unknown Cabot CCJ for Catalogue debt - now Bailiffs threatening Warrant of Control

toptec
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

had a letter from cabot it says they will send a bailiff . i have never had cabot so ignored letters. after searching google i see they collect debt . but can i stop this and how . i am bipolar so as you can imagine this has tipped me over the edge

cant do anything of the sort

if you read the letter properly

it actually doesn't say WILL anywhere

what the debt they are trying to spoof you on please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you had a ccj issued in favour of cabot for a debt they now own?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

then its not a letter from cabot

its a letter from a bailiff company

so who has sent this letter?

the court bailiff system?

as martin says

they must have gotten a CCJ against you

should tell you a claim number on it does it?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am guessing here that as you have ignored all the cabot letters they have obtained an uncontested and rubberstamped ccj.

Go to http://www.noddle.co.uk, sign up to the service and check if there is a ccj against you.

If not, can you scan the letter and upload it to the thread please, obviously removing any identifying info first.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

its cabot that got them to send this letter

yes we know that

we understand how the system works

but we need information.

dx

and they

How can we possibly give sound advice when you arent giving us proper details of what its about?

no don't do that card or any payment yet please

so you found the CCJ and you have its number?

will be a letters/numbers combination

and they

Toptec i removed the post as you had posted identifying info with the ccj number.

We dont need the actual ccj reference, it was more your clarification that it WAS a ccj.

Did you notice the date the ccj was granted?

once we have the date of the CCJ we'll advise further

and they

oh yes we crossed.

ok great so we know the number

and we know it was a couple of months back.

can I have a guess at something...

you 've moved in recent years?

and they

Ok thanks toptec, i kind of guessed it would have been over 30 days since judgement but needed clarification.

So few more questions.

1. How much is the ccj for?

2. Did you owe the alleged debt?

3. Is the balance of the alleged debt made up in whole or in oart due to late payment charges etc

4. Did you have any ppi on the account?

Your only option now in challenging this is to apply to have the ccj set aside but you will need good grounds for this and there is a fee involved of £255 i think which you may not get back, even if successful in setting aside. Do you have a defence as to why you do not owe this?

Tell us as much about the account as you can.

This notice will normally give you at least seven days’ notice.

When the warrant of control is issued, the bailiffs have a right to try to take control of your goods. This applies even if you move the goods or give them to someone else at any time, even if this is within the seven clear days' notice period.

The bailiffs should not force their way into your home unless:

you have let them in on a previous visit

they took control of your goods and you have broken the agreement you made with the bailiffs; and

they have given you two clear days’ notice.

If you have not let the bailiffs in before, keep your doors locked. It is also a good idea to keep windows closed. A bailiff is allowed to come into your property through an unlocked door, even if you are not in at the time.

If you have a Vehicle

A bailiff can take control of goods outside your home, so if you have a vehicle, keep it in a locked garage. If you park the vehicle on your drive, the bailiffs could clamp or remove it.

You could park the vehicle away from your property, but if you park it on a public road and the bailiff finds it, they could force entry to your car and possibly clamp or remove it.

You can make a combined application to the courts to have the warrant of execution suspended and change the payment to an affordable amount, using an N245 form.

If you don’t apply for the notice to be suspended, bailiffs will be able to attend your home on the date stated and remove goods to sell on. You can prevent this by paying the amount in full.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

and they

Ppi can be reclaimed if it was missold and you can also reclaim any late payment fees or overlimit fees etc but you will need statements to work this out correctly.

For now, you either need to apply to set aside the ccj or apply yo suspend the warrant as Andy advised.

If you are on certain benefits or a low income, the fee may be waived by the courts.

If you dont have the statements then a SAR to jdwilliams will get them.

I understand your bipolar disorder, i have a relative with the same but you need to act, you cant carry on ignoring this or baillifs will come to your door.

thanks yes i am on a low income . i think the best option is to set aside as andy said .

thanks

Suspend or set a side or both ...you need to decide if you wish to challenge the CCJ or make arrangement to pay it by instalments if your happy to accept the judgment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread