• Tweets

• did you submit your directions
    • They have defended the claim by saying that the job was of unsatisfactory standard and they had to call another carpenter to remedy. My husband has text messages about them losing the keys a second time and also an email. What do they hope to achieve??? Most importantly,  as far as I have seen online, now I need to wait for paperwork from the court, correct?
    • The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
    • Here are 7 of our top tips to help you connect with young people who have left school or otherwise disengaged.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Tawnyowl,

In fact this was the area manager I was speaking to.

he said I wasn't helping myself or the store refusing to hand the stuff back Ive been paying on back.

he said he knows the inns and outs of the law being involved in hire purchase. surely they could give me longer terms on everything but hes saying he can't do that otherthan two items.

Hi Claire just looking at a few things ,reading the thread again.

Not happy with the way you are being treated.

Jason said on the 9th September at 8.47am

I have spoken to the Customer Relations Team and they have seen and responded to your second e-mail. It seems you have not seen the response they sent you via e-mail, would it be possible for you to check your Junk in case their e-mails to you are automatically going there?

They are also sending you a hard copy to your home address today which should be with you within 48 hours.

End quote.

Did you receive the emails and the hard copy.As 3 days have gone now.

At the moment i have to have some faith in Jason of Brighthouse.

If you have not received the emails which have times sent and hard copy with date sent etc ,well thoughts for the future But not letting that out at the moment.

If you have what did they say without any personal details such as name ,account numbers .Things like that.

I see you had a chat with Customer Relations and seemed reasonably happy and filled out a Income and expenditure form which must have shown that you could only afford 40 pound on your income of 110 pounds a week due to a change in circumstances.

Then everything started to go downhill.

You rang the store and offered to pay the 40.00 and they then asked for 43.00 which you paid by card.

Now this store knew that you were struggling and your circumstances.Really on your income you could not afford the 3.00 as small as that sounds to some.

Every penny counts.At the moment.

Then as it sounds afterwards not before,correct me if i am wrong you paid the 43.00 you received numerous messages and calls from the local store would that be. s Not perhaps Head Office demanding the full payment of 70.00 a week would that be.

Then we move on to the Area Manager who says after a short conversation pay the full amount which i suppose is 70.00 or hand the articles back.Followed by the 50% mention and the unreasonable,not helping and this will continue.

Just wondering in this situation do any extra charges come in .I will check later or tomorrow morning.

Keep as many letters as possible,emails sent and received., and if possible record calls,take times everything.

Write it down.The dates.

On your side.Just letting you know that.

This has not finished by any means. Thank you for keeping us updated.Appreciate that.

Of course others will help as i feel this situation will anger many.

Last thought for now if only everyone had a Truecall telephone. Maybe some will not know what that is so a link that explains.I will add and edit and tidy up the post later.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?320-Truecall.-The-Rolls-Royce-of-telephone-records

Tawnyowl.

First email I sent them was the 3 Sep where I received an automated response saying someone would be in touch within 48 hours.

I waited and heard nothing.

I then sent another email on the Sep 8 at 4:43 PM which I received an automated email saying they'd be in touch as I had stated in the 2nd email I had heard nothing from them regarding my 1st email.

it wasn't until Sep 9 at 9:27 AM where the Brighthouse rep said they had received both emails.

Thank you for getting in contact with us. I have been made aware of your

contact with us via Consumer Action Group, and I have received both of your emails to us.

I have paased your information across to the Regional

Manager and asked them to contact you regarding your payments

. I have explained that you are facing financial difficulties and they would like to çontact you to discuss your account and to help resolve the situation.

That's the only email contact I've had from Brighthouse.

Two automated responses and the above email.

I've gone through my spam folder and trash 3 times and nothing in there from Brighthouse.

I've received one letter which was this morning from customer services about our chat on phone on Tues gone where I went through the expenditure form with them and they even agreed I had lost a lot each week and that they'd contact area manager.

