BT Broadband dropping every night after 7pm

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I am using BTHH5 and every night my broadband is dropping from 35MGB to 3-4MGB after 7pm. I am having a nightmare with BT understanding what I am trying to tell them and have an Engineer coming out tomorrow morning to look at the fault. The problem is, the broadband will be fine when they come out to look at it. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Ryan

ok i will try and give you pointers . my first point would be its peak time , have you switched the router off and on again when the speed drops to see whether that fixes it . what this would do is put your pipe on the least busy server . since it is peak time you could be in a very busy area that is very close to their contention ratio , so 7 ish comes along and more people are on it . it will be interesting to see what the enginner says since i cannot see it being hardware because you get a decent speed the rest of the day

Yes, I've tried that and also completely resetting the hub. It doesn't make any sense to me as the other night it was fine at 7:30 then just after 8 it had dropped to 3mgb and stayed that way until midnight when I went to bed. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow with the Engineer.

Or ditch the lot and get proper cable Broadband from Virgin (if available):wink:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Or ditch the lot and get proper cable Broadband from Virgin (if available):wink:

Agree with that. I will be returning to Virgin when this contract it up.

Switch your hub off overnight and get a different IP address and see if that has any affect.

one thing i thought of is are you wired into the router or wirless since if your wireless you can get interferance i did at my last address when someone stuck his routuer or it use to blot a lot of my connectivity out resulting in very poor speeds

one thing i thought of is are you wired into the router or wirless since if your wireless you can get interferance i did at my last address when someone stuck his routuer or it use to blot a lot of my connectivity out resulting in very poor speeds

In that sort of situation it's best to change the channel that your router is using in the settings.

To figure out the best channel you can get various WiFi scanner apps for free on Android/iOS and it'll check the various networks and what channel they're using.