Harlands Threatogram

Argyll
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I joined Xercise4less Falkirk in June 2014

rarely used it due to a knee injury that took ages to recover from.

When I did use the gym I found it oversubscribed and young lads continually leaving weights lying around.

I complained to staff but I don't think they bothered much.

In June this year I finally decided to leave after I tripped over a barbell that was left lying around the floor which caused me injury and embarrassment.

I emailed the Xercise4less manager informing him I was leaving.

I received an out of office reply which stated he would deal with it on his return and I heard nothing more.

I kept both emails and I've attached them to this post.

I cancelled my direct debit a month afterwards and I thought that was the end of the matter.

However I received a threatening letter today from Harlands demanding money from me because I had cancelled my direct debit.

As I understand it as I was with Xercise4less for 2 years so I had already served my contract period.

As I also understand I had cancelled my membership officially and I am not due Harlands any money.

Clearly Harlands are making out I haven't cancelled my membership.

Can anyone offer me advice how to handle this.

Please see the threatening letter from Harlands and my cancellation email and their reply.

Cancel membership email reply_Page1.jpg

Threatening Letter_Page1.jpg

Cancel membership email_Page1.jpg

safe to ignore

as you know

DCA's are not bailiffs

so are powerless

you could if you wish send the letter you've prob seen already

stating your case you owe nowt as you paid the following DD a month after you cancellation.

up to you

nothing they or anyone can do to you

nor your credit file.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Welcome back to CAG Argyll

Harlands are full of hot air. As you have proof which is very good!, You should beable to sort this out rather quickly.

Email;. [email protected]

They usually are pretty good :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi Argyll,

Before doing anything further, please confirm - when you gave notice to leave, did you allow one further DD to be paid to Harlands before cancelling the DD mandate ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks mate. Who is Jon? What's his role in this?

Sorry, should have been clear... Hes the MD....

Slick... He cancelled his DD a month after...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Fko, Thanks - I've seen this now in para #5 of the first post. :oops:

Argyll, can you please confirm the date the final DD was paid to Harlands after you emailed the gym on 13th June 2016.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 months later...

A quick update. I've been on holiday for a month hence the delay.

I emailed Jon but he never replied!

I called the Falkirk gym in Falkirk just after starting this thread and asked the gym member to get the manager (name removed) to call me. I received no call.

I received another letter from Harlands in November which I opened on my return from holiday last week. I called Xercise4less this morning and through luck (name removed) the manager answered the phone. I explained my situation but he said I had to go online and cancel there and my membership was still active and in arrears. I explained as far as I was concerned I had gave him 30 days notice via my email sent in June and I cancelled properly. He refused to accept this. He came across as a complete edited.

So I'll be ignoring any further letters.

Edited by slick132
Name and insult removed

Hi Argyll,

I've edited your post above to remove the name and insult.

You've still not confirmed the date the final DD was paid but that's your prerogative.

I think you're right to ignore Harlands/CRS, and them the Zinc Group and finally Spratt Endicott who are Harlands current pet solicitor.