• Tweets

• In that case I don't think you'd have any grounds for a claim against the receiver, short of anything actually criminal. The receiver was appointed by the lender so any claim you make should be aginst them. How much equity do you reckon there was when they took possession? Realistic value less outstanding balance (including arrears).  This messing around makes me wonder even more if the property was wildly over valued. Normally a lender would sell and not really care if they got the best price so long as they covered the balance plus their costs. 
    • Hey @lookinforinfo I'm not sure, I don't believe he told them he's the driver. He must have selected an option saying that he's appealing on behalf of the driver or something of the sort. In more news, however, these wannabe thugs are back at it again. Honestly, what a joke. In the letter they sent before this it said they had made "2 attempts" and in this letter they said "4 attempts", I wonder what happened to the "3rd attempt" lol.  WhatsApp Image 2024-04-18 at 14.06.07_44abc9c8.pdf
    • Hi all, I purchased a car in January from Big Motoring World Leeds. At the time of sale I was shown a tab on the salespersons computer marked 'service history' and I was able to take comfort knowing that the car had been serviced on 3 occasions as the date, mileage and company was there on screen. Being a 3 and a bit year old car that, in my mind, constituted full service history 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, collected the car a week later. Once home I settled down to through the book pack etc. Opened the service history booklet and it was completely blank. In addition there were no invoices detailing that any services had been done. I duly contacted BMW and asked them to supply me with proof of service history. They responded saying that on their 'vehicle documentation checklist' I had ticked and then signed to the fact that I had seen the service history and that I was happy with it. I dug out this checklist and what it actually states is 'seen service history online' which I had in the showroom. BMW seem to think that this satisfies their responsibility in providing service history. The reality is that I don't have any proof that the vehicle has ever been serviced! For my own peace of mind I ended up paying for a service that satisfied the manufacturers maintenance schedule to the tune of £330. I even complained to the finance company that the vehicle contravenes the Sale of Goods act 2015 as l, in effect, ot is not as described. Amazingly they weren't interested and instead I just got an email stating that it's not illegal to sell a vehicle without service history and that servicing costs were part and parcel of vehicle ownership. I've since complained to the ombudsman and am awaiting to see if they can help. I have no issue with the car but the treatment and customer service has been the worst I've ever experienced. I don't really know what to do next as I really do feel aggrieved that I've had to pay to service a car that should have already been serviced. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? 🙏
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

EON Help- DD went from £70 to £400 per month!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone has some advice because I am at my wits end with Eon

In 2012 I moved into a property contacted EON who set up a DD payment

After 13 months we received a letter stating that our consumption had been underestimated and our DD would increase from £78.00 per month to £392.00 per month

As you would do I contacted EON there are two adults in the property and there is no way we could afford this, the amount was to cover usage and ongoing consumption

EON refused any offer of any payment less which went on for another few months and issued a deadlock letter

Eventually we agreed to pay £250.00 per month which has gone along fine, the debt has never really gone down despite us consistently saying there must be a problem, a 18 month payment plan has been in place we are averaging 32.00 gas per month and 24.00 electric

Fast forward to August 2016 EON took a DD payment of 578.00 from my account and claimed this was our new DD following an account review despite the payment plan being in place

If we contact EON advisors are rude arrogant aggressive the list goes on

Now each time we contact EON they refuse to raise a complaint despite ongoing mismanagement of the account, the reason for this is because we have a deadlock letter.

The energy ombudsman say because the deadlock letter was issued over nine month ago they wont investigate

Where do we go now

if they did not inform you by letter they were going to take that money under the DD

go get it back under the DD guarantee from your bank.

now can give us a bit more background of this 2012 onwards issue

somethings not right here

how can a duel fuel bill go from £70 to£400PCM overnight

that usage would be incredible!

I believe we still have an EON rep here

i'll go alert them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I know but what they are saying is that the period where we were paying 70.00 a month for 13 months was underestimated so they reviewed the account after a year and said our consumption was way higher than thought its been a constant battle about this

still doesn't seem right

did they write telling they'd take the £ 578.00

if not go do a DD guarantee refund now.

malc the EON rep should pop in tomorrow

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

From 2013 when the underestimation came about they refused any payment less than £390.00 per month which we couldn't afford

its been awful

i asked for a reduction in DD payment

we go along for a short time then they want to increase this

but the way we are treated every time we contact EON is shocking seriously

They provided the deadlock letter and now EON refuse to talk to us following them taking 578.00 which they say is our new DD payment

did they write to you before they took the £578

detailing exactly when that would be taken

and atleast 7days before they did do it?

and they

No they never wrote to say that

when i was made aware I rung them and they said they sent an email

but they never sent it to my email address

I am still waiting for them to tell me where the email was sent

now they are saying that they will not discuss this with me because we have had a deadlock letter but that was in 2014 it has nothing to do with how they have manged things since

I only realised when i checked my on line banking

I would cancel the DD , and set up a SO.

Lodge a formal complaint with them BUT inform them that as it has been longer than 8 weeks since your first complaint, which they failed to rectify satisfactorily, you are now going to the energy ombudsman, to have the matter resolved as they are clearly not able to justify, nor explain the extremely extortionate amounts they are demanding, nor are they willing to investigate the matter.

£400 a month?? You're being royally shafted and mugged off!

• Haha 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I never let any of these have a DD setup

they just help themselves.

always cancel it

then use bacs or SO.

and they

I never let any of these have a DD setup

they just help themselves.

always cancel it

then use bacs or SO.