I've had no more letters just numerous text messages and phone calls for payment.

Yesterday when I rang to make payment the y asked for £44.50 but I couldn't pay that so he went away and came back to phone asking for £43.50 I paid £43.

The letter today from Customer relations is dated the 9th Sep saying about my two emails and that they had tried contacting me to discuss the complaint..

.I was in the dentist on the Wednesday so couldn't speak to them

they contacted me later and that was when we done the expenditure form.

then it says that they have passed it to regional manager to get them to contact me to discuss the problems I'm having with my accout and to put in place suitable measures to help resolve my situation.

I tried recording the call today on phone but it wouldn't record on the memo thing on the phone.

I have recordings of calls and the one where they asked for £44.50 yesterday as I had put the house phone on loud speaker whilst recording to my mobile.

Since speaking with the area manager my head is pounding which has really caused me stress and sure my blood pressure has risen.

I can't help but cry.

all I want is them to accept my payment of £40 or as they've asked £43.

really appreciate every ones support on this forum.

if it weren't for you lot helping people we'd all be in a worse situation when it comes to dealing with this company.

Would a complaint to the FCA be worth trying?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Claire.

Once again i appreciate you coming back and keeping us updated.

It really helps us see exactly what is going on.

As for how far to go i can assure you i am thinking of that.Regularly.Planning things if needed.Not got to that stage.Yet.

And as you are doing keep everything even the envelope.Maybe i am going to far but you can never be to careful when dealing with companies.

As i learned a while ago.Be strong i can feel your confidence returning.Since you first arrived.Relax we do not want your blood pressure rising.

Treat it as a journey where you have made the first few steps.See where it leads.

Your cause is just i feel.

Easier said than done i suppose.Some of us have been through situations plenty of times before.

One time my blood speed was measured when i had trouble and was going 2 meters per second.Maybe that is normal i did not dare to ask.

Bye for now back tomorrow

Tawnyowl.

Thanks Tawnyowl,

In fact this was the area manager I was speaking to.

he said I wasn't helping myself or the store refusing to hand the stuff back Ive been paying on back.

he said he knows the inns and outs of the law being involved in hire purchase. surely they could give me longer terms on everything but hes saying he can't do that otherthan two items.

First email I sent them was the 3 Sep where I received an automated response saying someone would be in touch within 48 hours.

I waited and heard nothing.

I then sent another email on the Sep 8 at 4:43 PM which I received an automated email saying they'd be in touch as I had stated in the 2nd email I had heard nothing from them regarding my 1st email.

it wasn't until Sep 9 at 9:27 AM where the Brighthouse rep said they had received both emails.

Thank you for getting in contact with us. I have been made aware of your

contact with us via Consumer Action Group, and I have received both of your emails to us.

I have paased your information across to the Regional

Manager and asked them to contact you regarding your payments

. I have explained that you are facing financial difficulties and they would like to çontact you to discuss your account and to help resolve the situation.

That's the only email contact I've had from Brighthouse.

Two automated responses and the above email.

I've gone through my spam folder and trash 3 times and nothing in there from Brighthouse.

I've received one letter which was this morning from customer services about our chat on phone on Tues gone where I went through the expenditure form with them and they even agreed I had lost a lot each week and that they'd contact area manager.

I've had no more letters just numerous text messages and phone calls for payment.

Yesterday when I rang to make payment the y asked for £44.50 but I couldn't pay that so he went away and came back to phone asking for £43.50 I paid £43.

The letter today from Customer relations is dated the 9th Sep saying about my two emails and that they had tried contacting me to discuss the complaint..

.I was in the dentist on the Wednesday so couldn't speak to them

they contacted me later and that was when we done the expenditure form.

then it says that they have passed it to regional manager to get them to contact me to discuss the problems I'm having with my accout and to put in place suitable measures to help resolve my situation.

