• Tweets

• if i remember rightly, long ago in one of the first drafts of the old proposed gov't overhauls, there was a listing of recommended 'charges' that inc wrong reg = £20. some PPC's implemented such changes in advance. then later as it looked increasing likely the new code was never going to be implemented after it's 1st review and another set of codes was to be debated they all quietly revert back .......... dx
    • Potentially it may not even get sold on? Just the default left for 6 years then gone? but if it is sold on ill get a letter from the DCA which is the notice of assignment? Sorry what is the different between a default notice and a default cal marker? yes, i may try and work arrangements out with the OCs after the breathing space but I'll see my circumstances then thank you again for all your help and patience, I really appreciate it and apologies If i am too fast or repeating myself.
    • receiving a default NOTICE (forget simple default cal markers) does not mean it will get sold on... OC's very very rarely do court themselves.  if it does you would receive a Notice of Assignment from the debt buyer/DCA.  as for reduced payment if it remains with the OC and they issue a DN, no harm in trying but lets get all your ducks inline first. dx  
    • okay thanks do you know how long it will take for it to get to the DCA or could the OC try and issue a CCJ? even though it's unlikely also for example would the OC agree to a reduction and a small payment over a super lengthy period of time if agreed? Rather than go through chasing apologies again for all the questions, just trying to understand all the possible scenarios.  
    • Currently - "the maximum daily price at 100p / kWh for electricity and 30p / kWh for gas – keep in mind that's a lot higher than the Ofgem Energy Price Cap, so if you can't afford prices to increase further, you're probably better off sticking with a protected tariff such as Flexible Octopus." Octopus Tracker is a product of our labs, available now to customers through our beta programme. Octopus Tracker is a beta product. Some things may not work the first time, and installations and processes may take longer than we'd like. Third party tech like In-home Displays won't always work, and on occasion data issues with smart meters can take significant time to fix or prevent things from working at all.   Copied straight from octopus   Feel free to shove it somewhere else    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Kevin Maguire wrote this in the Mirror yesterday. Not my favourite paper, but interesting comments.

Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage and Michael Gove are slippery charlatans who weaved a web of treachery to promote their jaundiced ideologies above the nation’s true interest

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/its-time-blame-brexiteers-economic-9059814

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Kevin Maguire wrote this in the Mirror yesterday. Not my favourite paper, but interesting comments.

Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage and Michael Gove are slippery charlatans who weaved a web of treachery to promote their jaundiced ideologies above the nation’s true interest

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/its-time-blame-brexiteers-economic-9059814

HB

Sounds like a quote from a Shakespeare Novel. No change over the centuries.

On a positive note, if I was in the Euro I would be loading up on Sterling as the last time we had parity between €/£ was the property/banks collapse in 2007-8. I reckon a very short term 20% return on investment is achievable.

and hows that working out for you?

If you actioned what you said there, unless you are a VERY major money market trader (and even most of those) you are sitting on losses currently.

So when is this $1,45+ 'short term' going to appear?

I project its at its best apart from minor blips over the next 4-6 months, with much lower most likely.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

This is an interesting article: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/15/the-rise-of-hateful-little-england.html

Once more, we are seeing examples of Brexit fuelled hooliganism:

What's the EU got to do with Muslims, or crimes related to race or religion? With a few exception, the majority of EU citizens are white Christians. Brexiting isn't going to alter the number of Muslims or people from other ethnic groups. I used the word hooliganism because it reminded me of those who purport to be football supporter but are, in fact, just looking for trouble and use football as an excuse. Same here. :mad2:

I've attempted to explain many times here that the issues of illegal immigrants, asylum seekers, Abu Hamza, British Muslim women, etc. have nothing to do with EU citizens expelled by Britons.

On 13th October 2016 19:01 following was directly posted to me by king12345: 'The one who doesn't understand the basic concepts of life is you, not the brexitiers. You think to be the sharpest tool in the box, but you can't even read 2 lines without losing concentration. We, the brexitiers, know exactly the difference between illegal immigrants, asylum seekers and EU citizens. The fact that I made a comment mentioning illegal immigrants, doesn't mean that i think EU citizens are illegally coming in UK. I probably speak for everyone else here on CAGicon and possibly the majority in the real world when I say that you have no right to call brexitiers "ignorant". We got up in the morning on the day, went to the polling station and expressed our preference, fulfilling the civil duty of good citizens. You and many others decided to sink your derriere on the sofa, watching Jeremy Kyle. Now you arrogantly want to call us stupid. As far as i am concerned, the moment you decided that voting was for losers and "stupids", you gave up your right to complain or even comment on the matter.'

What can you conclude? I rest my case....

Noah

As an ardent remainer, I do think that you are being particularly unkind to the UK. The UK has some beautiful and historic countryside, some fantastic buildings and can be a wonderful place.

Having said that I am truly concerned about how we will survive the fallout of leaving the EU , come to that , will the EU survive in a recognisable form.

