BankFodder BankFodder

monkquito

Chased for Statute Barred Debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1287 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Can anyone help me out..

a month ago 1st Credit sent me a CCA (finally) for a debt which is now statue barred about two years ago.

Now they are starting to chase me again for the debt.

Any advice on how I should proceed?

Many thanks in advance,

M

Write to them recorded delivery and inform them that the debt statute barred and they are therefore prevented by CONC from taking any further action in relation to it. Tell them that unless they have some evidence to show that it is not statute barred, then if they continue to take action that you will complain to the ombudsman and eventually to the FCA

monkquito. are you 100% sure it is barred, no payments/acknowledgments. just double checking. :)

do you have a thread on it, what type of debt is it.

IMO

:-):rant:

Personally, IMO, I'd ignore them, and if they ever felt they had a solid case and took court action, then you have the ultimate defence, and have wasted them time and their precious money!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!