CCA sent 2 yrs ago, no response; now getting letters

h83hor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

I sent CCA to Lowells for 3 different accounts.

I had no response this was in 2014.

I have now received pre-legal assessment letters.

I have kept the post office recipts as I sent recoreded with 1 pound postal order.

I also sent to Bryan Carter as well.

(he respoded was on hold until could get info)

never heard back from any of the creditors until now???

How do I prove I sent CCA if it goes to court?

and do I need to send another CCA as its been 2 years??

Any help thanks

No never give them a second opportunity to provide the CCA.

You have the evidence you sent your lawful request, they failed to respond.

Who is sending these missives?

When did you take these accounts out and what are they?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Although you say you have kept the postal receipts, have you kept copies of the request you made?

I would respond in writing with a copy of the request and say to them that they have so far failed to respond to your requests dated XXX, copy enclosed. You deny the existence of any debt and you invite them again to supply you with the CCA.

Tell them that any attempt to take you to court and you will provide the court with all the evidence that they have been unable to respond to your statutory request and that they are treating you unfairly

HI,

I think I have copies of the letters on my old Laptop.

But although I have the receipts for the postage they are too old to track now,

Ive tried on the post office website.

the debts are for shop direct catalogues. Taken in 2012

.these haven’t been paid due to illness,

I am wanting to make a full and final to get this removed from my credit file as I want to buy a house in the next few years as I am expecting.

I am coming into some money from a family member soon and want to use to clear my credit file. But do not want a CCJ in the mean time.

Paying them off now will do nothing to clear your credit file, that's a myth creditors and DCA's user in order to get people to part with their hard earned!

You have receipts for the postage, that's all you need to prove you sent them.

The defaults will drop off your file on their sixth anniversary paid or not.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have read on CAG, that a full and final agreement is where you don't accept liability and you make it a part of the agreement that it is removed from the credit file if payment accepted??

For them to accept a F&F payment you would ideally need to prove that what they have is unenforceable in court, and that your offer will be the best they are likely to get out of you.

They won't as their greed knows no bounds.

I have read on CAG, that a full and final agreement is where you don't accept liability and you make it a part of the agreement that it is removed from the credit file if payment accepted??

Hello

from what I have read from this site is that is very very rare that if you do a Full and Final agreement

it will only ever show as settled, never removed so stays on your CRA regardless.

Regards

They will drop off in 2018, better to use money to save towards a deposit than give a fleecer coin unless they send a Court Claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

They haven't provided a response see to your cca request so they can't get a ccj. Stop worrying about it. It's just a phishing attempt to try and get money from you.

If they're stupid enough to go to court;, then you use the no paperwork defence.

Meanwhile get a sar off to the occasion and get reclaiming what you can.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

penalty charges, PPI etc . Depends what accounts theyre chasing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

paying off defaulted debts does NOT get the defaults removed

paid or not they are there for 6yrs.

go on holiday with the money

don't waste it on a fleecing DCA

it wont improve your score

nor chances of a mortgage.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes, if defaulted, then thats usually there to stay for the 6 regardless (unless its in error).

hence if already defaulted, then dont bend over for them. take it as far as poss.

Ok I have read on another forum,

where a gentleman did a CCA request,

the bank could not fulfil the request as they did not have the paper work and there for removed the default.

I am presuming Lowell have NO evidence as they're ignored my CCA. this is the quote from the forum "

The strategy relies on the fact that a Default warning letter was never sent out.

The law states that before a default can be issued the lender has to send a default warning letter.

This is an official looking letter that offers the customer a final 28 days to settle.

The letter also includes details of what a default is, and the effects of one being lodged against your name, ie might struggle to get new credit

If you want to continue then you'll be arguing the default issued against you was done so illegally because the correct paperwork procedure wasn't followed.

In effect you are going to be arguing on a technicality."

So I am hoping to argue on this basis that the default be removed?? any thoughts?

The ICO guidance on defaults doesn’t seem to mention anything with regards to the creditor proving the debt is yours via a CCA??

Surely if you are disputing legality of the credit agreement, as no proof of agreement.

ICO state default can be noted on credit file if agreement terms are not met regarding payments.

If there is no proof of an agreement then surely this doesn’t stand?

no sadly you are reading a very old site with very old advice.

the three letter syndrome ...

no CCA nor proof of DN does not mean default removal today

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's been there for the last 4 years, if you really wanted it removing then you would/should/could have done something about it at the time it was placed, exactly the same as the OC wanting their money back, they could/would/should have gone after it themselves within the first year you defaulted, they didn't.

SO it's of little importance to them, simply because they have recovered their losses from their insurance, and made some profit out of it, by the sale of a portfolio of debts, which will have contained yours, and sold for as little as 6p in the pound.