Parking Eye - I paid the parking charge and didn't overstay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone please give me some advice on what to do next?

I parked in a Parking Eye carpark and paid the appropriate fee. I left before my time was up. I then received a fine and it appears I only entered half my car number rather than the full one. It's a small carpark so it's perfectly obvious that no one else parked there with that combination of letters at those exact times. I've since checked and there IS a sign (set very high above normal eye level when using the machine) saying that I should enter the full number, but it's not a carpark I've used before so I didn't notice.

I appealed to Parking Eye who offered to reduce the fee to £20, then I appealed to POPLA and this has been turned down.

Could someone suggest my next move. Should I just pay up - the fee is now in full again? It seems so unfair as I paid for the time I was there and they aren't suggesting otherwise. Can someone really "fine" me in some enforceable way for not entering my car number properly?

Hi

If I can find it, I will post up something about this. I think it might have been a court case that was lost by the PPC who made a claim based on only part of the number plate inputted.

As it is, you paid for the time you stayed so there can be no loss whatsoever. Parking Eye know this but because they are money grubbing and think they are above the law because they won a supreme court case.

POPLA are going down in my opinion and although they do let a lot of appeals through, ones like this, they seem to be useless.

PE do take a lot of cases to court and while the may try this on with you, they pick and choose which ones based on the likelihood of winning.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

From some research, if you still have the P&D ticket, photocopy that and send it to PE to show you have paid. On occasion they do cancel the ticket (but don't hold your breath)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you. I really appreciate that. I've had a couple of encounters with supposed Ombudsmen lately and they do seem pretty useless as they don't apparently read what is put in front of them!

I'm quite determined about this as I feel I paid for what I received and they haven't lost a penny. I think I would be happy to defend this further if necessary.

That only makes a difference if the parking co fail to follow the protocols to create a keeper liability. This is not about that argument as PE get their paperwork right. they just get the parking bit wrong.

Does that not identify you Graye as the driver, negating the protection from cock-ups by PE under PoFA?