Looking for some sound advice

golflad

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

This used to be the norm for me,

checking the forum and working out how to deal with debt problems.

I eventually managed to get my credit score back up to a point where I could get a credit card, albeit, a high apr Vanquis card.

I was in a stable job earning relatively good money and have managed to make the monthly payments for the last 3 years.

However, a few months ago, I lost my job and I had started to study for a career change.

I have since qualified and even though I still have the experience of my previous job, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find a job.

In the last year or so, I have taken on more creditors due to having financial stability.

I took out a small loan last year with Avant credit for £1000 which has £715 left to pay in total,

I also bought a new pushbike with V12 retail finance of which I still owe £654,

I have a further 2 credit cards with capital one and the balances are £567 and £275.

My vanquis card is owing £3167

I made a lot of phone calls a couple of months ago to see if I could hold off payments until I am financially back on my feet, but instead, all the creditors backed me into a corner to make arrangements for smaller payments, even though I couldn't afford to meet the payments due to not working.

Does anyone know where I stand with this and what I may be able to do as I am now in a position where all of these creditors have now sent these debts to outside companies who are now writing to me and texting me.

My credit score has plummeted and this situation is only going to get worse.

I still have no work but none of these companies seem to be listening.

Thanks in advance

Do you own a house or have any forms of savings ?

Do you have a spouse or partner paying towards household expenses ?

Advice will depend on your exact circumstances, as to whether you might qualify for any debt relief solutions.

If not, normally the advice is to write to all original creditors (not DCA's) advising them of your exact situation and of any hardship being faced, asking for their help.

You really have to put these requests in writing, asking to make small token repayments and asking them to stop adding interest/charges.

I think there are letters in the CAG library.

Phone calls would have led to you being ignored, whereas letters are a record of you asking for their help.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread