Mobile phone penalty points and fines to double

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Drivers caught using handheld mobile phones in Britain are to face "much tougher penalties", with fines and points doubling, the government says.

Under new rules expected to come in next year, drivers will get six points on their licence and face a £200 fine.

Newly qualified drivers could be made to retake their test the first time they are caught.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37389800

should be an instant 12mth ban

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I couldn't agree more!

Use of mobile as a phone when driving should be instant ban for 12 months. 2nd offence, 5 year ban. 3rd offence, jail.

Use of phone to text when driving should be 5 year ban 1st offence unless a collision is involved, in which case 12 months minimum in jail.

I cannot stress enough here that texting when driving is significantly more dangerous than driving drunk. When drunk, people generally are trying hard to drive well even if not successfully. Texting drivers are concentrating on texting and not on driving.

I see this every day and I do mean every single day. I have shouted across at other drivers when stationary in traffic to put their phone down and have many times been told to foxtrot oscar. The problem is they do it because they are very, very unlikely to get caught. They do not think for a moment that they might kill someone!