messages left on answerphones

davuck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I want to post a message my landlord left on my answerphone on a blog that im doing about them. Is this ok to do ? Is it legal ? Ive searched online and can only find answers that apply to the USA and even then its not an easy answer to find , some say its ok , some say beware etc.

I think the message left now belongs to me , is that correct ? If so then it should be ok to post it ?

Thanks for any help.

David

I can't see any problem about it.

Guest roaringmouse

If your landlord left the message and you publish it, what is he going to complain about? That he didn't say it? You have the proof - for goodness sake do not erase it!!!!

I am guessing it was either something unpleasant or something illegal. Publish it.

yes it was a message my housing manager left about a neighbour from hell who lives above me. she didn't know I kept the message and for the next two years or so, totally contradicted the message in writing. Ive done a blog - frustratedtenant.tumblr.com and was thinking of adding this answerphone message because it shows that my housing association were aware of the situation in March 2014.

I am a bit unsure of the legalities of doing this but on the other hand, I have suffered because of the housing association negligence and really would like to expose them.

If you post selected highlights of a transcript, you should be OK. However, posting the recording itself (for example, as a WAV file) could put you in breach of the Data Protection Act. Uploading the audio file would technically require you to be a registered Data Controller and have policies in place for "reasonable processing of data".

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.