• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Hoist/Cohen claimform - HSBC OD 'debt'

Hobbs123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday we received another Claim Form from Howard Cohne/Hoist this time for an HSBC overdraft for £710.63 plus costs the total is £1121.23,

(I posted a thread for another one earlier this week for £3522.39 for another HSBC debt).

They are really stacking up now and I am getting increasingly stressed !

I have scanned a copy and will attach shortly.

This is the third thread I have running,

I might relate to them in this request,

please forgive me, the details are important.

When my BF spoke with First Credit last week

he asked for a list of the debts they thought he owed,

they said:

£322.54 Overdraft (HSBC I think)

£7041.16 Loan (Lloyds)

£3522.39 HSBC (The last thread posted which they are threateaning AOE, we plan to submit an N245 for this one, however we are not 100% sure it is correct)

Having checked some paperwork last night we think this one is correct,

the Lloyds one is correct,

the other two he is not sure about.

They were all part of the IVA he had previously

(I have just been advised to complete an SAR form as Churchwood are no longer trading

and we may be able to get some help there, I will do this today as advised).

Another thread suggested he consider bankrupcy,

I am so confused and don't know what to do,

firstly I will attach the scan to this thread,

then complete the SAR and tonight the N245....

.... HELP I'm going mad http://static.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/shocked.gif

The question is what do I do with this one ?

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Please read and complete the following link..posting the Qs and your responses back here for further advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**(3-Viewing)-nbsp

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

we don't need to see the claimform.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Name of the Claimant ? Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Ltd

Date of issue – 6th September 2016

What is the claim for –

1.The claim is for the sum of £710 in respect of monies owing pursuant to an overdraft facility under bank account no.xxxxxxxxx

The debt was legally signed my MKDP LLP (Ex HSBC) to the claimant and notice has been served.

2. The defendant has failed to repay overdraft sums owing under the terms and conditions of the bank account.

The Claimant claims

1. The sum of £710

2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the county court act 1984 at the rate of 8.00 percent from the 24/09/2011 to the date hereof 1801 is the sum of £281

3. Future interest incurring at the daily rate of £.16

4. Costs

What is the value of the claim? £1121

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? Current account overdraft

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? Before

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Hoist

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not sure, probably

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not sure, probably

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Not sure, probably

Why did you cease payments? Due to the recession I was out of work

What was the date of your last payment? May 2008

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Not sure

getting a dab hand at these now

you'll be able to wallpaper one complete wall soon...

ok

std practice then

ACK on MCOL

defend all

get the current account CPR 31:14 running to cohens.

is that last payment date true?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes sure

ring HSBC and confirm time me thinks.

dx

and they

yes very important

could be the winner here

and they

He would have stopped using the account when he opened the Nationwide account he is now using, that was opened 6th October 2010,

this HSBC account he tried to close but they would not let him as he owed them money (all advice from citizens advice).

Should I ask him to get the date he last paid money into the account ?

Or the last date he made a debit on the account ?

I hope that makes sense.

his last use in/out

go ring HSBC and ask

and they

HSBC refused to give him any information over the phone and said he must go into a branch to ask for it.

Thankfully he has kept all paperwork,

I am going to get him to look for the statements covering the 6th October 2010 as that will give us the information we need.

Will update shortly, hopefully he can find it tonight.

I don't think my BF wants to go into a brnach unless he really has to......

wont hurt even if he has too.

dx

and they

My BF visited a branch at the weekend, the lady he saw gave him a print out which shows the debits as:

25 sept 2010 Cash ATM £60

13 Oct 2010 Debit interest £15.62

22 Oct 2010 Pre-notified fees £135

She said she could also see a debit for TV license Oct 2010 but that does. It appear on the print out she provided

She said the last credit on the account was 7th Jan 2011 but that also does not appear on the print out (my BF need to check some of his other paperwork to see if this is correct as he doesn't believe that to be correct)

She also provided a print out of when the account was taken to a zero balance and closed by HSBC (not my BF) which is dates 20 sept 2011 £710.63

I can scan these is of you want to see them.