Yep, totally agree DX, all DD does is allow them access to your bank account to take what they want when they want.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you

I cancelled the DD when they took the 578.00 and am paying what I can towards the outstanding amount but they will not lodge any further complaint due to the deadlock letter despite making error after error

The ombudsman are saying also as we received our deadlock letter over 9 months ago it is unlikely they will take it on

We cannot change supplier as we have the outstanding debt caused by the year underestimated bill

Yesterday I had six automated phone call messages from EON

They are the most pig ignorant advisors that I have ever dealt with

wait for malc to pop in.

I suspect you owe 'something' obviously

so that 578 might cover it or some

let malc sort it out

dx

and they

have you got your last couple of sets of meter readings?

£70pm may be a little low but £400pm to recover the shortfall of around £500 ( average fuel bill for terrace house) for the year and a bit is extreme.

You need to check your meters by switching everything off and taking readings and then an hour later.

the mater should not have moved.

Then try turning things back on one at a time such as fridge etc and take readings after an hour the consumption should match the wattage of the item.

as for your gas meter,

is the display in Cu Ft or M3?

Check this against your bills as with older meters you may be using cuft and being charged for cubic metres, which is 28 times too much!

Thanks I will do that

There is a debt on the account as I explained which has come about after 15 months where we were paying 78.00 per month this was a fixed DD set by EON

after 15 months they wanted us to increase our DD to 392.00 DD per month based on our actual consumption for that year

of course we are now paying the outstanding debt and out ongoing consumption

our actual usage for the last few months (although I appreciate its summer averages at about £36.00 gas and £52.00 electric

Pffttt!! EON charge me £1,500 a year... I live alone and I have oil central heating/hot water and I don't have an oven, just a hob... I know that something's wrong with the meter but I'm worried they will check it and say it's ok and then charge me for checking it. On a very low income. (£500 a month after rent). TB

Good morning Archie1963,

I'm sorry for the delay on getting a reply on here for you.

It sounds a bit of a muddle here to be honest, I understand you were under paying for a while so we increased the Direct Debit to cover usage and the balance.

However, this appears to have been going on for some time.

Quite rightly you raised a complaint, this should then have been fully investigated and you should have had a complaints manager looking after this for you, this would then have been followed through to either a resolution or by getting a deadlock letter and then going to the ombudsman.

You say you did get the deadlock letter 9 months ago, did you go to the ombudsman when you received the letter? What did they say then?

I understand the account is still estimated, if so, you can just pop some reads on your online account and bring this fully up to date, you'll then know the position of the account.

I think at this point, this isn't a complaint I can actually take over, it's gone above me, but I can certainly get you in contact with the correct people. No one should be rude to you on the phone when you contact us that's not acceptable at all.

If you need me, please email all of your details and I'll get this passed on for you.

Thank you

Helena

Hi Helena

Thanks for your reply it is a real muddle

The deadlock letter was sent in 2015 but we then agreed with EON a £200 18 month payment plan because that is all they would agree going forward which is why it did not go to the ombudsman at that point,

however after arranging the 18 month payment plan they decided to increase that payment to £280.00 which I refused

their attitude and constant calling threatening letters ect ect,

they then reset the payment up but in August went into my account and took £578.00 which they say is my new DD figure!!!

I cancelled the DD got the £578.00 back and contacted EON

they said they emailed me regarding the DD increase but they didnt and they cannot tell me who that email went too

I complained they said I cannot complain as we have a deadlock letter (received in 2015)

i said this has nothing to do with that this is about the mismanagement of my account from that day forward

EON refuse to acknowledge complaints as the say it is connected to the deadlock letter

I have never in my life come across such a load of rubbish and as I said rude ignorant people with zero customer service skills

Last week i was receiving 6 automated messages a day asking me to call them

If this was a case that i was refusing to pay I could understand,

the debt was initially bought about by the underestimation,

however I provide meter reads on line to expect any customer unless you are a commercial property to pay £578.00 is utterly madness

I have cancelled my DD and have paid my last two payments to EON on line account they are still calling driving me insane

I am waiting for appointment with CAB as I believe the next step is legal action

Thank you very much for the reply.

I understand.

It sounds like it's linked as the balance and therefore, the payment amount is a result of the initial problem. But this is a guess as I haven't been involved and the reason I think it needs looking at.

If you wanted to have a word with the CAB first, then come back to me I'll still be more than happy to pass you on to the correct people.

You can just pop back on here, or drop me an email.

Thank you

Helena

Thanks Helena I will do however the initial underestimation does not give EON the right to continue mismanaging the account and treat customers in this disgusting way.

I work for an energy company myself thankfully they are not one of the big 6 and their customer service is amazing sadly i cannot switch to them or any other company because I am tied to EON because of this debt absolutely shocking

archie if you want to PM me or any siteteam member your details

we will fwd to Helena so you've not enough posts to do it directly

and they

Hello Archie1963,

Forgive me if I am mistaken, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere what type of contract you are in.

Are you in a fixed term contract that is due to expire in the next few months or do you have an upcoming 'review' date for an ongoing contract?

The reason I ask is that I know from being an E-On customer myself that they like to have the balance on the account as close to 0 as possible at the end of the contract or on the review date.

Therefore they will periodically check and review your direct debit payments to make sure you are on target.

Which might explain a huge rise in the direct debit and why your previous payments haven't covered enough.

That said, that's a shocking increase.

Have you been getting regular bills in that time so you could see how the debt was supposedly building up?

Do you send them regular meter readings?

If you haven't seen a statement from them regarding your payments and what you owe, ask them for this.

You don't have to say it's to do with your complaint

- you have a right to see this. I would also be inclined to do the meter test that ericsbrother set out so you can rule out any meter issues.

Any pearls of wisdom that I give on the CAG forums is based on previous experiences and knowledge I have gained from being on these forums.