TPS Parking Charges on NHS Hospital site

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i'm a newby on this forum and need a bit of advice re everyone's friends TPS.

I have had two run-ins with them in the last month at my place of work.

The NHS trust I work for have been using use TPS for their parking for about 6 years with staff paying a monthly parking charge which comes directly out of our salary.

The first incident was a simple case of my parking pass falling out of my windscreen and ending up on the car floor.

They issued a “Parking Charge” for failure to display a valid parking pass.

I have appealed this one and await their initial reply.

The second one was for my motorcycle which I sometimes park between two buildings. There are no “No Parking signs” or “No Motor vechicles beyond this point” signs etc in this immediate area and I have been parking my bike here for over 4 years and one of my ex colleagues for over 20 years without any issues.

Following a Fire and Rescue service inspection it was deamed by Fire and Rescue that any vehicle parked here is a risk of fire due to arson.

The site estates department obviously asked TPS to start ticketing to stop people parking rather than get any signs or notices put up to that effect.

The ticket from TPS states

“Parking attendant x had reasonable cause to to believe that the following breach of the terms and conditions of parking occurred on private land (details of which were clearly and prominently displayed and agreed to by the driver by the act of parking the vehicle).

Issue Reason:

“The vehicle was incorrectly positioned to the inconvenience of other users.”

Then in scrawled pen “Fire Risk – one warning issued”

I have to say that I did ignore the first warning that had the same lame

“vehicle incorrectly positioned rubbish” on but scrawled in pen ( not in block capitals) was possibly Risk of fire which I read as “risk of fine”

This was a load of rubbish as I was not blocking any doors, exits or blocking anything else causing an obstruction.

Following issue of the ticket I contacted the estates manager responsible for parking and he informed me that Fire and Rescues issue was the close proximity to the building

- apparently this needs to be 1.5 metres from the building and parking this far away from the walls would indeed be blocking access in the area.

Obviously I have stopped parking here as it was a perfectly valid inspection by Fire and Rescue and I can understand their reasons - they are not my problem, TPS are !

Whats are your thoughts on both of these misdemeanors ?

Parking charges demanded are £60 or 30 if paid within 14 days for each "offence".

Looking round various forums the standard advice in the past seems to have been ignore these clowns

i'm wondering if the situation has changed following the Barry Beavis v's Parking eye ruling and have TPS now grown some teeth and are willing to go to court which I don't really want to do and risk a CCJ.

Thanks

Beavis does not give any PPC magic powers

But no you should not ignore them

As for this bit about fire access etc quite laughable for them to use that as a reason to issue....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I see you have to pay for parking

so you have supremacy of contract.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The decision to prohibit parking on the grounds of fire safety following a review by the Fire Service is justifiable, supremacy of contract or not (you shouldn't park a skip within 3 metres of a building either!). However, there must be signage to indicate the fact to the motorist.

who did the risk assessment and where was it published? Anyway, that is a H&S matter that can result in your employer taking action but nothing to do with some ex-clamper and his pad of tickets.

Phohibition is never a contractual matter, you cannot agree to break the law.