Jump to content

Family loan repayment dispute

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1728 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Guest roaringmouse

You are also correct in that you CAN deal with it yourself and there is no legal requirement to employ a solicitor. BUT because of the amounts involved and the potential for someone suitably skilled in contract law to defend, I would suggest the cost of a solicitor to defend versus the potential to inadvertently admit to a loan that may not in law be a loan is worth the small cost.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have legal cover included in your house insurance ? most policies have this nowadays. If you do have it they will be ale to source a solicitor for you.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums



This site is run solely on donations


My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have asked my insurance company who should be coming back to me any time.


Having talked to a solicitor this afternoon, who suggested the same and that I ask for an extension, worst case is that if the claimant won't agree to an extension, then I can put a defense in and change that defense if I need to in the next 28 days


Once again thanks for everyone's help

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no requirement to ask anyone for an extension...you have 19 days from and including the date on the claim to acknowledge service and state your plea.You then have a further 14 days to submit any defence (33 days in total)

You cant amend a defence without the Courts /Claimants permission ..this requires an N244 application with hearing and a fee of £255...add costs of the claimants also for changing your defence.



We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service


If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...