style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 810 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

ive got grande mal epilepsy some mental health problems and was diagnosed with copd lung age of 90

questions whoever he was was basically how my life was effected at present time didn't want to know any of history

it was strange as it goes against all the parameters and guidance to hcp laid out by dwp

well I got my decision yesterday 2 days after they told me they now had all the info the required its quite strange really, a total misreptresentation of what happened, I got standard rate for mobility however my middle rate for person care is scrapped. the d/m contradicts himself on numerous occasions

in his summary and indeed confirmed that I needed assistance in taking meds preparing meds bathing/waswhing and drying myself but said that didn't qualify as personal care neither did not being able to clear up after a bought of incontinse after grande mal.

beware it appears atos or who ever are now using covert cameras to observe as I was observed to be able to walk 20 mtrs but not 50 from where man from atos was there was no way he could see me

how long does it take for mandatory recon they've had mine since dec 15th last year admitted it was registered last week

do they have carte blanche

they can do anything they want without recourse yet if I were 1 day late with mandatory recon letter (I wasn't) id be shot

what a liberty

Yes. But they have thousands of other cases to look at as well.

Mine took about 4 weeks by the time I sent in the additional evidence.

well received result of m/r have now got to go to tribunal

strange letter from them it started "you sent no further evidence" but they went on to concede that grande mal epilepsy may cause confusion,

my question is they stated that they had all the medical evidence they needed but they never contacted anyone who could verify my illness nor did they consult the evidence they had ie. medical reports from their own appointed doctors and consultants when my award was first given, I know they have this as they said it was archived and would be passed onto the case manager.

a SAR is now required what can I ask for and isd their a template in the library.

had my tribunal regarding above 8 months after decision and stat reconsideration.

what a horrible bunch

judge wanted to know why I was there I told him that the reason I was appealing was that there was no mention anywhere of my epilepsy or depression even though I had told them so on app.form was asked to prove it so I showed him my indefinite award for dla review whivh had only taken place 3mths before atos appt. he disssmissed it saying that medical reports etc regarding that didn't make any difference and did I think that med reports would help my case, wasn't very happy when I said yes and pointed out to him the names and adds of med practioners involved on my app form whivh dwp hadn't bothered to contact. He then went on to ask me why I wasn't represented and advised me to see a welfare rights officer to represent me. He however adjourn for my doctors report.

He did agree with me that there were procedural errors ie. no test to ascertain the extent of my copd

I was on middle rate of dla for personal care but was given lower rate of molbility, and that I wasn't entitled to see med reports by dwp doctors on my epilepsy as dla was an old benefit and therefore did not apply.

He intimated that mine was a complex matter and there were inconsistencies in what id said and what a doctor on the panel thought.

Has he the right to say that I should never have been awarded lower rate of mobility therby wiping me off the figures and saving more money

I look forward to cooments

Has he the right to say that I should never have been awarded lower rate of mobility therby wiping me off the figures and saving more money

No he doesn't. Your tribunal is based on how you were at the time of your assessment. Not the time of a previous award.

what I think I really should have said is can the chair and his cohorts on the tribunal say that the decision on the day was wrong and that I shouldn't have been awarded standard rate of mobility

hence cancelling the award as ive got nowt for my personal care

No. He has no idea what you wee like on the day. And disabilities can change a lot.

hello Nystagmite have contacted welfare rights they are of the opinion that the board can cancel my award of standard rate of mobility, they have put a rider on it ie. if the panel believes I have "misled" the hcp during my assessment which the chairman of the tribunal implied

What did the Judge say when they adjourned the hearing? I know that they said about getting Representation, did they also say that the panel could return a Decision of fewer points as well as more, or words to that effect. If they did then the Judge has issued a warning that they the panel do not believe that your evidence supports your current award and if you continue with the appeal that there is a possibility that they will remove that award.

no he didn't say they could award more points or less points, but he said he and the doctor on the panel believed their to be inconsistencies in my replies and that my epilepsy wasn't relevant as the hcp said it didn't effect my life however that is what the appeal is about, I never applied for mobility, I was just given it but my epilepsy which I was awarded dla for didn't matter

Have a look at CPIP/1599/2016 it might help it talks about the risk of a seizure rather than an actual one for the majority of the time.

To get PIP, it just has to be reasonable. So, is it reasonable to suggest that for half the time you go out, there's a risk that you could have seizure? So, if you have a seizure once or twice a year, it's reasonable to say no. But if you have them 3-4 times a week, you could say yes.