Please advise, I need to prepare defence which is looming as Claim form date is 6th September 2016, I will run that last you before I send if that's ok.

ok so it looks like regardless of those...

he took £60 out on sept 25 2010 so not statute barred.

so go with the holding /no paperwork defence.

you did send that CPR31:14 to the sols yes?

and they

Could you take a look at this defence I have prepared which I need to submit on Friday, I wasn't sure if I should mention this debt might have been part of his IVA, please let me know if I need to make any amendments.

CLAIM NUMBER: ********

1. Claimant has yet to disclose copies of the terms of any such agreement as requested by CPR 31. 14 and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show proof the Defendant was sent default notice and termination notice; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim; and

(d) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

(d) provide statement of account

2. It is denied with regards to the defendant failing to maintain the required payments . Claimant has yet to disclose any such documentation as requested by CPR 31. 14 the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) provide a copy of the default notice sent to the Defendant

3. It is denied with regards to the Defendant being informed the debt was assigned to the Claimant. Claimant has yet to disclose any such documentation as requested by CPR 31. 14 the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) provide a copy of the correspondence informing the Defendant the Agreement was assigned to the Claimant.

4. It is denied with regards to the Defendant being sent repeated requests for any monies to the Claimant, the claimant has failed to provide any evidence as requested by CPR 31. 14 and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) provide copies of said correspondence

5. As per Civil Procedureicon Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

6. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer crediticon Act 1974.

7. Notwithstanding the above should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the entire balance of the remaining contract. OFCOM guidance states that any Early Termination Charge that is made up of the entire balance if the remaining contract is unlikely to be fair as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

8. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

and they

Just had a look at that link, before I waste time doing it wrong again could you confirm I should be presenting link this one ?

Particulars of Claim

This claim is for the sum of £4250 (rounded) in respect of monies owing under an agreement with the account no.

XXXXXXXXXX pursuant to The consumer creditlink3.gif Act 1974 (CCA).

The debt was legally assigned by MKDP LLP (Ex HSBClink3.gif) to the claimant and notice has been served. The defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement. A default notice has been served upon the defendant pursuant to S.87(1) CCA.

The Claimant claims

1. The sum of £4250 (rounded)

2. Interest pursuant to S69 of the county courtlink3.gif Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00percent from the 20/02/12 to the date hereof 1653 is the sum of £1540 (rounded)

3. Future interest accruing at the daily rate of £0.93

4. Costs

Defence

1 The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have in the past had an agreement with HSBC but do not recognise this specific account number or recollect any outstanding debt and have therefore requested clarification by way of a CPR 31.14 and section 78 request.

3. Paragraph 2 is further denied. I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1) from either the original creditor or MKDP LLP or HPH2. (---Is this correct as per Dx’s post #16 as it looks like an HSBC letter to me, on HSBC letterhead and signed by Head of Recoveries HSBC Bank plc)

4. Paragraph 2 is further denied, I do not recall ever receiving a Default Notice pursuant to s.87(1) CCA or any advance notice or warning.

5. On receipt of this claim, I the Defendant sent a request under the customer credit Act 1974,by way of a section 78 for a copy of the agreement and payment of the statutory fee of £1.00 the Claimant is and remains in Default of said s78 request.

A further request made via CPR 31.14, requesting disclosure of documents on which the Claimant is basing their claim .The claimant has not complied

6. It is therefore not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement

b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for and

c) show the nature of the breach and evidence by way of a Default Notice pursuant to sec 88 CCA1974

d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim

7. As per Civil Procedure 16.5 it is expected that the claimants prove the allegation that the money is owed.

8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of section 136 of the Law of Property Act.

9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

no that's a credit card defence no CCA in OD ones...

and they

and they