I tried recording the call today on phone but it wouldn't record on the memo thing on the phone.

I have recordings of calls and the one where they asked for £44.50 yesterday as I had put the house phone on loud speaker whilst recording to my mobile.

Since speaking with the area manager my head is pounding which has really caused me stress and sure my blood pressure has risen.

I can't help but cry.

all I want is them to accept my payment of £40 or as they've asked £43.

really appreciate every ones support on this forum.

if it weren't for you lot helping people we'd all be in a worse situation when it comes to dealing with this company.

Would a complaint to the FCA be worth trying?

Hi Claire0o0

you have done as they have asked, and if they will not take the 40.00 a week that you are offering, then they are in the wrong? as you are still willing to pay more then 50% of your weekly bill, its them that are not helping.

Don't cry anymore, or get upset, as you have done all you can, the only way they can get the items back? is if you let them take them, or if they take you to court?? and they never take anyone to court,

Please take the time to read over some of the BH posts in here, to put your mind at rest,

I have not paid BH anything from 2012, as i am taking them to court, regarding the OSC and DLC. i did what you have done and made them an offer of payment? but they would not take it, I even sent a complaint to FOS and some 8 to 10 months later they sent me a letter saying they could not help me Regarding the OSC or DLC, and this is why i'm now going to court.

you are in safe hands on CAG!

Back for a short time. 8.00am Sunday.

I read dx100uks post and thought to myself i will look around find out a little more about Brighthouse.

I know there are threads here but like to find out things by myself.

Interesting marcus6.

Have you got a thread.Telling us how you are taking them to court regarding OSC AND DLC and how you go about such things.

And your complaint to the FOS. What Happened to you was it a change in circumstances.And the final response letter from Brighthouse etc.

Would be a interesting thread.Maybe it is somewhere already.

Seems you are up-to this stage.

If you do not want to accept a decision by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and you have not used an independent complaints scheme, as a last resort you may be able to take your case to court.

You would usually start civil legal action in the county courts or High Court (in England, Wales and Northern Ireland), depending on the circumstances of the case. In Scotland, most small claims are started in the Sheriff Courts.

Ah i see it.Maybe some others will find your thread interesting.Wish you all the best Marcus6.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ood-backs-help

Back to you Claire

Noticed a chap called Leo McKee is CEO of this company

Born 1946 Brought up in the East End of Glasgow one of 5 children.

Now a recession was on,fuel shortages,raging unemployment.Freezing winter

A tough place to be,Glasgow in the 40s

Would qute like the fellow if it was not for his job.

Seems strange now after that beginning to be working for a company that targets people in poor areas.

One of his sayings is

In any consumer-facing business reputation is vital. In the rent-to-own model, providing a consistent quality of service and supporting our customers if they encounter difficulties is central to what we do. End Quote.

Noticed also he visits some of his shops weekly.

Interesting that a MP donned a uniform and served a few customers.I cannot imagine my MP doing such a thing.

I would ask many questions if this was to happen where i live.

Anyway back to the CEO of Brighthouse as i like to see who we are dealing with perhaps sooner or later.

Likes Rugby and wears the uniform sometimes,whatever gets you going is fine.Pink shirt and spotty tie.

He also says quote.

It is important to engage with those who wish to comment on, or to understand better, our business. I often tailor my programme of store visits on a Thursday or a Friday to meet with such individuals or groups. For any retailer, engaging with potential enquirers or critics should be of value.

Noted.

Likes talking to customers who he says do not hold back and grins.

Ok noted for the future perhaps.

A burly chap,mmm slightly worrying,only joking.

Yearns to join his local dramatics society.

No need your stage is set in your stores.Plenty of dramatics there and you have lead role.

Enough of that let us take a look at what others are saying.

Now maybe some changes have been made since these reports but give people a look at the business model perhaps.And some as myself have not had dealings with Brighthouse before.

