style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2756 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello. Pleaae wl like to know what happens if u caught shiplifting and the total value is 205pounds.

Then you gave wrong date of birth and correct address.

But the police officer only gave a caution

The shop gave a banned letter for one year and

also stating that a fine will be paid and

i will be contacted by RLP.

Please is there anything to be worried about

. The police only metioned avre arrest if i fail to pay the fine.

Please is there anything to worry about?

A picture was also taken and was told to go and to do it again.

Is there any future implication please.

I sincerely regret my actions

I think we need some more detail here? You say that the police gave you a caution but there is a fine? Was this a Police issued Fixed Penalty Notice? If so that must be paid or you could be arrested

Were the goods recovered in a fit for sale condition? Who was the retailer?

You can and must completely ignore RLP. They have no part in this, are nothing to do with any police action and you cannot be arrested for ignoring them

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Thread moved tot he appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I think we need some more detail here? You say that the police gave you a caution but there is a fine? Was this a Police issued Fixed Penalty Notice? If so that must be paid or you could be arrested

Were the goods recovered in a fit for sale condition? Who was the retailer?

You can and must completely ignore RLP. They have no part in this, are nothing to do with any police action and you cannot be arrested for ignoring them

Yes the police issued a caution and stated i will have a criminal record but no fixed fine as it eas above 100pounds.

Hi and welcome to CAG

By giving the wrong date of birth, did you do so to appear younger or older than 18?

I will assume the store got the goods back. A name of the store would be useful as well.

A basic run down of the event will help too.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thread moved tot he appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

New here where is the appropriate forum pls

Hi and welcome to CAG

By giving the wrong date of birth, did you do so to appear younger or older than 18?

I will assume the store got the goods back. A name of the store would be useful as well.

A basic run down of the event will help too.

To be older than 18. And the store got the goods back. I did give a wrong date of birth so that my information wl not be pulled out on there system. Just worried as the police said it will be recorded on there system and i wl have a record. Name of the store is boots.

Yes the police issued a caution and stated i will have a criminal record but no fixed fine as it eas above 100pounds.

Store is boots

Nothing can be done regarding the caution and the record but I would contact them to give the correct date of birth as although it may not make much difference, you don't want them turning up to check you out if the find a mismatch.

As for RLP. Ignore their letters but post them up here (minus personal info) so we can check to see what change of tactics they are trying this month (if any)

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Nothing can be done regarding the caution and the record but I would contact them to give the correct date of birth as although it may not make much difference, you don't want them turning up to check you out if the find a mismatch.

As for RLP. Ignore their letters but post them up here (minus personal info) so we can check to see what change of tactics they are trying this month (if any)

Ok thank you. Please what is the posibility they find a mismatch? As there was no finger print or DNA done.and this happened 2days ago. Do you think they will still be on the case?

Ok thank you. Please what is the posibility they find a mismatch? As there was no finger print or DNA done.

And this happened 2days ago. Do you think they will still be on the case?

I doubt the police would be that bothered TBH but by giving a false DoB this may be seen as giving false information to a police officer. I'm not 100% sure. I would hope that others would be able to advise better.

Ok thanks for you help. I do appreaciate. You have been helpful

I doubt the police would be that bothered TBH but by giving a false DoB this may be seen as giving false information to a police officer. I'm not 100% sure. I would hope that others would be able to advise better.

Ok thanks for the advise. U have been really hlpful.

It all depends on how vigilant the police are when matching the details you gave them with anything else they have on their system. You may have dropped yourself right in it if you are known to the police in any way that is negative but generally speaking, they have better things to do than chase you, it will all come out in the wash if you find yourself in a similar situation in the future so dont be tempting fate..

Regardless of that, RLP have nothing to do with anything and you wont be in any further bother just becuase you didnt play their silly games.

It all depends on how vigilant the police are when matching the details you gave them with anything else they have on their system. You may have dropped yourself right in it if you are known to the police in any way that is negative but generally speaking, they have better things to do than chase you, it will all come out in the wash if you find yourself in a similar situation in the future so dont be tempting fate..

Regardless of that, RLP have nothing to do with anything and you wont be in any further bother just becuase you didnt play their silly games.

Thanks. I have learnt my lesson and never again will i do such as i have not recovered uptil now.