Tiger sheds - Substandard Shed Purchased Online Advice Needed Please

Jordibird
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My Mam purchased a shed online in July this year as a gift for me.

It arrived with no problems with delivery or times on the requested date in August.

The shed was stored for 2 weeks in my garage and spray treated 3 times as advised with wood preservative.

Only when the shed was actually erected (by a professional firm) did the numerous faults and defects come to light.

The wood used is way below standard and has multiple knots generating cracks and splits, these are also present in the supporting framework.

There are numerous holes in the tongue and groove cladding whereby nails from manufacturing have split the wood.

None of the panels supplied are free from defects,

there has been numerous attempts to patch up the splits with glue which has now started running out and causing more problems.

All in all it is an absolute disgrace.

It is nowhere near any of the descriptions on the firms website and I am very annoyed and upset that they had the audacity to send a product unfit for even pallets.

I have sent an email detailing the defects together with photographic evidence to the firm yesterday.

I have not received an acknowledgement as yet although it is early days.

However today I have noticed even more cracks and leaking glue all photographed.

I am really furious now as it seems that even with my costly intervention this so called superior products will not survive the winter. Plus it was money paid by a pensioner who can ill afford it.

I would just like to know what rights I have to get a refund either full or partial for my Mam, as it is totally impractical to repair or replace the shed now that it is in situe.

Thanks in advance

if it is faulty you have 30 days to totally reject it and get a full refund.

how was it paid for and who was the retailer

CRA refers.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OK well ball is in their court

They can choose repair/refund/replace

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Funny how things happen

I just received an email from them this afternoon.

I had to read it 3 times as I honestly thought they were taking the proverbial.

they deny that the shed is substandard and then waffled on about the natural changes wood goes through and how they although they try to purchase wood without knots, splits or cracks unfortunately the odd one does get through (I must have all the odd ones for the past 10 years making up my shed).

The reply is honestly beyond belief and then they had the audacity to tell me to fill in the defects with wood filler which they would supply if I got in touch. The wood filler needed would have to come in a cement mixer for the amount that would be used - pardon the pun.

I am livid I really am.

I have additional photos now that show severe cracks in the frame and cladding it's a disgrace.

I will try to post the reply minus personal data on here and a few of the photos.

What would be my best course of action now I am fully prepared to take it to court if need be

fwd them all your evidence

state clearly that its not just a case of filling/gluing

its simply too much for one shed , more than an odd piece of wood.

give them 14 days

stating that if they fail that time line

a letter before action ill be issued forthwith.

dx

and they

Thank you DX and Conniff I will get my reply sorted out and will send it to them tomorrow. I will also include the additional photos to back up my claim and the 14 day deadline. I will not forget to include the cost of erecting the shed if it goes to court, which I have a feeling it will, but I will see this through to the bitter end. I will keep you all posted throughout.

Thanks for the support

I think that the defending company will question the fact that the wood was treated before erection and no faults were spotted.

To be honest, split wood and large number of knots would be quite evident when treating the timber.

You'll need to find a good explanation for this, otherwise the judge might think that the shed was damaged while being erected or simply that the wood and so the product was not inspected prior to treatment.

Thanks King for flagging that up. There is a reason why I did not notice the cracks etc when treating the shed, it might not be a solid one but it's the only one I have got. I treat the shed with spirit / oil based preserver via a spray system and was kitted up in the necessary gear coveralls, face mask goggles etc. I didn't get close up for obvious reasons and with the preserver soaking in I honestly couldn't see properly, I noticed the excessive use of glue in gaps and splits the day the shed was delivered but I have no experience of the woodworking industry so apart from hoping they would be sealed ok never inspected the panels close up. As I said earlier I do appreciate you bringing that up and I will definitely bare it in mind.