£780 for a £229 tumbledryer!? MPs urge crackdown on rent-to-own retailers that charge poorest families three times as much to buy household goods in instalments

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2947383/780-229-tumbledryer-MPs-urge-crackdown-rent-retailers.html

Rent-to-own customers face rip-off interest rates of 94%, say MPs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31356150

The City watchdog’s director of consumer lending Linda Woodall claims correspondence with BrightHouse, has unearthed “concerning statistics” and set off “alarm bells”,

Some are saying these kinds of companies are the retail version of legal loan sharks.

Very interesting for this old owl.

BrightHouse, – and others are or maybe already ongoing i will check facing investigation by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), following concerning customer non-payment rates.

A touch more info .

Inquiry into the rent to own market.

http://www.appgdebt.org/inquiry/

Well Claire now i know what these stores do.

They target people in the poorest parts of Britain.A big market that is expanding.Time for action. Time is tight today but just putting a link on for the FCA

so you can look round get used to the site.See how perhaps shortly you may complain.Have a good root around.

I believe the FCA do not handle individual complaints i feel the FOS does that so will put that link down also.

FCA First.

How to complain.

http://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/complaints-and-compensation/how-to-complain

FOS How to complain.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Which of course if needed we will help you with.Take great pleasure in doing such a thing.

But first it is the Final Response letter needed.

Just letting you know myself and others are keeping a close eye on your thread.

I know it is a lot to look through but you have time to plan things and feel comfortable by then just in case you decide to go further after Final Response letter.

Which when arrives you must read very very carefully.

Well i guess that is my friendly relationship with Jason out of the window. Becoming a distant memory now.

He will know what i am saying,maybe even deep down he agrees.The people of Great Britain who are struggling do not need predators targeting them this way at this time or any time.Your business model is lacking for the consumer and only lining the predators pockets.

Not saying there is not demand there there clearly is but should not take advantage of the situation this way.

We will not give up till things are made fair.

Why is it the poorest in society always end up paying more.

Also now wondering what pressure are the staff under.I will find out.By asking if needed.There are ways.

And please whoever you are wherever you are .

Look into joining your local credit union.See what they can do for you.Walk through the door and have a chat.Have a look round their website.

You may be surprised.

Link here.

http://www.findyourcreditunion.co.uk/home

Bye for now have a nice enjoyable Sunday Claire.

Tawnyowl

Thanks marcus6

I have only just noticed that the link i put on had not worked.Should have checked.

I will severely punish myself for this error.Will follow your thread marcus6 all the best.

Hope you are feeling well Claire any updates give us a shout.

I have been going through a few things.

Brighthouse said.

We are members of the Finance and Leasing Association (FLA), the main representative organisation for consumer credit in the UK. As a member, we abide by the standards of good practice contained within the FLA lending code. Should you wish to contact the FLA you can do so.

Just been looking at the code especially how complaints should be handled,difficulties in paying .Things like that.Nothing sinister just looking.

Maybe some may want a look at things.Have a good look around.Menu on the right hand side as soon as you enter.

There you go.Also putting it here for quick reference if needed in the future.

http://www.brighthouse.co.uk/Global/pdfs/FLALendingCode2012pdf.pdf

Also Claire you said.Quote

I suffer seriously high blood pressure which I'm on medication for .End quote.

I am no expert but is this a long term condition.This can be very dangerous i believe.

Just thinking of things that is all.

Also noted that you were getting tired of the phone calls and texts from the company even though you had offered a payment of 40 pounds a week.

Feeling perhaps this was verging on harassment.And also asking perhaps for some sort of letter template to stop them.

First of all i will put a link on that explains a few things.

Harassment by creditors

It also tells you what kind of behaviour is not acceptable and how to tell if you are being harassed by a creditor. Harassment is any action that makes you feel distressed, humiliated or threatened.

If you feel you are being harassed by a creditor, there are several things you can do to stop them doing it.

Thinking of this.

