I paid my speeding fine, now find they returned payments & its 5xgreater now - help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They have received the completed s172 form . The CPU acknowledged they had all the paperwork that I returned, only it was missing my physical driving license. I'll contact them again tomorrow and get an answer on that.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, apologies for reopening a 3 week old thread,

but I'm just posting the results now that I have my internet back up.

I went to court to plead my case.

As soon as I mentioned I didn't send my license in that was all they needed to hear.

They explained they would revert the fine and points back to the original £100 fine and 3 points and I was in and out within 2 minutes.

It was a room of around 8-10 women, the judge was looking at me like I was a giant heart shaped diamond with chanel handbags orbiting around me from start to finish.

Really pleasant experience and the complete opposite of what I expected.

HOWEVER! Once the paperwork come back through with my updating speeding fine and points,

I noticed once again (exactly like my original forms) it didnt state anywhere for me to send my physical driving license off.

I rang the DVLA directly and asked them about this and she said I do NOT need to send my license in as it's all done online (like I said in my original post),

why I was taken to court for not sending my license in is beyond me.

I'm expecting another court case in my absense in 5 months time anyway.

As the matter was dealt with at court, you would not need to send your licence anywhere, the court notify the DVLA of the penalty automatically. It is only required to be sent to the police to accept the fixed penalty.