Ovo/Grosvenor/Face2Face Gas Debt/Faulty Meter - RE: Application for warrant under the Rights of Entry Act 1954***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Supply start date Feb 2014

Dispute raised March 2014 based on start of contract meter reading and inaccurate bill.

September 2014 Court date set for warrant application and stated to court the warrant process was being misused and the account was in dispute warrant declined as there was no need to attend my meter for any works or service.

After the declined warrant application I agreed to have smart meters fitted and debt would be refreshed due to inaccuracy on contract start date.

Debt has never been wiped as agreed, so account remains in dispute.

The engineers came and declared it unsafe to sit a smart meter due to age of current gas meter, they wanted to replace the meter due to age but due to location would need to consult with national grid as walls needed to be knocked through etc etc and pipes re piped.

Nothing materialised, I changed my supplier however as I have discovered today only the electric went through.

I was unaware that the supplier was still supplying me and assumed I was on a dual fuel tariff with new supplier however it's electric only.

I have today been issued with a notice to obtain a warrant due to debt of £3500.

Last meter reading was September 2014. Have bot been provided with an accurate bill in this time.

The meter still awaits replacement. Any advice on how to proceed?

Upon phoning them

They are adamant they either need 50 % payment or they will fit a pre payment meter and deduct 20% of every top up for the debt.

I'm happy to have a repayment meter however the amount of debt is not correct

20160223_193301-1.jpg

20160223_193422-1.jpg

are you indicating they have not sent you a bill in the last 12mts regarding this sum

nor ever sent regular bills leading upto the time

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If they have known the billing to be incorrect but have not taken remedial action then the billing code applies. They can only bill back 12 months once they have corrected the billing.

If a new meter is needed then the meter should be changed and the billing re-estimated.

Is the electricity now correct? Have you checked the meter readings used by your new supplier?

Ovo can still correct the gas meter read from when you changed to them even though it was so long ago.

Complain in writing to their CEO; advise them of the fact you first complained in 2014 and will go to the Ombudsman

• 2 weeks later...

powerless dca

not a bailiff

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

@DX - F2F will have the authority to apply for a Warrant of Entry on Ovo's behalf, there will most likely be extra costs added at this point so IMO it would be unwise to ignore them

Witsend - see my previous post with regards to the best action to take at this point. If they apply for a Warrant then it's important you attend the Magistrates Court and take with you any evidence you have that they're not assisting you in correcting their mistake.

@DX - F2F will have the authority to apply for a Warrant of Entry on Ovo's behalf, there will most likely be extra costs added at this point so IMO it would be unwise to ignore them

Witsend - see my previous post with regards to the best action to take at this point. If they apply for a Warrant then it's important you attend the Magistrates Court and take with you any evidence you have that they're not assisting you in correcting their mistake.

Thanks happened in 2014 and Lowry beck condemned my gas meter. A smart meter was fitted to my electric.

The gas meter needed replacing however they needed gas board assistance due to removal of external wall. 18 months later this ain't been done.

I have spoken to ovo they have seen their notes and will refer back to me at end of day.

They did no put a smart meter on gas in 2014 due to the issues with the meter

I'll keep you updated.

• 6 months later...

After a 2 year dispute with my energy supplier I am now in receipt of a court date from Grosvenor Legal services, Face to Face were previously instructed and refused to act once they done a home visit.

the house is end of terrace and the meter needs replacing however due to the house being end of terrace national grid need to assist with the pipe work.

The meter is faulty and apparently I have used £4017 gas in a 24 month period.

This is a civil matter the magistrates courts have no jurisdiction surely??

So why have they issued a warrant?

and they

They have not obtained one as of yet they are going to attempt to on 14th October.

The debt is so high as the amount is incorrect the meter is faulty as stated by their own third party assigned agents lowri beck.

Any payments made will go on the oldest debt clearly disputed

The warrant is to either disconnect my supply or fit a Pre payment meter.

Ovo energy refuse to acknowledge any complaint and the ombudsman well they decline to review as been ongoing over 6 months

They have to ask Magistrates because of the need to force entry to your house if you refuse or nobody is at home. As part of the meter change, they need to assess safety issues regarding any gas appliances.

in these circumstances, i would think you would be best to invite them in writing to your house to inspect their faulty meter and to realise that they have made a mistake with their billing. Then if it does proceed to Magistrates they can see that you are being reasonable and there is no need to sanction any forced entry.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Face 2 face obtained entry on first visit.

The representative was disgusted took photos and left.

This was 2 months ago now grovesnor have the file and are taking court action.

The compliance officer in face 2 face has assured me that there will be no further contact from them and further instructions will be refused

I'm sure readers know from these forums and elsewhere is that warrant of entry applications are pro-forma and rubber stamped.

Where a respondent turns up to challenge the application, its usually put before (read by) a district judge as it did here:

[removed] - dx

In England and Wales, a lot of civil work is done by magistrates as that’s the way the legislation was written and they do have jurisdiction to hear gas act cases. Again, many times in forums energy companies use this method rather than pursuing debt at the county court.