1-putting pressure on you to pay in larger installments when you can't afford to.And telephoning you after making a fair offer.

Now if you are feeling harassed have a look at this.If you or anyone reading this feels this way this could help you and seems easy to do.

Sample letter

Creditor harassment warning (sole name)

​Use this letter to tell your creditor if you think they are harassing you, and ask them to stop.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/sampleletters/sole-letters/Pages/Creditor-harassment-warning-(sole-name).aspx

Now looking back in thread for the day you perhaps made the complaint.I believe this was possibly the 3rd of September What did you say.

Hopefully by email. I suppose it would be something like

Claire Here- Good morning Mr Brighthouse

I wish to make a complaint against my local store and your company. My circumstances changed and i am unable at the moment to pay my full weekly payment.

I tried to make a arrangement to pay 40.00 a week but it seems this is just not good enough for you and now you want me to return articles to local store.

I suffer from high blood pressure and i am on medication for it and am feeling very vulnerable at this moment in time.All i asked for was a little time a little forbearance till my circumstances improve.I have been a loyal customer of yours for about a year.I have tried to be fair and reasonable in my offer but really it seems you are not listening.You keep asking for more just like Oliver in Oliver Twist.

So i have to make a formal complaint having looked into your complaints procedures and look forward to your early reply to resolve this issue.

Good morning Mr Brighthouse and have a nice day.

Best wishes Claire. Something like that.

Then we would be up to here.

If we are unable to resolve your complaint the same day we will:

Confirm and acknowledge your complaint in writing- Seems not

Endeavour to call you no later than 48 hours after you contact us- First email sent 3rd Sept so did not try hard enough.

Work with you on an amicable and fair resolution-- I do not think you were treated fairly by the shop or the area manager or regional manager,whatever.

Keep you updated on progress--If complaint in not really keeping you updated

Send you a final response letter, detailing our findings and any resolution-

Just trying to make sure all procedures are being correctly done.

Once again so little movement required by Brighthouse.

The communication between Customer Services,relations , Store managers and shop staff and area managers seems to need addressing keeping up-to date.

One perhaps does not know what the other is doing half the time.

For the customers sake.

Sure there was something else that i wanted to say,cannot quite remember,age is my excuse let me think for a moment .

Or maybe as Leo McKee CEO of Brighthouse who i could like if it was not for his job like some Amateur Dramatics. A man who born in the East End of Glasgow many years ago during a raging recession,high unemployment,freezing cold,poor area,coal shortages many things whose father installed a work ethic into him at a early age .Who then went to University.Two years in left to join the Coop,moved round a few companies then arrived at Brighthouse.Likes to meet his customers and critics on the shop floor.A shrewd Scotsman.

Hard to understand why he chose this company after such a journey through life.Maybe even at the top a job is a job.

Not hard to admire and like such a man.Myself anyway.

I am getting quite interested in Brighthouse which slightly worries me.

Ah i remember why i came back. Many perhaps are reading this out there in web-land perhaps have had are are having problems with Brighthouse or any of the rent to own stores.Perhaps you want to tell your story,ask for help and advice.Well feel free come on in and tell us your story.

Registration is free and many are interested in what is going on out there.

Registration page link here.Hope to hear your story,experience,problem soon.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

Hope to hear something positive soon Claire

Oh just another couple of things then i am off-

You said quote

The store manager is refusing to rewrite all of them but can do 2 which still would put me in arrears for the rest. End quote.

Just wondering about the possible arrears.Without me looking to hard what charges are made when in arrears.

Also somewhere in this thread you said charges were going to be added from Monday 7th of September.

Have any been made.

Bye for now

Tawnyowl

Ever wondered Claire what a Customer Complaints Analyst does.At Brighthouse.

Would anyone fancy the job.

Duties and Responsibilities

Monitor resolution rates by site for Supply Chain Customer Complaints, highlighting any areas of concern.

Provide root cause analysis for all Supply Chain Customer complaints on a Weekly Basis.

Identify any process issues which may be contributing to the type and level of complaints being raised.

Engage key stakeholders in developing plans to improve areas that require corrective action.

Monitor and develop reporting details of any improvements made to operations procedures to

ensure improvements are maintained.

If you want to know more take a look.Feel if you do you may be rather busy.Maybe apply wherever you are in Webland.

Get a inside look at things.Feel the pressure perhaps.

http://neuvoo.co.uk/view/?id=tgvrtpu0y2&source=twitter&lang=en&client_id=554&l=Manchester%2C+England%2C+GB&k=Customer+Complaints+Analyst

Interesting on another site they have staff videos telling people how excellent it is working there.

Thought, make video of customers telling how things changed when in difficulty paying.

Looking forward to any updates Claire,no rush just letting you know we are still around.Hope all is well.

Tawnyowl.

What can i say i have gone all through this thread writing Brighthouse when it should be BrightHouse.

What i am feeling now i can not explain.As i try to be correct,or do as best as i can.

I am now going to kick myself round the kitchen out of the door down the street and back again.

I should have clicked ages ago when things went yellow.

Grrr. :mad2:

Hope all is well Clare and things are working out.

And your health and blood-pressure is ok.

Best wishes

Tawnyowl.

• 4 weeks later...

Awfully sorry its taken me time to update this.

when I mentioned I was constantly gettting text messages and phone calls from the store and customer relations

well this continued up until a week and half ago

a really nice guy at customer relations team who said that everything had been documented

and would I like to make a complaint against the manager of the store for refusing to help me sort the problem out I said yes.

I also made complaints to the OFT and FCA about them.

..well other week I went to pay the £40 over phone and the girl stated we can't keep continuing to take just £40

as your account is going into arrears all the time

I stood my ground and told them that is all they are getting

and you all know my circumstances and I'm not going through it again.

she said the manager will ring me back later which he did

he asked if I'd hand the stuff over which I refused and he then asked me to call into store on the Saturday and sort the agreements out at the £40.

I went into the store and sat there for over 2 hours waiting for them to sort my account out.

I received new agreements where all the insurances/arrears etc were taken off

given me much shorter weeks on the stuff.

some finish in a few month so I'm well pleased with that.

I never even knew they had all this insurance on when they knew and had copies of my own home insurance.

I'm just pleased it got sorted and would like to thank you all for advising me.

Glad you got it sorted. Just make sure they havent made you sign brand new agreements. You just want your old one modified.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

so you let them get away with charging the insurances for all those years/months

and not taking the payments already made against them off your outstanding balance?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Claire

This insurance with BrightHouse.Seems things can get very complicated.

Just been looking about how to possibly claim this back.Well if your goods on HP were covered by you home contents policy for the time you have had them you must ask for this back.

BrightHouse say this.

28. Is your Product Insurance Cover optional or mandatory?

Your hire purchase agreement with BrightHouse contains an obligation to keep the relevant goods insured at all times against loss or damage caused by fire, theft or accident. You may have, or be thinking of buying, a household contents or other policy that will do this, which is perfectly acceptable. As an alternative, BrightHouse's Product Insurance Cover is available and provides cover for loss arising from the theft of your hire purchase goods or any loss or damage to them caused by fire or accident.

So it sounds like you should be successful.

Ah i see you say.

I received new agreements where all the insurances/arrears etc were taken off

given me much shorter weeks on the stuff.

some finish in a few month so I'm well pleased with that.

So already you have had insurance back.

Well if so i will leave this on for others. To look at.

But how many others are at this moment covered both by the stores insurance and their own home insurance.

A interesting thought.That may be costing people plenty.

