• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

SOLICITOR that will do it all for you??!!!

kevhotmail
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can this be true?

stumbled upon this...

These will do the whole process for you with NO WIN NO FEE??

What do you think ???

[link removed]

I can see instances where it might be good to do this. It's up to you whether you want to lose a bit of money of your claim in order to have someone do it all for you (and cover all the fees etc until the charges are claimed back, which for a large claim from someone in a lot of debt are quite a lot).

I'm trying to work out how much they charge - It looks like they take the interest on the charges (presumably the statutory 8%?) as their fee -

[link removed]

- Pay you 100% of the charges recovered

- Take our commission as the interest only

If they will take claims of over £5,000 then also you're removing the (admittedly tiny) chance of having to pay the bank's legal costs of it goes to court and they win (which wouldn't happen, but it does put some people off).

I'm sounding like an advert for them now, and I don't mean to, but for some people who are not comfortable with doign it all themselves it's an option. And the more people claiming against the banks the better.

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

Please note - we do not allow links to profit making organisations.

Please do not repeat these links.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hey Guys,

You do NOT need the expertise of a solicitor to reclaim your charges.....

everything that you require is on this wonderful Action Group forum...

All you have to do is, read the FAQ'S and follow the step by step instructions.

If I can do it, then you can!!!!

Jonni2bad you are so right and I am so pleased that you have removed the LINK:)

Love

Angry Cat

Please note - we do not allow links to profit making organisations.

Please do not repeat these links.

Sorry - I was linking to the specific page that listed their terms and conditions and details of their fees etc. I will bear it in mind.

Angry Cat - I totally agree with you, and yes I should have made it clearer that you do not need a solicitor's help in any way to claim back charges. However, i wa sputting across the other side of things, in that i read posts on other forums every day (this is money being one) from people saying 'Oooh I'm scared abou tgoing to ourt so I just took a really low offer'.

At the end of the dya if someone is only going to claim their charges using someone else's services, they are aware that they could do it themselves if they wanted, and they know the interest will go to the company in fees then it's one more claim against the banks.

I would also be interested to see how claims via solicitors get dealt with by the banks compared to normal claims by as laypeople.

Personally, I don't have the cash to follow up some of my claims because of the court fees I would have to lay out when they got to that point. My current MBNA claim will just about pay off the balance. I now estimate my Natwest claim to be in excess of £15,000. Giben the choice between not being able to claim and sacrificing the additional interest to have someone do it for me without having to pay anything up front (sorry sounding like an advert again) I'd have to seriously consider it. I'm having trouble even feeding my family at the moment let alone finding the odd £10 for DPA fees. You can appreciate how much difference a few grand would make to my life.

My end point because I do want to make sure it is clear is that anyone has the abillity with the great resources and support here without any legal help necessary.

End of unecessarily long post.:D

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

Hi all. good points.

But i was thinking of using them for EGG ONLY.

As i am only claiming £120

What is the point of having such a fight for this amount.

They are fighting back and no-one has beat them yet.

I emphasis the word YET. I know you guys are doing a good job trying to break them, and I would too if it was for a larger amount.

I have a far bigger claim to make from ABBEY and will NOT use anyone else for this. Mainly because I dont expect to go to court and have to put up with dates changing and typical Egg dirty tactics.

good luck.

i am only claiming £120 (that is a fortune to some members)

I have a far bigger claim to make I dont expect to go to court and have to put up with dates changing and typical Egg dirty tactics..

Oh Dear...!!!

You get out of life, what you put into it...!

The EGG needs to be cracked, wide open (prudential)...

we need ALL of our soldiers (& all of the kings men) then HUMPTY DUMPTY cannot be put back together again.

JMHO, I do not think that a solicitor will accomplish this. However, an excess of 90,000 unhappy consumers may.

Think about it !!!

AC

Hi all. good points.

But i was thinking of using them for EGG ONLY.

As i am only claiming £120

They are fighting back and no-one has beat them yet.

I emphasis the word YET. I know you guys are doing a good job trying to break them, and I would too if it was for a larger amount.

I have a far bigger claim to make from ABBEY and will NOT use anyone else for this. Mainly because I dont expect to go to court and have to put up with dates changing and typical Egg dirty tactics.

good luck.

goddammit, I'M going to crack the egg. MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME Me ME ME MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. you hear? ;)

(Unless angry cat, Eek, tobes etc. get there first)

We're all salivating for the honour round here.

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)

I just think that there are plenty of people out there that would go through with a claim against Egg if they had a Solicitor on their side doing the work for them.

This would mean a lot more cases against them.

People are afraid of going to court. period. and Egg are obviously playing on this.

I know it needs you guys to ALSO fight them, for which you deserve great praise, but Im thinking of those people that dont have that much passion, time, or balls....yet still want to claim their money back.

I have no problem in going to court, but wish Id started using this online Solicitor for the process for my £120 as I could have sit back and waited for the date without the effort. (time is precious to me. work long hours etc.)

I understand you guys are enjoying the battle and again, im speaking about other people and the fact more people may come on board. More cases, more workload for Egg.