Answer question without Google challenge ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

why do we have have vehicles that can do in excess of 100 Miles and hour plus but the speed limit is 70?

The only place legally you can do more then that is on private land or a race course!

Why do they not just make vehicles that stay within the speed limit? surely it would cut down accidents?

" Goes back into my cave "

I think you will find that certain sections of the autobahns in Germany are free of speed limits.

Surely, if you limit the maximum speed then getting to the maximum would take longer therefore causing more tailbacks?

I want to see new vehicles that are governed in speed control areas (say 30mph) where a satellite signal forces vehicles to slow down. the technology is there. Why not use it?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Silverfox, I have never been out the UK lol

I myself wish people would not speed, they may think it gets them to wherever they are going faster but it may also result in tragic circumstances :(

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• 5 months later...

Why do all animals have tongues ?

If you think some animals don't have tongues, name them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Other animals naturally have no tongues, such as sea stars, sea urchins and other echinoderms, as well as crustaceans,

Did not use Google :)

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Other animals naturally have no tongues, such as sea stars, sea urchins and other echinoderms, as well as crustaceans,

Did not use Google :)

Very good.

Reptiles, snakes and fish have tongues. Very few animals don't, because they don't breathe and eat through their mouths.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I would have thought that tongues are there for a reason.

They help when chewing food

Snakes tongues taste the air

Some lizards use their tongues to catch their food.

I can't remember if this is true of all whales but one of them has a tongue that fills with blood when it gets too hot. this then cools the blood.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

afaik, technically their tongue itself doesnt actually 'taste' the air, rather it senses stuff in the air to be 'tasted' inside. which is why they retract the tongue often.

no doubt though googly will prove me wrong :)

It has no atmosphere? :D

apparently, thanks to googly (oops), there is an 'atmosphere' of sorts on the moon! how about that. :)

Apparently the tongue of a blue whale can weigh up to 3 tons and is apparently the largest tongue in the animal world.

Information via National Geographic !

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would have thought that tongues are there for a reason.

They help when chewing food

Some lizards use their tongues to catch their food.

I can't remember if this is true of all whales but one of them has a tongue that fills with blood when it gets too hot. this then cools the blood.

Yes tongues are using for a variety of reasons. I think you are correct about the Whale. Blue Whale ? Whale tongues are huge.

Male Rhinos use their tongues and mouths in a disgusting way to see whether Females are fertile. Just don't be eating watching any wildlife programmes.:jaw:

That is gross, Uncle B !

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ford!

HB

:)

seriously, i don't know (without googlying it). so i thought i wld ask re it being the 'q without Googly challenge'! :wink:

How do male Rhinos use their tongues and mouths in a way to see whether Females are fertile? :)

This is gross, so be prepared.

The Male Rhino sniffs the air, extends lips and tongue to get distant signs of a fertile Female. Then if that is not enough they will seek out the dung of the Female and they take it in their mouths, with tongue analysing it. Apparently the Female is only ready for mating for a few days over their normal cycle, so the Male is using all senses.

Hope you are enjoying that chocolate brownie :madgrin:

All the talk of Rhino's reminds me:

What's the difference between an orthopaedic surgeon and a rhinoceros?

One is horny all the time, is thick skinned, and charges a lot.

The other is a large 4-legged mammal from the African continent!

This is gross, so be prepared.

The Male Rhino sniffs the air, extends lips and tongue to get distant signs of a fertile Female. Then if that is not enough they will seek out the dung of the Female and they take it in their mouths, with tongue analysing it. Apparently the Female is only ready for mating for a few days over their normal cycle, so the Male is using all senses.

Hope you are enjoying that chocolate brownie :madgrin:

:) that doesnt seem too gross, given the nature of nature. even dogs eat dog poo.

Worse than that, I knew some of the scientists working on the project as they wanted to try and make the rhinos better at breeding. Hands up if your freezer has bags full of Rhino dung. Me? I got to look at the mud they wallowed in and the grass they ate.

• 2 weeks later...

How old was Jesus when he died ?