Xercise4less: Submitted the 'cancel my membership' Form

mich-0088
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys, first time posting here.

I just submitted the 'cancel my membership' form for my xercise4less membership.

I did this because my 12 month student contract is up and according to my local branch I was now 'eligible' to cancel.

I feel I may have messed up because in the 'additional comments' section I put my reason for not renewing was because I have permanently moved away. I am concerned they may ask for proof of this?

Can they ask for proof of moving away even when you have completed your 12 month contract with them?

Surely they won't ask for proof even when the contract is officially up? I could have put the words 'I hate this gym' or 'i can't be bothered to renew'

Thanks,

Mike

can they ask for proof of moving even when you are out of your 12 month contract?

Hi Mich and welcome to CAG

If the m/ship's initial 12 month minimum period is up, it doesn't matter at all why you're cancelling.

Proof is only needed if you have to cancel BEFORE the minimum initial m/ship period is over - eg if you were moving, ill, injured or made redundant.

This info is only asked for by the gym so they know what they're getting right or wrong.

See the guide here on what to do (if it's not too late) - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452671-Cancelling-your-Gym-Agreement-Get-it-right-!

You normally have to make 1 final monthly fee payment after you give notice. After that, cancel the DD via your bank.

Make sure you keep a copy of any email response from the gym about cancelling; Make a note of the time and date you cancelled;If you use the gym during the final month, give the gym staff a letter confirming that you cancelled on xxdate via X4Less online cancelling system.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thank you for your reply slick, three things.

1) My 12 months are officially up on the 27th of September. I rang up my local xercise4less branch today and they said I am eligible now to cancel membership and told me to put that i am 'out of my 12 month contract' even though it's actually out on the 27th.

2)Do they reply within 30 days with an email confirming the cancellation?

3)When you fill in your cancellation notice online, you tick a box confirming that you will not cancel your DD via your bank because xercise4less will cancel it for you.

Thanks again.

Hi Mich,

Please confirm the date your DD is normally taken each month, so we can advise you when to cancel the DD mandate.

As I said above, even if you've fulfilled the minimum m/ship criterion, you still have to give 1 month's notice to cancel.

Take time to read other X4Less and/or Harlands threads and you'll see exactly why we would say you must ALWAYS cancel the DD yourself when the time is right. X4Less just cannot be trusted to process a cancellation properly. And that's when Harlands will say, "You have cancelled your DD without notice so you owe for the missed monthly fee plus our ludicrous penalty fees."

There's no saying if X4Less will reply confirming the cancellation. Only time will tell.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

So evenafter filling in this form, and completing the membership you signed up for, after 30 days they may still charge you monthly? is this the case for the majority of cases?

My DD date hasn't been consistent but it has always been the end of the month (anywhere from the 26th to 31st).

How can they get away with this? They are literallly the dregs of society. If I had a kid who worked for harlands I would literally disown it :tape::tape::tape::tape:

Edited by mich-0088

So even after filling in this form, and completing the membership you signed up for, after 30 days they may still charge you monthly? is this the case for the majority of cases? - X4Less have a bad reputation for not processing cancellations, particularly if you just leave a letter with gym staff or if you send an email about cancelling.

My DD date hasn't been consistent but it has always been the end of the month (anywhere from the 26th to 31st). - You gave notice to cancel on 19th September so you need to allow the DD to be taken by the end of September and, once that's been paid, cancel the DD mandate YOURSELF via your bank. DO NOT leave this to X4Less and Harlands as they cannot be trusted.

How can they get away with this? They are literally the dregs of society. If I had a kid who worked for harlands I would literally disown it :tape::tape::tape::tape: - we're working on this but, because Harlands don't actually DO anything much apart from make threats or cause them to be made by others, the CMA have not yet decided to take direct action. Also, Trading Standards are no longer the force they used to be (due to lack of Local Authority funding).

See my replies to your last post in blue above.

See how your cancellation goes. It may be dealt with properly by X4Less and Harlands, in which case, happy days !!

If it goes wrong in any way, let us know and we'll assist as necessary.

Edited by slick132

I will post on here as soon as I hear anything. Is there more of a success rate doing the online cancellation form? also do you think calling my local branch to see if my cancellation request was received is a good idea?

Once again, many thanks for your help.

Hi Mich,

Don't bother calling the gym about the cancellation. Anything they tell you will count for nothing.

Re the online cancelling, I'd say there's a better chance of it being dealt with properly compared to if you'd cancelled verbally at the gym or by phone.

Don't bother guessing what will happen. Just cancel the DD mandate when the Sept DD has been taken.

Then let us know if you hear anything further from the gym or Harlands.