And as you have been with them as you say

I've been a customer for a year with BrightHouse

A good sum received back to knock of your HP goods.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

the issue boils down to:

there are no legal or otherwise clauses or obligations in the HP 'act' itself, that says goods on HP must be covered by any insurances.

it is contained within the 'lenders' terms and conditions

as with all 'terms and conditions'

like bank charges and penalty charges on cards and loans

they CAN be challenged and reclaimed.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 11 months later...

Hello and thanks for allowing me to join this site.

I'm really hoping to get some advice on debts I'm struggling to pay.

I have 2 agreements with Perfect Homes and 2 with Brighthouse where I've been unable to pay for the last 5 weeks.

I also have old debts around 4 that range from £430 to £240 oweing.

plus a £1,000 debt with the electric board.

I have 3 defaults on my credit score when I checked..

I lost about £85 per week when my daughter left college and is now bringing nothing in whilst looking to find a job.

my partner is in ill health with heart and arthritus, depression and high blood pressure.

I have depression and high blood pressure.

he does receive dla at £450 per month which is mostly used for his care as he has bladder and bowel problems where he constantly has accidents and needs incontinence pads which are purchased from his dla.

he also has to be seen at hospital twice per week and doctors which also uses money up from dla for taxis etc aswell as purchasing underwear and clothing for him.

We also receive £251 fortnight esa which we then pay pre paid gas/electric meters and we put in around £30 to £40 per month due to winter on way.

travel costs for myself and daughter come off it.

food, water bill and rent arrears and council tax.

by the time we pay out we are lucky to have between £5 and £10 per month left.

I have explained all this to my debtors especially to Brighthouse and PH

but they want the £46 per week we used to pay them.

items we have are a bed, mattress, cooker, fridge.

I have been paying the fridge for 2 and half year and cooker over a year and 6 month on bed/mattress.

Now I've spoken and done an expenditure form of my outgoings etc and they have advised me to offer £1 to each or go down the bankruptcy route which I am very unsure of doing as in 3 year I will have to look for a job as my partner then would be entitled to his pension credit then pension.

Can somebody please advise as this is making me ill with worry and the banging on my door from Brighthouse/PH is every day even at 6pm demanding payment of arrears and charges.

Thank you in advance.

Well firstly, do not open your doors to either BH or PH, they are not bailiffs and legally can do nothing other than take you to court, which neither of them ever do. They will eventually sell your debt on to a DCA, who also have no legal powers.

Keep any communication in writing only, do not phone them and just laugh if they phone you.

They cannot come into your home to repossess goods despite what they may say, unless you allow them to take the goods back.

Work out your priority debts first, such as rent, council tax, then gas elec and water, these fools come at the bottom of the feeding pool.

Edited by martin2006

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Heck no, none of their business and do not go to the store, all they want to do is intimidate you into either paying or re-writing the agreements which you do not want to do.

Priority debts first, always.

The doorstep visits dont last forever, they will get fed up of keep coming to your doir and getting nowhere. Trick is dont blink first, stay in control.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Can you list the debts please and indicate the status of each, defaults are notoriously difficult to deal with.

Sign up to http://www.noddle.co.uk and/or http://www.clearscore.com to see whats still showing on your credit files.

Once we can see the full picture we can begin to wade through it

Positive 6

You have no Court or Insolvency data

You have made very few applications for credit in the past year

You have held at least one of your accounts for several years

You have very few / no accounts in arrears

You have stayed within your credit card limit in the past year

Your total credit card % utilisation is relatively low

Negative 3

You have had at least one account in Default or Repossession (T-MOBILE BROUGHT TO YOU BY EE, ORANGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY EE and 1 more)

You are not on the Electoral Roll at your current address

Your largest credit card limit is low

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tmobile default. on Noddle.

Also owe a £1,000 with electric company.

And the rent and council tax are they in arrears?

Is your landlord private ir council?

What about water, any arrears?

Sorry fo all the questions, there may well be more but in order to help we must have a full picture

The electric co debt, is that current provider or previous provider?