Trying to leave T-mobile

Smackbat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Hoping someone here might be able to advise my next step or point me in the right direction.

Back in January 2016 I called T-mobile to provide my 30 day notice and request a PAC. I tried to terminate using the webchat but kept being advised that termination needed to be over the phone.

I decided against keeping my number as I was receiving so many sales calls and random texts so just took out a new contract with Life mobile.

A week or so ago I discovered that T-mobile were still charging me £32 a month, so emailed them for an explanation and a copy of the call where I provided termination. They have responded to say that they have cancelled the contract with immediate effect but can not refund the £32 a month for the past 8 months.

I've protested saying that the termination notice was provided on time and again requested a copy of the call recording, thinking that as this is the only proof I've cancelled as they don't accept it in writing, they will keep it on record. Their response today is as follows;

"Thank you for your email and I can confirm I have now cancelled your line with immediate effect as requested. A final bill will be produced in the next few days and I will make sure this shows as a nil balance so there is nothing else to pay.

You contacted our retentions team on 13.01.2016 and requested to put in your 30 days notice to cancel but you also requested a PAC Code. You were advised on the text message with your PAC code that if you didn’t use the PAC code then your line will stay active and continued to be charged. You didn’t need to request a PAC code if you did not intend to use it. You could have just told the retentions team advisor that you wish to cancel your line and not keep the number which would have been happened after 30 days.

Every call is recorded and I have tried to request this one from 13.01.2016 but it is unavailable. This is either due to the age of the call or because it was part of a transferred call which can sometimes cause problems with the recording. Due to this I am unable to send you a copy of the recording.

I hope the above information is satisfactory but if you have any other issues then please do not hesitate to contact me again."

I no longer have the phone I was using so can't check the text message they sent.

However, I'm certain this was not explained at the time, and given that they state in their T&C's that it must be a verbal termination notice, I believe I have done everything correctly.

Please can someone advise what I do next as I would like a refund of the monies paid since the 30 notice expired.

Many thanks

<(o.o)> Smackbat

:) Smile.co.uk - £4,400 WON 12/10/06

:)Smile.co.uk - £156 WON Feb 07

:)Smile.co.uk - £280 WON 25/06/07

:mad: Egg PLC - £3,420.72 - Defence filed 24/06/07

:? Alliance & Leicester - DPR Request sent

:? Woolich PLC - To Start

Hi...

Issue a LBA (Letter before Action) give them 14 days to refund you ...if that fails issue a court claim.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread