Appeal from Written Warning

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They can also increase the punishment as well, instead of retracting it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thnak you for the answer.

Sorry for delay in replay.

The appeal was on Procedure ground.

I was not given the right to appeal(the letter I got after the meeting did not mention that) ,the person who was a witness for the company side was actual a manager involved in the case, and they did not show me the Company Disciplinary Procedure which they claimed they have(The initial letter invited me for the hearing stated that they will fallow their own prodedure).

I'm leaving the company now (I give my resignation) but I would like to just know if they are obligated to do the appeal hearing?

By obligated I mean by the law.

Probably no purpose as you are now leaving, unless you intend to sue them. Procedures can be shortened but there should always be a right to appeal. The company may well not state that at the time but it will be in the procedures written down somewhere, it will be up to you to find it, not necessarily them tell you where to look.

you can sue them, you will undoubtedly lose your claim as you havent been caused a loss and they can still have the appeal even though you have gone so what would you hope to gain? Not money and that is waht courts are about, placing a financial settlement on matters.

You say you asked for teh procedure 3 times, what do you mean by this as it doesnt make sense and if you dont use the correct wording to force them to follow protocols how can you expect them to do so. Also, you havent shown any evidence by way of your employment T&C's that they agree to follow the ACAS code or other CoP regarding disciplinary matters. If you mean that you asked them 3 times for sight of the company policy then that is not the same as asking to have your appeal considered. Did you put in a written appeal or just ask to submit one? Again, totally different things.