If the case is still at the Ombudsman and they have issued an acceptable final decision, ask the application to be stayed while this is implemented?

sorry but we cant carry that link until it has been approved

dx

and they

and we cant carry that either! please read our rules

and they

Any advice on this guys?

Friday is the day

The old ancient system is being decommissioned and a new combination installed week beggining 17th October however I need a new meter also but am not accepting a 4000 grand debt that ain't mine

I advised through ombudsman they were attempting to obtain a warrent again to which they replied

Dear Mr xxxx

Your complaint about your service provider

Thank you for your email received on 3 October 2016.

To help us decide the best way to help with your complaint, we need to know all of the following information:

· Whether there are any practical needs where we could help – by making adjustments like using large print, Braille or a different language.

· If there is someone you want to handle the complaint for you, for example a friend, a relative or Citizens Advice. Please give their full name and contact details.

· A detailed summary of your complaint.

· Copies of any letters or emails which you have sent to the company. Please let us know when they were sent and where they were sent to.

· Copies of any letters, bills or emails you have received which you think are relevant to your complaint.

· Details of any telephone calls made or received, including dates, times and who you spoke to.

· What you would like as a resolution to your complaint; this may include some practical action, an apology or an award to cover time and trouble. Our most common time and trouble award is £100.*

Please include our case reference number, shown at the top of this reply, with any information that you send to us. This will help us add the information to your case more quickly.

When using our service you are free to seek independent advice and you are able to withdraw from the process at any time. For more information about Ombudsman Services visit our website http://www.ombudsman-services.org.

Yours sincerely

Kevin

Enquiry Officer 

Telephone: 0330 440 1624

Email: [email protected]

The youtube link removed was titled [removed].

It appears the Ministry of justice has already warned other websites and take ‘action’ when posting videos of film footage on the topic of this Gas warrant application

Linking sites does not violates section 41(1&2) of the 1925 Criminal Justice Act 1925 and I know no other such contempt cases where website operators have been brought to book for linking to other sites court footage under this particular instrument.

Any advice on this guys?

Friday is the day

The old ancient system is being decommissioned and a new combination installed week beggining 17th October however I need a new meter also but am not accepting a 4000 grand debt that ain't mine

I advised through ombudsman they were attempting to obtain a warrent again to which they replied

If you have been advised your supplier (or its agent) is applying for a warrant of entry in England and Wales, then I would attend the hearing.

You need to find out the exact court and time and your supplier should advise you of that.

Watch out for words like 'local justice area' as that could be just about anywhere.

Since its short notice, you will need to ring the Magistrates court concerned and check the supplier has booked 'slots'.

Personally, I would serve (email) your supplier and the court ASAP with a copy of the email from Ombudsman service (with case OS ref no) showing the case is in dispute and with statutory ADR so the application cannot be proceeded with. Ask the usher to make sure your submissions are available to the District Judge and to check yourself by requesting to see the court file. Supplement this with your other evidence and material. Court list contact details is at http://courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk

Edited by Andyorch
external link removed

Thanks for the update.

Should have applied for costs to cover expenses....

Perhaps you could write at length about your experience... How much notice of venues and date did you get? How long did the whole event take?

Were you treated ok by security and court staff?

Was it a district judge or magistrates? Did they or the legal advisor (clerk) patronise you?

Did you get written confirmation of the applications Disposition?

• 1 month later...

Back to court tomorrow with this.

No further forward with the ombudsman.

This process through the magistrates court when there is an evident dispute is not consumer friendly.

I'm at a loss how to stop this action

Thanks for the update.

Should have applied for costs to cover expenses....

Perhaps you could write at length about your experience... How much notice of venues and date did you get? How long did the whole event take?

Were you treated ok by security and court staff?

Was it a district judge or magistrates? Did they or the legal advisor (clerk) patronise you?

Did you get written confirmation of the applications Disposition?

It was awful. I was frowned upon for being there and told people hardly turn up you'll need to bare with us until we can fit you in.

I was there for 2 hours in total. 10 minutes in court.

Legal Advisor for the magistrates came out prior and asked me in public waiting room why was I attending.

I have to go back tomorrow

If you haven’t done already, see if you can get (by ringing) Ombudsman services to commit to emailing you with an update to present in court.

You should have access to its portal so you can download all your correspondence?

This will be your vital evidence for the adjourned application hearing.

You don't run the Ombudsman and can't influence execution of this statutory ADR process so the delays not the respondents fault.

Your experience about having to wait and no one turning up is just about right.

The warrant process is a rubber stamping exercise and as you have pointed out is abused by energy suppliers as money owed should be reclaimed using civil litigation.

If asked why your attending again, perhaps tell them your solicitor can't attend due to a shortage of lawyers caused by Brexit challenges:-)