• Tweets

• Thank-you dx for your feedback. That is the reason I posted my opinion, because I am trying to learn more and this is one of the ways to learn, by posting my opinions and if I am incorrect then being advised of the reasons I am incorrect. I am not sure if you have educated me on the points in my post that would be incorrect. However, you are correct on one point, I shall refrain from posting on any other thread other than my own going forward and if you think my post here is unhelpful, misleading or in any other way inappropriate, then please do feel obliged to delete it but educate me on the reason why. To help my learning process, it would be helpful to know what I got wrong other than it goes against established advice considering the outcome of a recent court case on this topic that seemed to suggest it was dismissed due to an appeal not being made at the first stage. Thank-you.   EDIT:  Just to be clear, I am not intending to go against established advice by suggesting that appeals should ALWAYS be made, just my thoughts on the particular case of paying for parking and entering an incorrect VRN. Should this ever happen to me, I will make an appeal at the first stage to avoid any problems that may occur at a later stage. Although, any individual in a similar position should decide for themselves what they think is an appropriate course of action. Also, I continue to be grateful for any advice you give on my own particular case.  
    • you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

I'm unbelievably scared and have been really stupid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm new to this and have been behaving in a way that is incredibly stupid.

.. Please don't underestimate to the extent that I know this!

I have been shoplifting for the last 18 months predominantly from the same shopping centre.

I genuinely don't even know why I do it as I have 2 beautiful children and am risking everything for items I'm not even bothered by particularly.

Whilst it is no excuse I have been extremely depressed since the very premature birth of my eldest, which has been constantly exassabated by the birth of my second and then the break down of my marriage..

. None of which is excuses my behaviour in the slightest.

I was caught june'15 and given a warning and put on the stopwatch system (I think for a year).

.. I completely stopped as of then until January of this year when things got particularly bad personally and have continued to regularly do it (I know how stupid I have been!).

Last Friday I had brought a few items in RI and exchanged an item in boots (had a receipt) but had also taken some items from superdrug and the proceeded to go into monsoon and picked up 2 tops which I had every intention of trying on and no intention of taking.

I then put the items on top of my shopping bag with the hangers in the bag to stop the tops going onto the floor (they were white/cream) to try on a jacket and then as I was taking said jacket on noticed the time and that I had to go to tesco before collecting my daughter and hung the jacket up picked my bag up and walked towards the door without thinking.

This obviously set the alarms off and I quickly realised what I had done and turned round and gestured to the employee it was me and I was sorry and got the items out of the bag which she came over and took from me and looked at them but, said it was ok,

I'm not in anyway excusing my behaviour and realise I need to start addressing my issues and prioritising my children over my selfish behaviour but, now I am SICK with worry that I will have a policeman turn up at the house because this will have in some way of alerted security and they will look back at CCTV and be investigating me!

Please don't judge me because whilst I know I deserve it I really do know what sort of person I am!

I guess my real questions are how likely is this?

I have always just carried on walking if I've set off an alarm before (I know not right).

And how long will my details have been kept on stopwatch.

Many thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to CAG. On here we don't judge especially as you seem to have issues beyond your control. For this I feel a visit to your GP for a chat in confidence will be a good start and your GP may offer counselling or CBT and may even offer a short course of happy pills. I ca assure you as a regular user of anti depressants, they don't turn you into a zombie.

As for the shoplifting, chances are that your details will be kept on file for quite some time but I am only guessing.

As this was from Tesco, they may have given you a civil recovery sheet from RLP. In your present state, this may affect you more than others. Please say whether they have said anything about paying a fine?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

thank you and I'm already on the case... Just seems to be taking some time!

Sorry, that explanation was rambling at best! I was caught last year in boots but was just given a warning from police and told by boots that I would be put on Shopwatch. There was no fine or ban. The instance in this case where the alarms sounded was in Monsoon.

Thank you

The shop assistant just said "ok", to which I apologised again and she smiled and I left... There was no more said! I don't think I actually even walked passed the alarm stands just near them and I then realised what I had done. I sincerely had no intention of shoplifting them x

Hi,

I'm new to this and have been behaving in a way that is incredibly stupid... Please don't underestimate to the extent that I know this!

I have been shoplifting for the last 18 months pro dominantly from the same shopping centre. I genuinely don't even know why I do it as I have 2 beautiful children and am risking everything for items I'm not even bothered by particularly. Whilst it is no excuse I have been extremely depressed since the very premature birth of my eldest, which has been constantly exassabated by the birth of my second and then the break down of my marriage... None of which is excuses my behaviour in the slightest.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I was caught june'15 and given a warning and put on the stopwatch system (I think for a year)... I completely stopped as of then until January of this year when things got particularly bad personally and have continued to regularly do it (I know how stupid I have been!). Last Friday I had brought a few items in RI and exchanged an item in boots (had a receipt) but had also taken some items from superdrug and the proceeded to go into monsoon and picked up 2 tops which I had every intention of trying on and no intention of taking. I then put the items on top of my shopping bag with the hangers in the bag to stop the tops going onto the floor (they were white/cream) to try on a jacket and then as I was taking said jacket on noticed the time and that I had to go to tesco before collecting my daughter and hung the jacket up picked my bag up and walked towards the door without thinking. This obviously set the alarms off and I quickly realised what I had done and turned round and gestured to the employee it was me and I was sorry and got the items out of the bag which she came over and took from me and looked at them but, said it was ok,

I'm not in anyway excusing my behaviour and realise I need to start addressing my issues and prioritising my children over my selfish behaviour but, now I am SICK with worry that I will have a policeman turn up at the house because this will have in some way of alerted security and they will look back at CCTV and be investigating me!

Please don't judge me because whilst I know I deserve it I really do know what sort of person I am!

I guess my real questions are how likely is this? I have always just carried on walking if I've set off an alarm before (I know not right). And how long will my details have been kept on stopwatch.

Many thanks in advance

Shopping centres have numerous thefts taking place on a daily basis. Unless you were stopped on the day and the Police called out, i doubt they would turn up at your house.

I think you know that you have to address the reasons why you are doing this and that might require you to talk to your Doctor about any cognitive behaviour therapy for depression that is available locally. You might remember the famous wealthy TV chef who got caught stealing at Tesco and he admitted to doing it on a regular basis. I think he suggested that it was probably a mental health issue, as he had no other explanation for the behavior.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the clarification. As you are on the shopwatch scheme, it is likely you will be monitored whenever you go into a store. You may even be followed by security staff. Not a good thing to happen. The shopwatch scheme will be all over the shopping centre just so you are aware. Chances are you will be monitored. I suspect the security guard saw something and decided to treat you lightly. They could have called the Police.

All I can suggest is get the help you need, keep your nose clean and over time whatever monitoring will cease- even if you are unaware of the monitoring.

If ever you need a 'kick up the backside', we can help with that too :-)

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I won't launch into my 'Jeremy Kyle' style sorry state of a life but, put it this way... I've recognised I have a habit of taking the least resistant route to self destruction! I am on the road to trying to sort it as i have two very important people to look after and they are far more important than the latest expensive make up.

I have just read a quite a few posts on here about the police tracking people to their addresses? I'm almost bordering on going in to the police station and turning myself in! X

I've only ever been stopped by a security guard over the boots situation last year and got off a hell of a lot lighter than I should have. (I wasn't stopped last week and haven't been previously) Potentially, as I proved I had the money and offered to pay for the goods or whatever fine on the spot and was utterly devastated (although 'apparently' not enough for my own good!)

Thank you all again

If the police were not involved at the time,it is highly unlikely they will now. Try not to stress too much over this (if you can) or worry about the police who have much more important things to deal with such as catching someone doing 33 in a 30MPH zone.

You have given yourself two very good reasons not to do this again and that (I think) should be foremost in your mind should you find yourself tempted again.

Good luck to you.

How likely is it that they will look back at other CCTV I.e. Super drug

Most CCTV is kept for around a month unless it is to be used in a court case where it is secured. If every store kept every video of shoplifting whether caught or not, there would me mountains of DVDs around so I would think that other images would have been deleted by now.

I meant the superdrug aspect of it (where I actually did take the item and wasn't stopped). Sorry I'm being a pain in the backside it's just that I've spent the sleepless nights trawling every post on here and was surprised as the number of people that have had the police turn up at their houses weeks after! Hence the constant fear?

I meant the superdrug aspect of it (where I actually did take the item and wasn't stopped). Sorry I'm being a pain in the backside it's just that I've spent the sleepless nights trawling every post on here and was surprised as the number of people that have had the police turn up at their houses weeks after! Hence the constant fear?

I have only seen one case recently where the police visited so if you can link me to those threads, I would be grateful. What I would say is that in a lot of cases, the original poster doesn't come back to update us so we have to assume that no news is good news.

As I said, no police were involved with Monsoon, they suffered no loss as they got the stuff back. Nobody can say 100% that nobody will turn up but in the superdrug case, nothing happened to you so chances are they have deleted the video from that day.

It is my belief that once you start talking to someone, this fear you have may lessen. Once you understand more, the easier it becomes. you can take my word for that as I have had to have counselling in my past and just talking things over has a healing effect. A problem shared etc.

• Haha 1

It's taken me since Saturday to work out how to write a thread so that's a bit of an ambitious ask 🙈 But, there was a woman over a mascara from boots, another over a child's cost from tesco' s and a girl over some shopping in I think Sainsbury's who received a phone call! Plus a few from years a go!

I really appreciate all your advice and I suppose my just going to have to be honest and just face what comes at me if it does x

Have I potentially made it worse?

what was meant to put my mind at ease has just made me feel more uneasy.

.. I decided to go to said shopping centre today as I've actually lost my purse and my boots card was at the police station!

I first went to the police station and collected my card...

No issue and they had previously contacted me about it so had my details.

Then I went to monsoon and inquired after my purse..

. Fine then boots to check what was left on my card

at which point my daughter asked for a drink

paid for it on my points card.

As we walked out she then said she was hungry so went back in again and got some food again paying on boots card.

As we walked through the exit two police officers walked directly towards me (heart failure!) and then passed me!

I then had a few other bits to do and walked back through the shopping centre.

Asked a member of security about my purse who radio'd through and apologised but it hasn't been handed in and the proceeded to leave and go to tesco's.

The policemen scared me witless and am now paranoid that they were going into boots as I'd used my bank card x

Club card even x

no harm done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so what

they cant do anything

if they wanted too it would have to have been at the time of the incident

and as foxy has pointed out, there was no 'loss'

for them to do anything about.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Urm.. I think you'll find they are years old?

Do you mean the police?

Copy and paste the thread title hede

and they