• Tweets

• Hmm yes I see your point about proof of postage but nonetheless... "A Notice to Keeper can be served by ordinary post and the Protection of Freedoms Act requires that the Notice, to be valid,  must be delivered either (Where a notice to driver (parking ticket) has been served) Not earlier than 28 days after, nor more than 56 days after, the service of that notice to driver; or (Where no notice to driver has been served (e.g ANPR is used)) Not later than 14 days after the vehicle was parked A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales." My question there is really what might constitute proof? Since you say the issue of delivery is a common one I suppose that no satisfactory answer has been established or you would probably have told me.
    • I would stand your ground and go for the interest. Even if the interest is not awarded you will get the judgement and the worst that might happen is that you won't get your claim fee.  However, it is almost inevitable that you will get the interest.  It is correct that it is at the discretion of the judge but the discretion is almost always exercised in favour of the claimant in these cases.  I think you should stand your ground and don't give even the slightest penny away Another judgement against them on this issue would be very bad for them and they would be really stupid to risk it but if they did, it would cost them far more than the interest they are trying to save which they will most likely have to pay anyway
    • Yep, true to form, they are happy to just save a couple of quid... They invariably lose in court, so to them, that's a win. 😅
    • Your concern regarding the 14 days delivery is a common one. Not been on the forum that long, but I don't think the following thought has ever been challenged. My view is that they should have proof of when it was posted, not when they "issued", or printed it. Of course, they would never show any proof of postage, unless it went to court. Private parking companies are simply after money, and will just keep sending ever more threatening letters to intimidate you into paying up. It's not been mentioned yet, but DO NOT APPEAL! You could inadvertently give up useful legal protection and they will refuse any appeal, because they're just after the cash...  
    • The sign says "Parking conditions apply 24/7". Mind you, that's after a huge wall of text. The whole thing is massively confusing.  Goodness knows what you're meant to do if you spend only a fiver in Iceland or you stay a few minutes over the hour there.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Please i need help with JSA and job centre staff.

Unknownpleasures70
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello really need help with this matter.

I recently signed on

was informed by my adviser that i would have to see someone from upstairs about 'intensive job search training'.

I asked what it was she responded in saying its just **** from upstairs who will go through stuff on the computers, for a bit support. I asked if it was compulsory she said when you are told to come in you have to.

i went to the appointment was met by lady upstairs,

she then took me down onto the computers and asked me to log into my UJM account,

i did that

she asked me how i looked for jobs

I said i log on here every day and use indeed, cv library etc.

wanted to look at my CV and said it could be better

,i responded by saying my adviser was happy with it

said nothing to do with her and this is the reason i was not getting interviews!

told me i need to go on a CV building course.

said log into your indeed account,

i said i cant i dont know my password as i use it on my phone and its automaticly logged in all the time.

demanded me to show me it on my phone, alarm bells were ringing at this stage!

I said no as im sure there was a data protection law about that,

asked what i was hiding,

i replied nothing and asked her when my 'training' was going to start.

she wanted proof of my job searches

i asked why and she said because i need to see them.

Ok i said look on my UJS as i have put them in the diary section bit i fill in every day.

said that is not evidence as it could be made up!!

I was furious how dare her accuse me of lying!

We ended up back upstairs as she said we are going around in circles and i was being very un helpful.

She give me an appointment for next monday and to bring evidence of my job searching or else.

I asked what i have done wrong

i was here for training which turned into a witch hunt,

she told me interview over and got security to ask me to leave which i did but was left confused,shocked and angry.

I have done everything they have asked since i signed up,

im in my mid 40s and have worked all my life,

i am frightened about sanctions etc and dont know where to turn.

Please can you give me any advice on this matter,

sorry to waffle but need to try and give you the full story.

Cheers in advance.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Hi, [removed] they are not your friends.

They are there to try and catch you out and make you feel terrible about yourself.

Im sure someone will be along to advise you but, I understand the consensus is don't trust them.

