Vodafone Default - Fraud - **RESOLVED** - **DEFAULT REMOVED**

funkar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Cagers, I need some advice.

On 30th of April 2015, while I was watching my son’s cricket match on ground,

I received an email from Vodafone welcoming me on their network with a new contracted account which I never bought.

I sensed something is wrong and called Vodafone customer service straight away.

They told me after confirming my address and dob that I have just purchased a contract with an iPhone from them.

I told them that someone must have used my details so please cancel it straight away.

As I responded to this purchase very swiftly, iPhone delivery was also stopped.

I was told that account is closed and matter will be forwarded to fraud department.

I also advised Vodafone that please flag my details in your system as not to be sold any contract for a certain period to avoid any more attempts.

That person later on bought one or two more contracts from Vodafone, one from EE and one from O2.

I kept on informing and cancelling every time I get something in my mailbox or letterbox and thanks to all as they were all very cooperative and honest except ONE which is Vodafone.

Now, here is the main story.

On 13th of July 2015, I received an invoice from Vodafone dated 8th of July 2015 demanding £177.28 as invoice saying that I made two purchases of mobile phone contracts.

I called them straight away but their automated call handling system DID NOT recognized the account or mobile number I had on that invoice and didn’t let me choose any option to go further with customer service.

On this I thought that because of their computer is not recognizing the account or mobile number on invoice then the account must have been deleted and this invoice would have generated earlier OR in error.

But I was wrong, after a week (on 19th jul 2015 ) I received a default notice in post from Vodafone dated 13th jul 2015 demanding same money otherwise I’ll be registered as bad debt with credit rating agencies.

This was serious, next day, on 20th July 2015, after much struggle in finding vodafone’s geographical customer number (03333040191)

I called and spoke to a lovely lady called ‘Candy’.

She was helpful and after listening to me she promised that matter will be pulled back and passed to fraud team and I will receive a confirmation too in 72 hrs.

After 2 weeks, A letter dated 3rd August 2015 was delivered to me on the very same day 03rd August 2015 (:!: How :!:) in the morning post from a debt collection agency called ‘Collect Direct’ demanding same money £177.28 urgently on behalf of Vodafone.

I wrote a letter to collect direct explaining the story and also provided crime reference number which was obtained from ‘Action Fraud’ on these unauthorized purchases.

After few days I received a comforting letter from Vodafone saying that

A mobile phone account was opened in my name recently without my authorisation and has now been closed.

We are now doing everything to prosecute the criminals.

Being victim of fraud is worrying but we can’t disclose any further details due to legal reasons.

We have also ensured all record of this fraudulent application has been removed from your credit file.’

This was very relaxing and I thought matter is finally put to rest.

I never received any letter or email from Vodafone or Collect Direct after that about anything.

It’s been a year to this incident now.

As I am in property buying and selling business, I recently applied for a mortgage.

To my surprise the broker came back to me saying that lender is only offering high rates as you have a default on your credit file.

SHOCKED !! never ever missed a payment, how come there is a default !!

I didn’t believe the broker and subscribed to Equifax and saw myself.

YES, VODAFONE deceived me and marked a default on my credit file with same amount £177 and same account .

I reverted back to lender explained all with all the paperwork I have but they won’t change their decision as they only go by the books.

They say that they will recheck my credit file in first week of October 2016 (2 weeks from now) and if this default is still there then there will be only high rate mortgages and low amount of lending will be available for me.

This will blow me out big time as my whole year’s investment and hard work will go down the drain and might run me out pocket and eventually out of business. My credit file matter at this time is very serious for me.

I want to ask;

- Is there any ways i could get my credit file fixed asap ??

- Would vodafone or equifax be able to do it before 2 weeks ?

I am already started to make a flow chart for word press. SAR, LBA and MCOL procedures are also prepared to kick off but they need 14 days and then so on which will not sort my problem within 2 weeks.

I haven’t spoken or written to Vodafone, Equifax and/or any solicitor yet and will do so after some advice on group.

Thanks in advance to all who read and comment.

Evening Funkar

Sorry to hear of your issues with Voda... We all have had trouble with them in some form but they are getting better.

Now we all have differing opinions on how to deal with Voda here, Some will say Court.. .Some will say Write, I say email...

So take your pick but... I have been in contact with the exec team a few times in the last year and they solved a very severe issue where my bills werent generating for all my numbers and they were fantastic.

So lets get you started.

Voda now has a new Chief Exec and staff

Once emailed, you will get contacted by the CR staff from the Exec Team.

Now you can play this one of 2 ways, either you can...

1. Write in with a LBA and give them 14 - 21 days and initiate Legal action - But only do this if you plan to issue a court claim

2. Go with a lighter tone and raise a formal complaint. But advise them should you not get a satisfactory resolution, then you will consider your options with court.

Vodafone can fix your CRA within 3 days if using a system that they own, but if they directly report to the CRAs through the CRAs system, they can delete it instantly. But if you are using a free service then it can take up to 30 days for it to amend on a free service from Noddle or Callcredit.

If you need help then please do let me know. I used to work very closely with these guys, I know a lot more about them then they know :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You seem to have been very patient and trusting of vodafone, that was probably your biggest mistake, vodafone have the most shocking customer service.

You wont get very far on the fone with them so you must send an email to the addresses posted above headed "Formal Complaint" and address it to the CEO. You can also follow that with a hard copy letter.

Give them no more than the 14 days to resolve the default issue and send copies of relevant documents supporting your complaint.

You should also add a paragraph about the potential losses you will suffer as a result of failing to rectify the issue and the potential claim.

Edited by martin2006

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Theres no longer a vodafone rep on here, you need to communicate directly with the CEO office.

Fkofilee has good knowledge re vodafone

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

You think Vodahone is bad. Beginning of the month i get a letter from 02 for the previous occupant saying welcome to your new contract. I have been here for over a year and she passed away.

They just did not want to know. My problem the same as yours is in the automatic computer processing with no human interaction. It is like pulling teeth.

But i did get it sorted by contacting the Directors office which is your best bet with Vodaphone.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?469129-02-Fraud-with-my-Address

forum.vodafone.co.uk ,

This is where the web team has moved.

They will answer there and not anywhere else.

I have sent a formal complaint letter in post to vf customer services demanding resolution in 14 days.

Also emailed same context to customer services cc-ing nick.jeffery and vittorio.colao.

I'll give them 3/4 working days to look into it before chasing them up.

an automated reply from customer services email was received 5 minutes after sending

saying they will respond in 48 hours. so lets see.

Thanks obiter dictum and martin2006 again.

I would have sent it to the CEO rather than cc- ing them, but you can always fire it up higher if you get no joy with cust service

UPDATE.

after three days of submitting online complaint at vf webform ( http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Contact-Us/Contact-Us/td-p/1994065 ) and sending in post, the default was removed from my Equifax File. Very quick resolution.

Thanks to all of you who contributed advising me.

---- Case Closed ----

Funkar - Thank you for the update :)

Glad we could have been some help :)

Would you consider making a donation to keep the site going?

FKO

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Dont forget to check Experian and callcredit aswell

Well done 👌

Just hit the donate button at the bottom of the posts 😀