AO.Com and Faulty? Microwave Purchased on the 21st Sept..**RESOLVED**

classe

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a Bosh microwave from AO.com

I have previously used this company with no problem always quick and efficient delivery.

The microwave has the Quartz grill that we wanted.

It was delivered Wednesday the 21st sept,

on using it today for two slices of cheese on toast it's supposed to take 5-7 mins according to the instructions, because the grill goes off for far too long before coming back on it takes about 15 mins,

on using the microwave for heating a bowl of soup the microwave stopped working but the seconds stayed illuminated the light went out and the motor stopped, my wife opened the door and closed it again and it started working and is still working.

I telephoned AO and was told a Bosh engineer has to call to confirm the fault then they will replace it or give a refund,

I explained it is an intermittent fault and the grill does not perform as it should so I would like to return it and have a refund or different microwave.

I am now in dispute regarding their claims of good customer service as on their website and my request under the consumer protection act 2015 for a full refund.

An engineer cannot attend until 29 th sept, if the fault does not appear ( when do they ever ) it will be classed as a used item.

I could have just made sure it was clean repacked it and had it taken back. But I'm to honest.

I do not class treating repeat customers or any customers in this way.

Do they have the right to insist on a engineer visit or should they just give a refund ?

It completely depends on how long you have had the device for. Its subject to the Consumer Rights Act. If the device is faulty to some aspect etc You have the right to reject it within 30 days etc

While normally i wouldn't quote these guys as such, Which have a good PDF Guide for this.

ConsumerRightsSummary-GoodsOL.pdf

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

the item was purchased less than 14 days ago

you don't need a reason to return it for a full refund

and within 30days if it proves faulty

then its a full refund too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had the microwave for two days trying it out once.

The grill did not perform as it states in its instructions and the microwave cut out once.

AO .com will not give a refund or accept it back without a Bosh engineers report.

I am now stuck with this item until the 29th next week. If the engineer does not find fault or agree the grill is at fault I have been told I will only get a partial refund in line with AO terms and conditions.

They have to refund it ~ you have 30 days for refund on a item which is faulty read the leaflet in the post above, send CEO od AOL A Complaint if they fob you off again for starters keep detail of all letters pgone calls etc meantime.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Only email the CEO if you find you have issues with dealing with the frontline staff...

Escalation is a serious matter for the consumer. Dont waste your shot if you need to take it.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi

I am pleased to say AO.com responded to my email to the CEOs and customer service department,

I will be receiving a replacement microwave tomorrow and the other one taken back.

It should not have escalated to this level

but AO.com have dealt with my complaint and restored my faith in this company.

I will continue to buy from them in the future.

they had no choice really.

shame so many retailer a STILL live in their darkages...

dx

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover its expenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

or by downloading our toolbar and using it to search the web instead of your normal search engine:- http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php

Please help.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Whats the sound... *ping*

Your microwave is here :p

Have you got it yet? AO.com are a good company... They seem to have a good Rep too...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I love AO for their products and delivery. The problem I have with them is as soon as you buy anything, they ring you and sell you an unwanted warranty without telling you what you are buying. Lots of smoke and mirrors and you have signed up.

I have complained twice about this.