rear ended and paying out help please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone, almost 3 weeks ago like a plonker I rear ended a bmw causing

£960 pounds worth of damage which im going to settle out of my own pocket save my insurance. it was totally my fault so cant complain and I was in my my 1 year old car so insured fully comp and and the car I went into was a 12 plated bmw. to save any further claims after I have paid out is there any kind of form I can print off get him to sign which he says he will so he cant make any further claims agiast me ? many thanks for any help folks.

hi everyone, almost 3 weeks ago like a plonker I rear ended a bmw causing

£960 pounds worth of damage which im going to settle out of my own pocket save my insurance. it was totally my fault so cant complain and I was in my my 1 year old car so insured fully comp and and the car I went into was a 12 plated bmw. to save any further claims after I have paid out is there any kind of form I can print off get him to sign which he says he will so he cant make any further claims agiast me ? many thanks for any help folks.

You can't really do this because you are opening yourself up to a risk that you cannot stop by getting a letter from the third party and any passengers they were carrying.

Because an injured third party has i believe 3 years in which to make a claim, they could quite easily just accept your £960 and admission of liability, sign a letter saying that they have no intention of seeking to claim anything further in regard to damage or injuries AND then weeks later change their minds claiming for injury direct to your Insurers. Because some people notice an injury weeks after an accident, they could simply say that they were not concerned by a slight pain, but that it has got worse since the accident. They then see a Doctors who says that they sustained an injury in the accident and you then have Solicitors on a no win no fee basis making a claim against your Insurance. Your Insurance company could settle a claim, even with a letter you got the third party to sign.

If the third party had passengers in their car, that would be even worse, as you have more than one person to worry about, making a claim for injury against your Insurance.

My advice is to contact your Insurers to discuss this, as you have a requirement under your policy terms to do so anyway. If you paid out to the third party not notifying your Insurers, then if the third parties later made claims for Injury, your Insurers could turn around and say you should settle the rest of the claim, given that you had already decided to settle all amounts related to this accident.

Going back 20 or 30 years ago, you could trust most people not to make iffy claims for injuries, but these days it is dog eat dog and if there is any chance of money, quite a big percentage of people would grasp the opportunity.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

As Uncle says, you are required to tell your insurer about any accidents that you have had in the past 5 years (usually). That will put your premiums up (whether it was your fault or not, b'stards), so you might as well get the other side to claim against your policy. That's what they're there for!

hi uncle and oddfellow, well I took your advise and my insurance are dealing with it and we get our car repaired aswell so great result. many thanks you 2 you have been more than helpful this morning and saved me a lot of heartache , thanks again gents you are diamonds .

No problem, glad to help and safe driving from now on. Think about getting a dashboard camera fitted at some point, as they are proving very useful in some accidents or you might capture something to earn money on Youtube.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread