HPH2/Cohen Claimform - old HSBC Credit Card 'debt' ***Claim Discontinued***

RU753
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As dx advised you, enter "hsbc credit card claimform" into the cag searchbar on the res bit at the top and have a look at other like threads.

There is no stock templated defense, you have to adapt a defense for the PoC on your claimform

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ru read my thread here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?461022-HPH2-Cohen-Claim-Form-barclaycard-debt-***Settled-by-Tomlin-Order***/page22

Do not panic but follow instructions on here carefully. We are all here to help, you are not alone but you must realise that the worst you will get is a CCJ, the best is debt thrown out, and the middle ground a settlement mate.

re your post on another thread

there are no defence templates

there are no documents

you need to search cag as advised...

try post 62 here:

same sols same OC same POC

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?439549-hoist-Cohen-claimform-old-HSBC-credit-card-debt/page2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good Morning dx,

Thanks for the link, please could you look at my defence and see what you think?

Particulars:

1.The claim is for sum of £935.00 in respect of monies owing under an Agreement with the account no.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pursuant to The consumer credit Act 1974 (CCA)

2.The debt was legally assigned by MKDP LLP (Ex HSBC) to the Claimant and notice has been served.

3.The Defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the Agreement. A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to s.87(1) CCA.

The Claimant claims

The sum of £935.00

Interest pursuant to s69 of the county court Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from the 20/04/11 to the date hereof 1968 is the sum of £400

Future interest accruing at the daily rate of £ .21

Costs

Defence

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. It is admitted I have in the past had an agreement with HSBC but do not recognise this specific account number or recollect any outstanding debt and have therefore requested clarification by way of a CPR 31.14 and CCA 1974 section 78 request.

3.I do not recall receiving a legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1) from the original creditor.

4. On receipt of this claim, I the Defendant sent a request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, by way of a section 78 request for a true copy of the alleged agreement refer to in the Particulars. This is my right under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974. Along with the request a payment of the statutory fee of £1.00 was sent. The Claimant has refused this request and returned my £1.00 fee and so remains in Default of said section 78 request.

5. A further request was made via CPR 31.14, requesting disclosure of documents on which the Claimant is basing their claim. The claimant has not complied with said request.

6. It is therefore not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement by a signed true copy of the alleged agreement.

b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for and

c) show the nature of the breach and evidence by way of a Default Notice pursuant to section 88 CCA1974

d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim

e) show a signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the alleged agreement from HSBC to claimant

f) show a copy of any other documents referred to in the alleged agreement

7. As per Civil Procedure 16.5 it is expected that the claimants prove the allegation that the money is owed.

8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of section 136 of the Law of Property Act.

9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Edited by Andyorch
particulars added

Particulars added fro cross reference RU

You will see that you have failed to address their point 3

3.The Defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the Agreement. A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to s.87(1) CCA.

You can remove the parts in blue...stick to the tried and tested...no need to amend.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply.

How does this look:

Defence

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. It is admitted I have in the past had an agreement with HSBC but do not recognise this specific account number or recollect any outstanding debt and have therefore requested clarification by way of a CPR 31.14 and CCA 1974 section 78 request.

3.I do not recall receiving a legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1) from the original creditor.

4. On receipt of this claim, I the Defendant sent a request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, by way of a section 78 request for a true copy of the alleged agreement refer to in the Particulars. This is my right under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974. Along with the request a payment of the statutory fee of £1.00 was sent. The Claimant has refused this request and returned my £1.00 fee and so remains in Default of said section 78 request.

5. A further request was made via CPR 31.14, requesting disclosure of documents on which the Claimant is basing their claim. The claimant has not complied with said request.

6. It is therefore not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement

c) show the nature of the breach and evidence by way of a Default Notice pursuant to section 88 CCA1974

d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim

7. As per Civil Procedure 16.5 it is expected that the claimants prove the allegation that the money is owed.

8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of section 136 of the Law of Property Act.

9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

I have taken this part out as im not sure what it means

3.It is admitted I have received a legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1) from the original creditor.

Would the above mean that I agree to have received a letter from HSBC telling me that they are assigning it over to the claimant?

Many thanks,

ru

Yes the Notice of Assignment is a legal requirement to inform you of the sale/transfer of the debt from the original creditor (assignor ) to the DCA (assignee)

But you have still not addressed their point 3 ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Defence

3. I do not recall receiving a legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1) from the original creditor.

4.I do not recall receiving a legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1) from the original creditor.

5. On receipt of this claim, I the Defendant sent a request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, by way of a section 78 request for a true copy of the alleged agreement refer to in the Particulars. This is my right under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974. Along with the request a payment of the statutory fee of £1.00 was sent. The Claimant has refused this request and returned my £1.00 fee and so remains in Default of said section 78 request.

6. A further request was made via CPR 31.14, requesting disclosure of documents on which the Claimant is basing their claim. The claimant has not complied with said request.

7. It is therefore not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

e) show the contractual payments under the terms of the Agreement

8. As per Civil Procedure 16.5 it is expected that the claimants prove the allegation that the money is owed.

9. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of section 136 of the Law of Property Act.

10. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

How does the above look Andy?

Now your 3 & 4 are the same answer ?

They are talking about a default notice and why you failed to pay and breach the agreement

Nothing to do with assignment of debt?

why did you insert that freeman of the land twaddle is post 63? :frusty:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Andy, that was a mistake how does it look now :oops:

Defence

3. I do not recall receiving a legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1) from the original creditor.

4. Its denied that I was served a Default Notice I do not recall ever receiving a Default Notice pursuant to section 87(1) CCA or any advance notice or warning.

5. On receipt of this claim, I the Defendant sent a request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, by way of a section 78 request for a true copy of the alleged agreement refer to in the Particulars. This is my right under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974. Along with the request a payment of the statutory fee of £1.00 was sent. The Claimant has refused this request and returned my £1.00 fee and so remains in Default of said section 78 request.

6. A further request was made via CPR 31.14, requesting disclosure of documents on which the Claimant is basing their claim. The claimant has not complied with said request.

7. It is therefore not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

8. As per Civil Procedure 16.5 it is expected that the claimants prove the allegation that the money is owed.

9. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of section 136 of the Law of Property Act.

10. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

no e) deed...

be very careful following any info from FMOTL sites very careful.

and they

was due to be filed by 4pm..... stop dithering around

and they

Andy, that was a mistake how does it look now :oops:

Defence

4. Its denied that I was served a Default Notice I do not recall ever receiving a Default Notice pursuant to section 87(1) CCA or any advance notice or warning.

Perfect :thumb:

No just copy and paste that into mcol website

33 days from 13th is tomorrow

But as courts close at 4pm Fridays for the w/end......

and they

Hello Ford,

Could you check my thread and advise me on which document or template I need to send as a defense now? dx is helping me but the more help I get the better.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?469936-HPH2-Cohen-Claimform-old-HSBC-Credit-Card-debt&p=4950011#post4950011

Many many thanks,

ru753

you're in good hands, dont need me :)

I will copy and paste it tomorrow to be on the safe side and I guess it will show the date I uploaded as on time.

Thanks dx. :-)

no go do it NOW by midnight!!

should have been in TODAY by 4pm

and they

I have done it now dx.

Claim History

Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 22/09/2016 at 20:22:43

Your acknowledgment of service was received on 23/09/2016 at 08:21:36

Your defence was submitted on 14/10/2016 at 21:55:16

What happens next and what do I need to wait for?