Edited by dx100uk
behave - dx

I'm afraid that in recent years, some JCP staff have embraced a stricter benefits regime that Ian Duncan Smith exhorted whilst holding the post of Secretary of State for Work and Pensions. Most of the staff, like the rest of us, just want to get through the day without getting in to a fight. Unfortunately, when you meet one of those that relish enforcing the SBR, tact is required in order to avoid a sanction. How to deal with one of these is highly dependent on situation and what demands they are making.

Ok i said look on my UJS as i have put them in the diary section bit i fill in every day.

said that is not evidence as it could be made up!!

Picking up on this, I would urge you to keep a paper record of all your UJM diary entries. There is anecdotal evidence to suggest that the data is not aways stored correctly on the DWP system. Should you need to provide the information on a day when an adviser has technical difficulties accessing your file, having a paper record to hand will go a long way.

One final point: It is not mandatory to allow DWP access to your UJM account, and at times it is advisable to untick the box that allows them to do so.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thanks for advice so far.

I just really have got nothing to hide,as i said i even let them see all my job searches on job match.

The thing is even with ref numbers etc they are basicly saying i could be making it up and it is not evidence.

Also wanting access to my indeed etc accounts must surely be breaking a data protection act?

How is the job info on my job match not evidence even though they check it fortnightly when i sign on??

Im at a total loss of my rights here,the jobs i have applied for are saved in my accounts of indeed etc are they allowed to force me to let them have access to these accounts?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for advice so far.

I just really have got nothing to hide,as i said i even let them see all my job searches on job match.

The thing is even with ref numbers etc they are basicly saying i could be making it up and it is not evidence.

Also wanting access to my indeed etc accounts must surely be breaking a data protection act?

How is the job info on my job match not evidence even though they check it fortnightly when i sign on??

Im at a total loss of my rights here,the jobs i have applied for are saved in my accounts of indeed etc are they allowed to force me to let them have access to these accounts?

Thanks in advance.

Not evidence , but they still want to have a nosey at it though, And just what do they think is evidence then , are they able to tell you in writing on their official letter headed paperwork or show you where it says what you are doing isn't sufficient evidence of work search ?

But i doubt they would put it on paper and sign it,. as they know they are breaking their own rules , I'm sure there is a link on here somewhere that will show you the current rules surrounding JSA

You may have to fight them with their own rules because once you are clued up of what is mandatory and what isn't , as well as other stuff they will soon back down ,Personally I wouldn't give the access to your UJ account nor would i sign or agree to any claimant commitment that i thought was excessive or outside the scope of meeting the criteria of actively seeking work , If you do nothing they will sanction you after setting you up to fail , that is their intent from what i can see

Not evidence , but they still want to have a nosey at it though, And just what do they think is evidence then , are they able to tell you in writing on their official letter headed paperwork or show you where it says what you are doing isn't sufficient evidence of work search ?

But i doubt they would put it on paper and sign it,. as they know they are breaking their own rules , I'm sure there is a link on here somewhere that will show you the current rules surrounding JSA

You may have to fight them with their own rules because once you are clued up of what is mandatory and what isn't , as well as other stuff they will soon back down ,Personally I wouldn't give the access to your UJ account nor would i sign or agree to any claimant commitment that i thought was excessive or outside the scope of meeting the criteria of actively seeking work , If you do nothing they will sanction you after setting you up to fail , that is their intent from what i can see

Thanks mate you are on the money with you're thoughts i think.Gonna block them from my universal account and demand everything they request to be on headed paper and signed,call there bluff so to speak.

Thanks again for everybodys help.

[...]

I would recommend having a read of the terms & conditions of using the Indeed web site. Somewhere in there, I'm sure you will find a section that restricts the use of your login details and also keeping your password secure. If anyone wanted access to one of my many accounts (regardless of web site), I would be giving them a very stiff lecture on data security and in the case of a DWP employee or subcontractor, question their legal and moral authority.

I would supply the DWP with printouts as supporting evidence, and nothing more. If an adviser pressed the issue, I would lodge a formal complaint via my MP.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.