I do think that British experience and nature is different from mainland europe , maybe because we have not had constantly shifting borders, wars, occupations. Remember Italy and Germany are only 150 ish years old.

the debate about brexit will rumble on for years but everyone should remember a few things

The referendum was only ADVISORY - although maybe any government would be silly to go against it

Yes 52% voted to leave but 28% didn't vote, want they actually wanted we will never know

Out of the 52 % that voted leave , there may have been several reasons for the vote , but there again the remainers possibly had various reasons to want to remain

As the referendum was only advisory and we live in a representative and not direct democracy I think that Parliament must be involved in the negotiations because there is no mandate for either side to act in a particular way - that would come from a general election and manifesto promises.

This thread wasn't aimed to admire or dispute beauty of the nature and there are many attractive places in the world, that's why Britons travel all over the world. You probably can't hear yourself hearing that you complained about doing others just the same. On the same token I can say that you're particularly unkind to visitors who wish to see Britain. Just to balance my statement, Britain has a huge problem with immigration and will continue having even more in the future considering refugees crisis or third world countries. My point was that the British choose to resolve immigration problem by expelling Europeans significantly contributing to British society. Therefore I'm a hard Brexiter, simply because Britain exploited Europe and had plan to continue doing so.

Nobody disputes that Britain has been protected because of natural borders, but this was again not the point of this thread.

I've attempted to explain many times here that the issues of illegal immigrants, asylum seekers, Abu Hamza, British Muslim women, etc. have nothing to do with EU citizens expelled by Britons.

So you think it's fair to "tolerate" (for want of a better word) illegal immigrants, asylum seekers, Muslims, etc. but EU citizens should be expelled, even when they all came here lawfully? That goes beyond discrimination and into "ethnic cleansing" territory.

On 13th October 2016 19:01 following was directly posted to me by king12345: 'The one who doesn't understand the basic concepts of life is you, not the brexitiers. You think to be the sharpest tool in the box, but you can't even read 2 lines without losing concentration. We, the brexitiers, know exactly the difference between illegal immigrants, asylum seekers and EU citizens. The fact that I made a comment mentioning illegal immigrants, doesn't mean that i think EU citizens are illegally coming in UK. I probably speak for everyone else here on CAGicon and possibly the majority in the real world when I say that you have no right to call brexitiers "ignorant". We got up in the morning on the day, went to the polling station and expressed our preference, fulfilling the civil duty of good citizens.

When you are talking about 17m people you have all sorts, some more ignorant than others. I started the thread to refer specifically to those who thought people who had been living here lawfully all their lives would be deported. The vote was for leaving the EU without providing any detail as to what that would involve. I think I've said this before, it was like asking you whether you'd like to stay in the UK or you'd rather emigrate to another country, without making any reference to what country or under which circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Thyme View Post

16 and 17 year olds who couldn't vote but will be of age by the time Brexit is finalised, and possible a few who may have changed their mind. Is that what's REALLY worrying you lot?

I was thinking of the 18 year olds plus

If those of a more mature age did not understand the question and what the outcome would be, what hope will there be for those who only just reached voting age !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

So you think it's fair to "tolerate" (for want of a better word) illegal immigrants, asylum seekers, Muslims, etc. but EU citizens should be expelled, even when they all came here lawfully? That goes beyond discrimination and into "ethnic cleansing" territory.

When you are talking about 17m people you have all sorts, some more ignorant than others. I started the thread to refer specifically to those who thought people who had been living here lawfully all their lives would be deported. The vote was for leaving the EU without providing any detail as to what that would involve. I think I've said this before, it was like asking you whether you'd like to stay in the UK or you'd rather emigrate to another country, without making any reference to what country or under which circumstances.

My point was that EU citizensall caming here lawfully, and being expelled through Brexit was a very bad problem solution by Britons.

If those of a more mature age did not understand the question and what the outcome would be, what hope will there be for those who only just reached voting age !

Nobody knew what the outcome would be, not even those who put the question forward, it was a rather vague question which every voter interpreted in their own way. However, the young ones are more likely to be affected if they had plans to live, work and study abroad. A lot of the over 60s voted leave, if they were planning to retire in the sun they'd have done so by now, those still here don't have any plans to take advantage of EU free movement, that doesn't mean the younger ones wouldn't.

Yes but there was a contingent of the younger generation who complained it was the older generation which caused the outcome. Why didn't the young people just vote for the status quo if they thought it was all hunky dory. Is the real question should a referendum been allowed. I wonder what the vote on that would have been.

Yes but there was a contingent of the younger generation who complained it was the older generation which caused the outcome. Why didn't the young people just vote for the status quo if they thought it was all hunky dory. Is the real question should a referendum been allowed. I wonder what the vote on that would have been.

I would say no, because the average citizen is not qualified to make a decision of that magnitude, and no-one was in full possession of the facts. Most people based their vote on their own little world and their perception of things. If they thought Polish builders were stealing their job, they'd vote leave, without any regard to the big picture. Similarly, many thought the money paid to the EU would go towards the NHS. Isn't it funny that there should have been so much talk about the NHS being overstretched just in time for the referendum?

Also the referendum was intended for CaMoron to gain the vote of UKIPers and divert attention from all the devastating effects of his austerity program, WHO would have voted for yet more austerity? Only he focused on Europe and many were misled into thinking that immigration was the reason for austerity and that Brexit would put an end to it.

Consumer dude ..just how many threads do you intend to create on the same subject ? Seriously thinking of merging them all into one...

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Consumer dude ..just how many threads do you intend to create on the same subject ? Seriously thinking of merging them all into one...

Andy

Good idea !

Or just one politics thread, so those that want to read and debate politics have one thread. I know that a lot of people get put off by political subjects and therefore may not be interested in the Bear Garden as a result, if it is dominated by many threads on political issues.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Andy

Either that or change the forum title to 'Consumer Dude's Bear Garden' OR an entirely new forum dedicated to him!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Sadly some young supposedly educated people did vote to leave and when you listen to them you hear their parents words coming out of their mouths. I say that because when challenged they can not back up their arguments.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Hi Noah

I think the real ignorance here was King when they stated 'You and many others decided to sink your derriere on the sofa, watching Jeremy Kyle.'

Firstly , even though many may disagree, it is not a crime to watch Jeremy Kyle but more importantly King seemed to be suggesting, and I don't think it was for the first time that people that do not agree with him/her and somehow underclass **** . I have issues with that phrase on so many levels.

What has amazed me is how this issue of the EU transcends class, gender and culture and how quickly people forget that this country is a melting pot of beliefs and traditions and also if it were not for us opening our doors to refugees from parts of the world , some of these people would not be alive today.

It seems that significant numbers of people are racist and xenophobic

It seems that a significant number of people do not actually no what they voted for other than to leave the EU, I suspect that some believed Boris when he said that if we voted to leave the EU would roll over and give us what cameron had asked for - in reality , is it likely that they would set that precedent , leaving any other country free to do the same

It seems that a significant number of people do not understand the global economy or Britains place in it, we have a small manufacturing base so we have to import much of what we eat, drink and use. The £ has fallen meaning that inflation MUST rise on imports but also on many of the raw materials that we use in the minimal manufacturing base we still have. There is no option to buy british for many things.

Some people seem to say that the £ has been over valued , I doubt that - if you visit continental europe , it is true that even at !.40 many of the global brands are more expensive than here and not at the rate we have they are extortionate so I suspect that the rate of 1.40-1.50 is probably about the right rate for balance.

The EU is not perfect and is still an advocate of capitalism but I believe that we would be better off as a country to remain in it and try to reform it from within.

I think that the real consequences of leaving will not start to show themselves until next year with inflation rising steeply. I don't drive but I believe that petrol has increased very significantly in price.

When inflation rises , the people who will suffer the most will be the poorer people in society including pensioners

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Hi Noah

I think the real ignorance here was King when they stated 'You and many others decided to sink your derriere on the sofa, watching Jeremy Kyle.'

Firstly , even though many may disagree, it is not a crime to watch Jeremy Kyle but more importantly King seemed to be suggesting, and I don't think it was for the first time that people that do not agree with him/her and somehow underclass **** . I have issues with that phrase on so many levels.

What has amazed me is how this issue of the EU transcends class, gender and culture and how quickly people forget that this country is a melting pot of beliefs and traditions and also if it were not for us opening our doors to refugees from parts of the world , some of these people would not be alive today.

It seems that significant numbers of people are racist and xenophobic

It seems that a significant number of people do not actually no what they voted for other than to leave the EU, I suspect that some believed Boris when he said that if we voted to leave the EU would roll over and give us what cameron had asked for - in reality , is it likely that they would set that precedent , leaving any other country free to do the same

It seems that a significant number of people do not understand the global economy or Britains place in it, we have a small manufacturing base so we have to import much of what we eat, drink and use. The £ has fallen meaning that inflation MUST rise on imports but also on many of the raw materials that we use in the minimal manufacturing base we still have. There is no option to buy british for many things.

Some people seem to say that the £ has been over valued , I doubt that - if you visit continental europe , it is true that even at !.40 many of the global brands are more expensive than here and not at the rate we have they are extortionate so I suspect that the rate of 1.40-1.50 is probably about the right rate for balance.

The EU is not perfect and is still an advocate of capitalism but I believe that we would be better off as a country to remain in it and try to reform it from within.

I think that the real consequences of leaving will not start to show themselves until next year with inflation rising steeply. I don't drive but I believe that petrol has increased very significantly in price.

When inflation rises , the people who will suffer the most will be the poorer people in society including pensioners

Stirring an empty pot of bother.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks