am sure you have the Parking Prankster going on about the rogues misusing the rules on planning permission by lying and stating that they had "retrospective permission". There is no such thing in English law yet Judges were swallowing it until one Judge pulled up Parking Eye about one of their Witness Statements alluding to "rp" by claiming it was "tantamount to perjury".  It wasn't tantamount,it was plain and simple perjury. Parking Prankster: The great private car park planning approval scam PARKING-PRANKSTER.BLOGSPOT.COM Guest blog from shuteyepark, from the Consumer Action group forums In December 2013 my daughter received a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) fro... Hope it wasn't too long winded Nicky Boy.🙂
    • and more immediate issues WT* is the UK doing. Ukraine needs these funds and weapons NOW Lets sincerely hope this isnt another Tory VIPal skimming issue.   MoD accused of ‘go-slow’ with half of £900m Ukraine fund unused | Defence policy | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Delays mean just £404m of the money donated by nine countries has been committed or spent  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lord Kerr who actually devised Article 50, told the BBC that invoking it would not make Britain's exit from the EU 'irrevocable', He said 'You can change your mind while the process going on'

In out in out shake it all about!

You have to withdraw before the 2 years is up and it has to be accepted by leaders of other countries. Given the UK financial contribution to the EU, they are most likely to accept.

I genuinely do not think Brexit will happen, because once it is realised what the consequences are, a lot of people are going to change their minds. So much is going to happen during the next few years and by the time the Brexit deal is advised to Parliament, they might decide to reject it. Of course those that support leave are going to do their best to make Brexit happen, but trying to proceed in a way that sidelines Parliament until a deal is finalised is a mistake they will come to regret.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No one seemed to moan about Tony Blair taking us into war without the approval of a majority of democratically elected members of Parliament ?

I wasn't happy about it despite coming to the inescapable conclusion then (which has grown stronger over the years) that it was a necessary 'least bad' option of a batch of bad options - unlike Libya and Syria.

Lets also not forget that despite Parliament clearly voting AGAINST action in Syria, the Government of that time used executive weasel reasoning to take action there anyway - despite that vote, and before the second vote approving some action.

Including the gem :

UK forces action and air strikes in Syria being self-defence of Iraq !!!

(Note also that daesh actually expanded its sphere under those so called actions)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/11745689/British-pilots-in-air-strikes-against-Isil-in-Syria-live.html

http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/SN06995

Google UK forces action in Syria

Which do you think is worse?

Who thinks the same sort of weasel reasoning will be applied to 'Brexit' - especially if not closely scrutinised in Parliament

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

It would be funny if all trade deals with countries outside of the EU had to include some rights of migration to the UK, if they met a certain criteria. So we would close the border with the EU or restrict entry to EU citizens and then have just as many immigrants coming from all around the world. So net migration never came down to tens of thousands.

There seems to have been an assumption with Brexit, that suddenly the UK would be signing up to trade deals all around the world, which were positive for the UK, without any terms people would not like. The UK could become more of a global hub, with more people coming to the UK and foreign companies exporting their profits to escape UK taxes. It is ok if employment rights were maintained, but some Tories want to see a reduction in such rights.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

unclebulgaria, I agree with you about different immigrants likely replacing EU ones.

Theresa May's recent/present trade mission to India revealed precisely that. They are demanding more visas for Indians travelling to the UK as part of any trade deal. Further they have protectionist laws regarding trade in services. Any deal will involve our asking them to change their law.

Brexiters have fantasies about the trade deals we are going to get. The fact is it's a tough world on our own outside the EU.

so who do you suggest be in Government then, Fletch?

Maybe should have a poll, If there was a general election tomorrow who would you vote for?

I do not support any party but deff would not vote for Labour!

There is no one good enough in my opinion

I think my political views are quite well known but here is not the place to discuss them.

However , the first thing I would do is fix the voting system so that it gives a more representative make up of the commons. I think in that way we would see a markedly different vote because people who are at heart say liberal democrats would be able to vote for what they believe in rather than worrying that their vote would be wasted. In the area I live the Tories hold the seat and Lib dems are second (even after the collapse of the vote) with Ukip and labour neck and neck for third. Interestingly , for many years the Tory vote has remained relatively constant with the other parties swing from labour to Liberals as dissatisfaction with labour grew . Historically it was a liberal constituency even long after the Liberal party were a party of government.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Unclebulgaria

I sincerely hope that you are right and Brexit will never happen. The fear I have is that so much damage will have been done to the economy by the time the decision is made we will never recover to where we could be. Its a bit like our refusal to join the embryonic EEC way back when which left us lagging behind.

I am afraid I believe that too many people still think we are a world power with an empire - or could be again. We will not have an empire again and it was that which drove our position as a world power simple by the numbers of people and the land mass we controlled.

before anyone tries to say otherwise , I think that Britain can be great but needs to stay united and needs to be a player within Europe.

It would be funny if all trade deals with countries outside of the EU had to include some rights of migration to the UK, if they met a certain criteria. So we would close the border with the EU or restrict entry to EU citizens and then have just as many immigrants coming from all around the world. So net migration never came down to tens of thousands.

yep, PM May just in India discussing future trade. india saying wld want/expect more relaxed immigration/visa controls.

and, there still cld be free movement for eu cits depending on the type of exit agreement. plus then more relaxed movement/imm for the other countries in trade agreements. ie potentially more immigration overall.

unclebulgaria, you say the government's majority in the House of Commons is very small and that they might not get matters relating to Brexit passed.

But current MPs, of all parties, are terrified of the high feelings of the Brexiters and fear for their seats and even for public order. That is why they keep saying that the referendum must be respected.

Of course, though, they have their fingers crossed that something will come along to prevent them from voting the nation to its doom.

It seems to me that the rush Theresa May is engaged in to invoke Art 50 is to do with the elections to the European Parliament in June 2019. We need to know a good 12 weeks earlier if we are going to field candidates and also to establish our electoral register for the said election.

My feeling is she should stop rushing. It is not in our interest. She should invoke art 50 only after the European Parliament elections in which we field candidates as normal.

There are 2 main groups that are trying to rush her (1) European leaders. We have defecated in the EU nest and they want rid of us as soon as possible. (2) The OUT NOW Brexiters who seem blissfully unaware of how damaging rushing would be.

Mrs May should take her time. It is a good strategy in any event.

Really?

King what you fail to understand is that the big manufacturers are all foreign owned,and manufacture here due to Gov backhanders such as grants and tax breaks.

I answered to your wild guess that "we don't manufacture anything really and we have no power reserves".

Now new subject, same as all the other nonsense.

The two balls in three cups game I call it.

This really is a fascinating googling competition. Watching with interest

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

Oh won't the racists just love it if we let more Indians in.

King does fail to understand just how much of our business is foreign owned. A crash in the pound makes less profit for them, hence the biggest chip factory in the world is putting prices up after months of cut throats price reductions.

Just how many companies do DB own?

Eon

Edf

Toyota

Nissan

Jaguar Land Rover

Then we get the financial firms who might just head offices abroad.

By the way, no google in sight but oops that ain't British either

Have you actually read that link you gave?

"UK manufacturing used to account for over 50% of the size of the economy. Now, manufacturing accounts for around 12-15%."

"Note: many UK car firms may be owned by foreign companies."

(as are energy companies, the remnants of our steel industry and our future nuclear power generation)

Also the graph shows that of our largest individual export partners:

2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th and 9th are individual EU countries (of course the EU as a whole are the largest - by FAR)

In fact, it clearly shows the US - our largest export partner (of which military equipment is a significant part) is only 2% larger than Germany on its own excluding all the rest of the EU

What point were you actually trying to make with that link king?

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Have you actually read that link you gave?

"UK manufacturing used to account for over 50% of the size of the economy. Now, manufacturing accounts for around 12-15%."

"Note: many UK car firms may be owned by foreign companies."

(as are energy companies, the remnants of our steel industry and our future nuclear power generation)

Also the graph shows that of our largest individual export partners:

2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th and 9th are individual EU countries (of course the EU as a whole are the largest - by FAR)

In fact, it clearly shows the US - our largest export partner (of which military equipment is a significant part) is only 2% larger than Germany on its own excluding all the rest of the EU

What point were you actually trying to make with that link king?

You need to read past the first two lines.

Hard, I know.

But just try...

The end of the world is nigh!

Certainly looks that way :lol:

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks