Please i need help with JSA and job centre staff.

Unknownpleasures70
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello really need help with this matter.

I recently signed on

was informed by my adviser that i would have to see someone from upstairs about 'intensive job search training'.

I asked what it was she responded in saying its just **** from upstairs who will go through stuff on the computers, for a bit support. I asked if it was compulsory she said when you are told to come in you have to.

i went to the appointment was met by lady upstairs,

she then took me down onto the computers and asked me to log into my UJM account,

i did that

she asked me how i looked for jobs

I said i log on here every day and use indeed, cv library etc.

wanted to look at my CV and said it could be better

,i responded by saying my adviser was happy with it

said nothing to do with her and this is the reason i was not getting interviews!

told me i need to go on a CV building course.

said log into your indeed account,

i said i cant i dont know my password as i use it on my phone and its automaticly logged in all the time.

demanded me to show me it on my phone, alarm bells were ringing at this stage!

I said no as im sure there was a data protection law about that,

asked what i was hiding,

i replied nothing and asked her when my 'training' was going to start.

she wanted proof of my job searches

i asked why and she said because i need to see them.

Ok i said look on my UJS as i have put them in the diary section bit i fill in every day.

said that is not evidence as it could be made up!!

I was furious how dare her accuse me of lying!

We ended up back upstairs as she said we are going around in circles and i was being very un helpful.

She give me an appointment for next monday and to bring evidence of my job searching or else.

I asked what i have done wrong

i was here for training which turned into a witch hunt,

she told me interview over and got security to ask me to leave which i did but was left confused,shocked and angry.

I have done everything they have asked since i signed up,

im in my mid 40s and have worked all my life,

i am frightened about sanctions etc and dont know where to turn.

Please can you give me any advice on this matter,

sorry to waffle but need to try and give you the full story.

Cheers in advance.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Hi, [removed] they are not your friends.

They are there to try and catch you out and make you feel terrible about yourself.

Im sure someone will be along to advise you but, I understand the consensus is don't trust them.

Edited by dx100uk
behave - dx

I'm afraid that in recent years, some JCP staff have embraced a stricter benefits regime that Ian Duncan Smith exhorted whilst holding the post of Secretary of State for Work and Pensions. Most of the staff, like the rest of us, just want to get through the day without getting in to a fight. Unfortunately, when you meet one of those that relish enforcing the SBR, tact is required in order to avoid a sanction. How to deal with one of these is highly dependent on situation and what demands they are making.

Ok i said look on my UJS as i have put them in the diary section bit i fill in every day.

said that is not evidence as it could be made up!!

Picking up on this, I would urge you to keep a paper record of all your UJM diary entries. There is anecdotal evidence to suggest that the data is not aways stored correctly on the DWP system. Should you need to provide the information on a day when an adviser has technical difficulties accessing your file, having a paper record to hand will go a long way.

One final point: It is not mandatory to allow DWP access to your UJM account, and at times it is advisable to untick the box that allows them to do so.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thanks for advice so far.

I just really have got nothing to hide,as i said i even let them see all my job searches on job match.

The thing is even with ref numbers etc they are basicly saying i could be making it up and it is not evidence.

Also wanting access to my indeed etc accounts must surely be breaking a data protection act?

How is the job info on my job match not evidence even though they check it fortnightly when i sign on??

Im at a total loss of my rights here,the jobs i have applied for are saved in my accounts of indeed etc are they allowed to force me to let them have access to these accounts?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for advice so far.

I just really have got nothing to hide,as i said i even let them see all my job searches on job match.

The thing is even with ref numbers etc they are basicly saying i could be making it up and it is not evidence.

Also wanting access to my indeed etc accounts must surely be breaking a data protection act?

How is the job info on my job match not evidence even though they check it fortnightly when i sign on??

Im at a total loss of my rights here,the jobs i have applied for are saved in my accounts of indeed etc are they allowed to force me to let them have access to these accounts?

Thanks in advance.

Not evidence , but they still want to have a nosey at it though, And just what do they think is evidence then , are they able to tell you in writing on their official letter headed paperwork or show you where it says what you are doing isn't sufficient evidence of work search ?

But i doubt they would put it on paper and sign it,. as they know they are breaking their own rules , I'm sure there is a link on here somewhere that will show you the current rules surrounding JSA

You may have to fight them with their own rules because once you are clued up of what is mandatory and what isn't , as well as other stuff they will soon back down ,Personally I wouldn't give the access to your UJ account nor would i sign or agree to any claimant commitment that i thought was excessive or outside the scope of meeting the criteria of actively seeking work , If you do nothing they will sanction you after setting you up to fail , that is their intent from what i can see

Not evidence , but they still want to have a nosey at it though, And just what do they think is evidence then , are they able to tell you in writing on their official letter headed paperwork or show you where it says what you are doing isn't sufficient evidence of work search ?

But i doubt they would put it on paper and sign it,. as they know they are breaking their own rules , I'm sure there is a link on here somewhere that will show you the current rules surrounding JSA

You may have to fight them with their own rules because once you are clued up of what is mandatory and what isn't , as well as other stuff they will soon back down ,Personally I wouldn't give the access to your UJ account nor would i sign or agree to any claimant commitment that i thought was excessive or outside the scope of meeting the criteria of actively seeking work , If you do nothing they will sanction you after setting you up to fail , that is their intent from what i can see

Thanks mate you are on the money with you're thoughts i think.Gonna block them from my universal account and demand everything they request to be on headed paper and signed,call there bluff so to speak.

Thanks again for everybodys help.

[...]

I would recommend having a read of the terms & conditions of using the Indeed web site. Somewhere in there, I'm sure you will find a section that restricts the use of your login details and also keeping your password secure. If anyone wanted access to one of my many accounts (regardless of web site), I would be giving them a very stiff lecture on data security and in the case of a DWP employee or subcontractor, question their legal and moral authority.

I would supply the DWP with printouts as supporting evidence, and nothing more. If an adviser pressed the issue, I would lodge a formal complaint via my MP.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.