Appeal application apparently lost in post

squirrelly Whirley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I failed the PIP medical (by a mere few points). I'd gone through the Mandatory Reconsideration and had posted the paperwork to lodge an appeal before the imposed deadline.

On chasing this up, I found that the appeal paperwork had not been received by the tribunal. Thankfully, I had help from a welfare rights worker at my local housing association, who contacted the tribunal and managed to fax them a copy of said paperwork. It's really lucky that I chased this up. They will now process my application and get back to me with a date (hopefully not too far into the future).

Please, please, please keep on top of your paperwork. I'm sure it's very rare for important letters to disappear in the post, but it does happen.

If you have someone to help you, ask them to confirm that everything is proceeding as expected. If I hadn't asked my welfare rights worker if they'd received any news, I'd be none the wiser and my appeal would be going nowhere.

• Haha 1

It's only the DWP and LA's who ''lose'' paperwork, it doesn't surprise me one bit!

It will be somewhere within the BDO Wolverhampton mail handling centre has a black hole were letters never see the light of day again or is Wolverhampton the black hole?

It will be somewhere within the BDO Wolverhampton mail handling centre has a black hole were letters never see the light of day again or is Wolverhampton the black hole?

Yeah, the mail handling centres are terrible, and it's probably worse now that everything seems to be centralised at Wolverhampton. It seems less common for the Tribunals Service to lose stuff, but clearly the OP's situation shows that it does happen. I don't normally advise using a service like Recorded Delivery when sending letters to the DWP or HMCTS, but in the case of something like an appeal where the deadline is critical, I think it may be worthwhile.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I always send RM special Delivery or 1st Class Signed for when dealing with the benefits people (whoever they are).

I then keep an eye out on the RM track and Trace so I know they got it.

I then follow up every-time a couple of days after to make sure its not got lost.

They may well still lose the dam papers even though they have signed for them but at least I got proof that

they have been returned and so if they get lost I can argue with them that it is actually them that lost them.